Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Parkin buy-back fund starts here  (Read 768 times)
Dazzza

« on: Thursday, October 20, 2005, 19:25:50 »

Not really but just a thought....

Not exclusively an idea for Parkin, which is in reality a pipe dream but I’m wondering what the feasibility would be for a 100% generated fan purchased player is?

I remember reading about fans buying shares in players a few years back.  For those interested there’s a decent article here….

http://www.sport.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml;?xml=/sport/2004/09/26/sfnhar26.xml&sSheet=/sport/2004/09/26/ixfooty.html

Anyway the long and the short of it is fans purchase shares in the player, usually to help fund his transfer or wages and are rewarded with any future transfer fee generated from the players sale.

Apparently the article written last year said that we are in fact one of the clubs that are taking steps in the scheme.  Anyone herd anything about this?

The shortfall being if the player decides to see out their contract and then demand a free transfer.  Investors are protected to a degree by having a say on when and if the player is sold and while the legality of it may be questionable if disputed, I would speculate the player would have to agree to a degree of cooperation with his shareholders.

Putting the issue of whether the player would be agreeable to any move in the first place does anyone see any viability in the scheme?  

The Red Army Fund does a sterling job but the benefits of a fan purchased player would see a potential large return on initial stake and has the advantage of contributors having the advantage of knowing exactly who their hard earned cash is funding.  Plus the potential exists to attract external investors speculating on investment.

At £100 a share chances of selling 5,000 are?   Wink

Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, October 20, 2005, 20:04:04 »

Lets at least get him on loan. I think every fan would donate for that! If Ugarte did it with Wrexham lets do it with ssp. It will do his confidence the world of good.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Rich Pullen

« Reply #2 on: Thursday, October 20, 2005, 20:05:24 »

There's probably more chance of Don Rogers playing for us again but what the hell!
Asher

« Reply #3 on: Friday, October 21, 2005, 07:40:32 »

Dazza if you are serious about this I would be happy to contribute.  If fans pput in £250 each, say 16 of us, thats an average players wages for a month, worth thinking about
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: