Pages: 1 ... 129 130 131 [132] 133 134 135 ... 263   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lee Power  (Read 535829 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1965 on: Saturday, June 26, 2021, 16:06:58 »

Yep. Historically - well, the last 10 years or so - the FA have dried away from points deductions. They’ve left that for the EFL.

The FA tend to dish out fines and personal sanctions.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #1966 on: Saturday, June 26, 2021, 16:16:54 »

Town will piss the league.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #1967 on: Saturday, June 26, 2021, 16:24:16 »

But the issue still stand that we haven’t had a financial viable sustainable club for years for a variety of reasons.

Our previous promotions out of this league have all been built on a house of cards, as each time we end up in financial trouble & right back to square one.

If it was a simple as we’re a big club & our attendances cover our budget then we wouldn’t be in this mess (again, again)

We can not sustain a promotion chasing side at this level on attendances and merchandise sales alone. We never have been able to and this season will not being any different.
If Clem has money to throw in to make up the short fall so we can have a competitive side then fantastic but if he is legit and a legit business man he’s going want some stability first right? He’s going to want us living within our means first? Right.

I could of course be well off the mark here but certainly from what he’s said Clem isn’t here to bankroll us & hopefully he isn’t the type to bankroll us with loans - so where do we think this top L2 budget is coming from?

we do know from previous ownership the type of attendance thresholds required to get a decent budget. in league ours will always acquaint to something decent unless we go ridiculously overboard or have a shafty owner. but even a shafty owner has proved that they can provide decent league 2 budgets.

Big clubs demoted recover in the majority. it's not a given but I can hope that we are the norm. Many clubs fans would read this and think we are above our stations etc but attendances show we are always one of the better supported even in shit times. a proper media push and positivity will create a buzz to get the fans that have stayed away back to cg.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #1968 on: Saturday, June 26, 2021, 16:29:01 »

Notts County show that a "big club" with decent attendance figures can lose their league status.

Nothing to see here
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #1969 on: Saturday, June 26, 2021, 16:37:58 »

Just to be clear so I am not taken out of context again – no, I am not expecting us to be promoted.

But.

It’s obvious that a takeover is imminent in the next few days. If the new guy can’t/won’t do the following then we’re in for another shit ride. But going on the assumption that Clem is who he says he is, then:

We should expect a good manager for this level. I know that all managerial appointments are a gamble, but the same could be said for any season. Regardless, the budget and the intention to hire a good manager should be there. If not, the new owner is a dud.

I echo every part of this. Well said. It’s a embarrassing league 2 next season also.

We should also be looking to recruit players who can get us out of the league. I know the manager will start with a handicap that makes promotion more challenging than usual, but the budget and the intention to sign the right players should be there. If not, the new owner is a dud.

With a good manager and good players relative to the league they’re in, any club should expect to be competitive. If they’re not, then something is wrong. Again, I know it will be unreasonable to expect promotion, but the intention and the budget should be there to at least give it a go.

And I know there's a lot wrong at the moment, but I'm quite sure the intention will be to get these things fixed pronto. I mean, there is a takeover happening after all and unless the new guy is a dud, I don't see why people expect these problems to continue. These things should be fixed and they should have fuck-all to do with the manager and team anyway. It's not as though managers have to deal with court cases and accounting and what-not. Give him a budget and staff and let him get on with his job.

Aim for survival? Mid-table at best?

Fuck that.

singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #1970 on: Saturday, June 26, 2021, 16:44:28 »

Notts County show that a "big club" with decent attendance figures can lose their league status.

recover in the majority...

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1971 on: Saturday, June 26, 2021, 16:50:08 »

Clubs get relegated because they’re shite - no matter how many fans watch them. Being shite invariably emanates from poor ownership. If nothing had changed for the coming season it may well have been the outcome for us.

But things have changed and I very much doubt we’ll be down amongst the dead men this season.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1972 on: Saturday, June 26, 2021, 17:02:54 »

I'm being negative here for the sake of debate:

Clem doesn't have the contacts that power did.  With Jewell gone it's very difficult to know who is taking charge of recruitment.

Hopefully the new manager will have been working on it.

Hopefully Clem will have other football people incoming/available for consultancy.

it's really difficult to know anything until things slot in place.

But really I'm sure these things will be in place waiting for the ownership to change
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #1973 on: Saturday, June 26, 2021, 17:06:04 »

Surely a statement from one of the two main men must be a certainty next week. Either Clem announcing himself as the new owner or Power saying he will remain in charge. Someone say something FFS!
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #1974 on: Saturday, June 26, 2021, 17:14:07 »

Clem doesn't have the contacts that power did.  With Jewell gone it's very difficult to know who is taking charge of recruitment.

Hopefully Clem will have other football people incoming/available for consultancy.

But really I'm sure these things will be in place waiting for the ownership to change

I think Clem will be looking to Standing during this early phase - formally or informally. Clearly there has been a relationship over the court case(s) and Standing already has plenty of contacts in the UK game.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #1975 on: Saturday, June 26, 2021, 17:20:57 »

by and large the majority of power/jewell recruitment has been a success. I can see why it provides doubt. recruitment going forward may well be an issue but I' sure you don't spend x amount on a club without a plan which includes scouts and a manager.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1976 on: Saturday, June 26, 2021, 17:22:52 »

Just think what retaining and recirculating transfer income could do for a start.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1977 on: Saturday, June 26, 2021, 18:00:32 »

all very good counter arguments

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1978 on: Saturday, June 26, 2021, 18:04:09 »

It’s amazing that fans of other clubs think this is the end game for the club.

We’re the next Bury. Heading into receivership. A Scunny fan even described our opening fixture with them as an early season relegation 6 pointer!
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #1979 on: Saturday, June 26, 2021, 18:08:17 »

It’s amazing that fans of other clubs think this is the end game for the club.

We’re the next Bury. Heading into receivership. A Scunny fan even described our opening fixture with them as an early season relegation 6 pointer!

I may be for them.
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 131 [132] 133 134 135 ... 263   Go Up
Print
Jump to: