Pages: 1 ... 124 125 126 [127] 128 129 130 ... 263   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lee Power  (Read 535726 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1890 on: Saturday, June 26, 2021, 07:27:59 »

That’s why I don’t understand McGreal leaving. Any broken promises were Power’s broken promises. He obviously knew a new owner was in the offing so why not wait and see and hear Clem’s approach.

On he one hand, the Trust say Clem hasn’t talked to McGreal and, by all accounts, was willing to back him. On the other hand there are rumours Clem told him his job wasn’t safe which obviously means they have someone already lined up.

Why the statement earlier in the week about having players lined up then 2 days later resigning?
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #1891 on: Saturday, June 26, 2021, 07:32:30 »

That’s why I don’t understand McGreal leaving. Any broken promises were Power’s broken promises. He obviously knew a new owner was in the offing so why not wait and see and hear Clem’s approach.

On he one hand, the Trust say Clem hasn’t talked to McGreal and, by all accounts, was willing to back him. On the other hand there are rumours Clem told him his job wasn’t safe which obviously means they have someone already lined up.

Why the statement earlier in the week about having players lined up then 2 days later resigning?

I do believe the new regime will have wanted to bring in their new man.
This should be next week, thus you would have thought that discussions have been going on for some time.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #1892 on: Saturday, June 26, 2021, 07:33:24 »

This should be next week, thus you would have thought that discussions have been going on for some time.

So when can we expect an official Clem announcement?

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1893 on: Saturday, June 26, 2021, 07:37:00 »

Doesn’t need to be an out of work manager, though. After their PO Final defeat, Michael Flynn declined to say he would see out the final year of his contract - don’t think he liked the idea of having a DoF. He may well resign.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #1894 on: Saturday, June 26, 2021, 07:37:59 »

So when can we expect an official Clem announcement?

Surely something will be announced early next week it has to be.
Would be strange with a Managerial announcement being made before those that are employing him.
Can see next week being very busy. Supporters will need engagement.
china red

« Reply #1895 on: Saturday, June 26, 2021, 07:46:44 »

100% sure it’s happening Banbury?
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #1896 on: Saturday, June 26, 2021, 07:48:38 »

Did Power leave Cambridge and Rushden in the same predicament?

I remember at the time reading about horror stories with the club being rinsed. But were there no players, no management team etc or is this a new modus operandi?
« Last Edit: Saturday, June 26, 2021, 07:53:29 by Nomoreheroes » Logged

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #1897 on: Saturday, June 26, 2021, 08:16:37 »

It’s a duck on a fast river scenario. Looks all poised and graceful on top but paddling like fuck under the surface. Eventually the truth will come out, it always does.
bathford

Ignore
« Reply #1898 on: Saturday, June 26, 2021, 08:33:11 »

I think McGreal was trying to force people like Anderson and Power into doing something. He had players lined up, they wouldn’t back him, even after his announcement, so he walked. Can’t blame him.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #1899 on: Saturday, June 26, 2021, 08:36:25 »

If nothing is sorted out next it's hard to see how we can appoint a new manager and we could end up like Bolton a few years ago who had to sign a load of players just as the season started

So, give no fucks
Flashheart

« Reply #1900 on: Saturday, June 26, 2021, 09:40:30 »

I suspect that most supporters will regard survival and maintaining div 4 status as a pleasing result this season. However, there will still be a vocal contingent who will get sniffy about certain players being linked with the club and proclaim that STFC should 'piss the league'.

IF Clem is the real deal, then I expect to see a good standard of player signed for this league. He would be the real deal, after all.

IF Clem is the real deal I also expect us to see us challenging towards the top. He would be the real deal, after all.  (Although I don't necessarily expect promotion at the first attempt, especially considering the gaffer would have had a late start)

Swindon is a big club for this league and if survival is the aim then Clem can fuck right off, although I very much doubt that will be the case. And I know you're rather partial to strawmanning, so I should clarify that expecting the club to be up there (if Clem is the real deal) does not necessarily equate to expecting the club to 'pissing the league'.
« Last Edit: Saturday, June 26, 2021, 10:27:36 by Flashheart » Logged

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1901 on: Saturday, June 26, 2021, 09:43:50 »

Going back to being a normal, functioning football club this season is good enough for me.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1902 on: Saturday, June 26, 2021, 09:44:39 »

interesting question of what the expectation is under Clem.

me, I don't see him as a super rich sugar daddy. The medium term aim is obviously going to be get up the leagues.

I just don't see him being able to buy his way out.

He has a lot to sort out to stabilise the club this year. That's why survival is all I expect.

Hopefully he will be as good as good word and tell us as it is. Even if it's an uncomfortable truth
kaufman

« Reply #1903 on: Saturday, June 26, 2021, 09:45:30 »

For what it's worth
https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/exclusive-paul-jewell-set-to-leave-swindon-town-as-exodus-continues/

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1904 on: Saturday, June 26, 2021, 09:48:31 »

interesting question of what the expectation is under Clem.

me, I don't see him as a super rich sugar daddy. The medium term aim is obviously going to be get up the leagues.

I just don't see him being able to buy his way out.

He has a lot to sort out to stabilise the club this year. That's why survival is all I expect.

Hopefully he will be as good as good word and tell us as it is. Even if it's an uncomfortable truth
But you can see from what Power was/is taking out of the club that we should/could be fairly self sufficient pretty much as we are without a grasping owner. Even a small(ish) input of capital at L2 level could pay dividends.
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 126 [127] 128 129 130 ... 263   Go Up
Print
Jump to: