Pages: 1 ... 157 158 159 [160] 161 162 163 ... 263   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lee Power  (Read 535875 times)
Crackity Jones

« Reply #2385 on: Friday, July 2, 2021, 06:39:35 »

The non-paymemt of rent and wages just made the 7.30 news on 5 live. The spotlight is turning our way. As PP said, it would have been helpful to know that LP hasn't been funding the club; contrary to his legal team's assertions.  The courts need to step in and remove LP now
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #2386 on: Friday, July 2, 2021, 06:42:46 »

I'm surprised people are surprised that HMRC and council haven't been paid, for a start this was alluded to in court.   Many businesses, if not the majority, over the last year or so have delayed crown debt payments to get through the pandemic, the govt has actively encouraged it.

Football clubs were asked to trade for 12 months with hardly any income.  It's against the law to trade insolvently yet many were effectively forced to do so.  I therefore expect other clubs would be using those levers just to survive.

Payment of salaries is so very different from not paying HMRC.   It's the absolute last thing you don't pay.   The fact that the money is there means that it's a deliberate act of cuntiness from Lee Power.   It's shameful in the extreme!!

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2387 on: Friday, July 2, 2021, 06:50:01 »

Quote from: stfcjack
Is the judge not able to step in now and demand the transfer of shares? As it’s not painfully obvious that he’s lied and can not fund the club.

the thing that worries me, as more and more debts surface, at some point Clem is going to say "fuck that".

I'm extremely worried we are Bury-ing
Crackity Jones

« Reply #2388 on: Friday, July 2, 2021, 06:54:35 »

I am of the mindset of Batch and fear for a Bury situation. I hope Clem has deep pockets.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #2389 on: Friday, July 2, 2021, 07:06:01 »

Is Lee Power not liable for the debt owed to the council?
Flashheart

« Reply #2390 on: Friday, July 2, 2021, 07:08:34 »

SBC taking the club to court over unpaid rent on the CG, rent arrears dates back to April 2020. When will this nightmare end.

Lee Power you piece of shit

And Power said he could afford to run the club.

If I were Clem's lawyer, I'd be pointing out to the judge that Power was taking the piss out of him. One also can't help but wonder why this information was not available at the hearing.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #2391 on: Friday, July 2, 2021, 07:09:24 »

Alex Pollock suggests on Twitter that the transfer of shares is underway. Can we expect something positive soon?
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #2392 on: Friday, July 2, 2021, 07:13:31 »

There are currently measures restricting the ability to wind up s company based on covid-19 debts etc.  Otherwise, the council could have served a statutory demand and subsequently present a petition. Statutory demands are often used by landlords.
Will that be in place for a company who has received various chunks of money over the last 12 months
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #2393 on: Friday, July 2, 2021, 07:14:31 »

Ok, I might be being a bit thick here but how on earth have the club/Power got away with not paying rent for 14 months before the Council take them to court?

Like I understand there are probably proper procedures to following - like an x day reminder letter then an x+10 day reminder letter and so forth.

Could I go that long not paying by my mortgage before my lender did anything about it?
Panda Paws

« Reply #2394 on: Friday, July 2, 2021, 07:14:48 »

Is Lee Power not liable for the debt owed to the council?

I have no knowledge, but why would he be? The club are liable. LP is a creditor, just like the council and HMRC presumably. It’s a mess.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #2395 on: Friday, July 2, 2021, 07:15:03 »

Will that be in place for a company who has received various chunks of money over the last 12 months

Yes

Nothing to see here
Panda Paws

« Reply #2396 on: Friday, July 2, 2021, 07:15:51 »

Ok, I might be being a bit thick here but how on earth have the club/Power got away with not paying rent for 14 months before the Council take them to court?

Like I understand there are probably proper procedures to following - like an x day reminder letter then an x+10 day reminder letter and so forth.

Could I go that long not paying by my mortgage before my lender did anything about it?

The COVID allowances the JBZ has alluded to I guess. Very generous of SBC, and incredibly unhelpful to sit on it during the court cases.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #2397 on: Friday, July 2, 2021, 07:16:04 »

I'm surprised people are surprised that HMRC and council haven't been paid, for a start this was alluded to in court.   Many businesses, if not the majority, over the last year or so have delayed crown debt payments to get through the pandemic, the govt has actively encouraged it.

Football clubs were asked to trade for 12 months with hardly any income.  It's against the law to trade insolvently yet many were effectively forced to do so.  I therefore expect other clubs would be using those levers just to survive.

Payment of salaries is so very different from not paying HMRC.   It's the absolute last thing you don't pay.   The fact that the money is there means that it's a deliberate act of cuntiness from Lee Power.   It's shameful in the extreme!!

The issue for me is that the club has had income over the last 12 months and i would hazard a guess that the rent payments were in all the financials presented by the club when they applied and got their grants etc
JBZ

Ignore
« Reply #2398 on: Friday, July 2, 2021, 07:16:59 »

I have no knowledge, but why would he be? The club are liable. LP is a creditor, just like the council and HMRC presumably. It’s a mess.

The tenant under the lease is liable. Guarantors are also liable as are any former tenants where the lease predates 1 Jan 1996.

Nothing to see here
JBZ

Ignore
« Reply #2399 on: Friday, July 2, 2021, 07:19:09 »

Some landlords elected to refrain from taking action. I assume that the council held fire as the optics would not be very good if they did take robust action.

Nothing to see here
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 159 [160] 161 162 163 ... 263   Go Up
Print
Jump to: