Pages: 1 ... 130 131 132 [133] 134 135 136 ... 263   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lee Power  (Read 535776 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #1980 on: Saturday, June 26, 2021, 18:13:28 »

It’s amazing that fans of other clubs think this is the end game for the club.

We’re the next Bury. Heading into receivership. A Scunny fan even described our opening fixture with them as an early season relegation 6 pointer!
I was going to post something similar, been looking around other clubs forums and almost every one says we have always been cheats and that they will have no sympathy for us when we innevitably go bust and get relegated this season.

Rovers, Shitty, Newport and Exeter seem to be the ones shouting loudest about lacking any sympathy for us "cheats". Orient the only ones saying they feel sorry for us that I have found so far.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #1981 on: Saturday, June 26, 2021, 18:19:23 »

When does the transfer/signing window slam shut.

I guess we have quite a time yet, the main concern is that we end up with players that nobody else wants
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #1982 on: Saturday, June 26, 2021, 18:23:16 »

I was going to post something similar, been looking around other clubs forums and almost every one says we have always been cheats and that they will have no sympathy for us when we innevitably go bust and get relegated this season.

Rovers, Shitty, Newport and Exeter seem to be the ones shouting loudest about lacking any sympathy for us "cheats". Orient the only ones saying they feel sorry for us that I have found so far.

Nothing on the poxford forum maybe the internet hasn't reached Blackbird Leys yet!

So, give no fucks
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #1983 on: Saturday, June 26, 2021, 18:25:16 »

A lot of people seem confident the goings on of the past couple of days are signs of an imminent takeover. Maybe they're ITK, but I don't share the same confidence.

Right now it very much feels like a belligerent owner is fighting tooth and nail to hold onto what's "his" even if it means cutting off his nose to spite his face.

I can see us heading into the season with no change in ownership, legal proceedings continuing, fielding a team of youngsters to fulfill our fixtures... if we don't end up folding before then.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1984 on: Saturday, June 26, 2021, 18:25:23 »

Some time in August I think, so we have plenty of time. The better players seem to leave it late waiting for the best deal - especially when it is a loan.

Looking at those players who have joined clubs in L2 can’t say I’m envious of any of them so far.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1985 on: Saturday, June 26, 2021, 18:26:11 »

A lot of people seem confident the goings on of the past couple of days are signs of an imminent takeover. Maybe they're ITK, but I don't share the same confidence.

Right now it very much feels like a belligerent owner is fighting tooth and nail to hold onto what's "his" even if it means cutting off his nose to spite his face.

I can see us heading into the season with no change in ownership, legal proceedings continuing, fielding a team of youngsters to fulfill our fixtures... if we don't end up folding before then.
Power has gone. Believe!
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #1986 on: Saturday, June 26, 2021, 18:29:41 »

Ah Exeter, and their holier than thou 'we own our own club' tedium. They might be better run but they are a nothing club & have still never achieved anything football-wise

I come from a land down-under
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #1987 on: Saturday, June 26, 2021, 18:35:24 »

Ah Exeter, and their holier than thou 'we own our own club' tedium. They might be better run but they are a nothing club & have still never achieved anything football-wise
They are indeed righteous at times Smiley

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #1988 on: Saturday, June 26, 2021, 18:40:46 »

This could go on the transfer rumours but I think it’s more appropriate for here. Could be a struggle to get a competitive team recruited before the window shuts but we will have a team. It would also appear that people are forgetting about the January transfer window. May be whimsical thinking but there is nothing stopping Axis pumping money into the team for January as our main sponsors as it would come under income and be legitimate to spend it on boosting the squad where needed.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #1989 on: Saturday, June 26, 2021, 18:45:10 »

Clem has already stated that Axis won’t be the main sponsor

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #1990 on: Saturday, June 26, 2021, 18:47:05 »

99% of other clubs fans at our level have no idea what goes on at other clubs. They jump onto any band wagon or tid bit of news that suits their agenda. Let’s be fair, over the last four decades we’ve had our fair share of limelight and most of it has not been positive so it goes without saying we are easy targets for being baited by fans from other bottom feeding teams especially local or near rivals. Furthermore 50% of EFL clubs bumble along without making a ripple on a millpond never mind a tidal wave.
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #1991 on: Saturday, June 26, 2021, 18:47:39 »

Clem has already stated that Axis won’t be the main sponsor

Bollox. Well whoever is will then. 😁
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #1992 on: Saturday, June 26, 2021, 18:49:53 »

99% of other clubs fans at our level have no idea what goes on at other clubs. They jump onto any band wagon or tid bit of news that suits their agenda. Let’s be fair, over the last four decades we’ve had our fair share of limelight and most of it has not been positive so it goes without saying we are easy targets for being baited by fans from other bottom feeding teams especially local or near rivals. Furthermore 50% of EFL clubs bumble along without making a ripple on a millpond never mind a tidal wave.

99% of supporters of STFC have no idea of what goes on at their club

Nothing to see here
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #1993 on: Saturday, June 26, 2021, 18:52:00 »

This could go on the transfer rumours but I think it’s more appropriate for here. Could be a struggle to get a competitive team recruited before the window shuts but we will have a team. It would also appear that people are forgetting about the January transfer window. May be whimsical thinking but there is nothing stopping Axis pumping money into the team for January as our main sponsors as it would come under income and be legitimate to spend it on boosting the squad where needed.
That's why I think survival will be good. If this drags on then the manager might have to recruit from the TEF to field a side! It might not be until January that we can get signing the new manager wants. So, a poor first have with a good second to leave us one or two places above relegation, but on the up for the following year would be a par season.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #1994 on: Saturday, June 26, 2021, 18:53:06 »

The other 1% do after watching channel 5 can't pay take into away Crying

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 132 [133] 134 135 136 ... 263   Go Up
Print
Jump to: