Pages: 1 ... 469 470 471 [472] 473 474 475 ... 867   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1276139 times)
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #7065 on: Tuesday, October 31, 2023, 16:22:55 »

You could volunteer to help them, given your intense interest in all of this.

Right on cue as expected.

Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #7066 on: Tuesday, October 31, 2023, 16:33:26 »

You could volunteer to help them, given your intense interest in all of this.
I've previously volunteered to help on an inflight project the trust have on with the AB questions but haven't heard back. bloody lazy volunteers

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #7067 on: Tuesday, October 31, 2023, 16:51:32 »

Right on cue as expected.

So you are all talk, what a surprise!

STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #7068 on: Tuesday, October 31, 2023, 16:52:20 »

I've previously volunteered to help on an inflight project the trust have on with the AB questions but haven't heard back. bloody lazy volunteers

Well done for trying
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #7069 on: Tuesday, October 31, 2023, 16:56:03 »

Fwiw, the Trust AGM is in March each year, and the nominations for new board members usually open in early January, so it's probably a good time to start considering if it's something you might be interested in. I know assorted TEF members are Trust board members past or present (even after the recent account deletion) who can no doubt advise interested parties. I think it's pretty clear that the Trust could probably do with more shoulders to the wheel at least, although I'm not really clear whether there are roles to help them with stuff that don't require you to stand for election (bennett has perhaps proved that they're not particularly set up for that!)
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #7070 on: Tuesday, October 31, 2023, 16:58:49 »

It's a forum. It's about talk.

I take my hat off to anyone that volunteers their time for the club and I have never doubted that people's intentions are sound. As I say, I'd like the Trust to be thriving. I think it is a bit confusing at the moment in terms of 'membership' vs 'shares', which strikes me as a barrier to entry, and I think they have made a well meaning but major strategic error in hitching their wagon to Clem in the way that they did, that they are now compounding with sheepish silence. Not sure those are outrageous views.

STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #7071 on: Tuesday, October 31, 2023, 17:05:04 »

It's a forum. It's about talk.

I take my hat off to anyone that volunteers their time for the club and I have never doubted that people's intentions are sound. As I say, I'd like the Trust to be thriving. I think it is a bit confusing at the moment in terms of 'membership' vs 'shares', which strikes me as a barrier to entry, and I think they have made a well meaning but major strategic error in hitching their wagon to Clem in the way that they did, that they are now compounding with sheepish silence. Not sure those are outrageous views.

I'm just offering you a way to help correct all the issues that you see, I'm sure they would be more than happy for fresh ideas.

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #7072 on: Tuesday, October 31, 2023, 17:17:07 »

The biggest issue the Trust is always likely to face is getting the right calibre of people to volunteer.  The best of us are likely swamped with their day jobs, which is why they are successful.

I'd offer, but am a little far away these days.  I did get involved previously, so I can at least remain sanctimonious!

I'll repeat - they really could do with some paid help, not just volunteers.  Nothing in their set-up precludes paying for skills and resources.  I'd be seeking out someone with experience in Stadium development and/or management.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #7073 on: Tuesday, October 31, 2023, 17:17:42 »

Last I heard they were pissing all the subs up the wall on nights out with Clem!  Cheesy Wink
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #7074 on: Tuesday, October 31, 2023, 17:25:44 »

The biggest issue the Trust is always likely to face is getting the right calibre of people to volunteer.  The best of us are likely swamped with their day jobs, which is why they are successful.

The amount of time we spend debating rubbish on here suggests otherwise....  Wink

I'll repeat - they really could do with some paid help, not just volunteers.  Nothing in their set-up precludes paying for skills and resources.  I'd be seeking out someone with experience in Stadium development and/or management.

It doesn't necessarily have to be paid, albeit paying someone makes it easier to hit them if they aren't doing what you pay them for, just getting lucky with volunteers with the right skills, for instance somewhere they fall over at the moment is communication/PR, now I suspect many think such a thing is easy, but it really bloody isn't and is also incredibly time consuming to do right, and very obvious when not done right or neglected, the ideal would be getting someone who works in PR as a volunteer to do it but are they available for instance.

I can't be sanctimonious about the Trust, but I have done my fair share of volunteering for a couple of organisations, including a spell as a treasurer and it took over my sodding life, thankfully I could fit it round work so could do much of it during breaks in the working day, if I hadn't been able to do so it would have taken up probably 5 hrs a week of my evenings - so its not as easy as many suggest.

Plus I have acted as a funder to several volunteer groups and they are often terribly toxic and territorial which doesn't help (no suggestion that the Trust is like that, but it puts me right off!)   
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #7075 on: Tuesday, October 31, 2023, 17:29:57 »

I just read the Accounts produced by the Trust, and while it includes a lot of good stuff, it begs the question (at least for me) why are THEY the ones doing half of this?

Museum, Sensory Packs for people with Autism, Don Rogers Statue etc.  As I say, all very worthy things to be involved in, but is it really something the Trust should be driving?  In some cases, it clearly should be the club, in others it sort of falls into the Supporter Club world, in my mind.  Now, the Supporters Club may well say they can't fund it - well, then we put it on the shelf and come back to it.  The Trust has two essential jobs to do, in my opinion - represent the fans views to the club in terms of strategy and operations, holding the club to account while trying to seek greater access (up to an including shares and a seat on the Board, if not ownership).  Second, to be a 50/50 partner in operating and developing the stadium.

Those two jobs are monumental.  How can they expect to do anything else, and why should we expect them to?  

I think I said as much 6 years ago when they pushed for CG purchase in public - it will consume them, and they needed to prepare to be laser focused on just that.

Too many plates Trust, too many plates.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #7076 on: Tuesday, October 31, 2023, 17:34:43 »

half joking, half serious.  If the Trust need any support come January, I may have a LOT of time on my hands.  Clearly my usefulness is limited by location and timezone - I'm not going to be able to pop to the shops - and despite much bleating, I have zero experience in the football world!
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #7077 on: Tuesday, October 31, 2023, 17:45:35 »

What are the rules here, not allowed to criticise unless you're prepared to run to be on the board?

Pretty shite that.
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #7078 on: Tuesday, October 31, 2023, 17:49:34 »

What are the rules here, not allowed to criticise unless you're prepared to run to be on the board?

Pretty shite that.

100%
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #7079 on: Tuesday, October 31, 2023, 18:01:31 »

Got a view on Rishi Sunak? Not welcome unless you are prepared to run for Prime Minister.
Pages: 1 ... 469 470 471 [472] 473 474 475 ... 867   Go Up
Print
Jump to: