Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: A message to the board of STFC  (Read 10035 times)
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Sunday, March 18, 2007, 22:23:28 »

Quote from: "pewshamrobin"
More patience needed I see to allow the process to see its course & when this has been exhausted, possibly a change of direction.

We have got two weeks

If no progress has been made within that timeframe then I think it is time for the vote
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Sunday, March 18, 2007, 22:24:09 »

Quote from: "simon pieman"
11:30am?

FFS

You could always boycott it Si
pewshamrobin

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Sunday, March 18, 2007, 22:26:03 »

Roughly how many protested behind Arkells for King to leave & before that Macari.. any ideas anyone & would these be valid numbers to make comparison or has the drop in fanbase over the years effected the numbers to actively protest ?

ewsham Robin
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Sunday, March 18, 2007, 22:27:06 »

Quote from: "Yeovil Red"
Quote from: "Razzledazzle"
Would be excellent if we could get trust backing for that game, go straight from the meeting to the game then i would expect 500+ fans to be behind the arkells, i wouldn't be surprised to see 1000+ fans behind their once trust backing is approved, everyone will join in then.

I wouldnt be so sure,the Trust has a membership of near 1000 but how many are active members? I think a Trust call to arms would increase numbers a bit but in reality 500-1000 is pie in the sky.

Agree YR

But just imagine the noise that 250/300 would make.

John the security would have a coronary aswell

The Shrews team bus would not be able to get past or anything
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Sunday, March 18, 2007, 22:27:50 »

Roughly how many protested behind Arkells for King to leave

less than 100 mate
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Sunday, March 18, 2007, 22:29:19 »

Re: season ticket boycotts. For reference, they had a situation at Luton a few years back when a chancer turned up and bought the club solely so he could do a stadium redev and reap the profits. Luton Trust organised a s/t boycott where people put the money they would have spent on a s/t in an escrow account, with the promise that they could get the money out at any time and that when Gurney was forced out people would be able to buy a s/t at the price applicable when they deposited the money (ie "early bird" prices would still apply in effect). They then got to mid-May and were able to turn round to Gurney and say "We've got 3-400 grand [can't remember exact amount OTTOMH] sat in bank account here. Do you want to talk now?" Of course he had to as he didn't have any money to invest in the club with the sole revenue stream over the summer strangled he was knackered. He was forced out by the end of June, if memory serves.

The point being not that I'm advocating a s/t boycott, but that it can be done intelligently and at Luton they only got about 25% of s/t holders joining in, but it was enough to bring Gurney to his knees in a very short space of time. I thought I'd raise this as an interesting anecdote, relevant to the matter being discussed.
pewshamrobin

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Sunday, March 18, 2007, 22:29:55 »

Cheers Fred so the 60-70 we had at the last game was comparable with King protest.... so the Shrews game should take us above that number.

ewsham Robin
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Sunday, March 18, 2007, 22:31:39 »

Quote from: "pauld"
Re: season ticket boycotts. For reference, they had a situation at Luton a few years back when a chancer turned up and bought the club solely so he could do a stadium redev and reap the profits. Luton Trust organised a s/t boycott where people put the money they would have spent on a s/t in an escrow account, with the promise that they could get the money out at any time and that when Gurney was forced out people would be able to buy a s/t at the price applicable when they deposited the money (ie "early bird" prices would still apply in effect). They then got to mid-May and were able to turn round to Gurney and say "We've got 3-400 grand [can't remember exact amount OTTOMH] sat in bank account here. Do you want to talk now?" Of course he had to as he didn't have any money to invest in the club with the sole revenue stream over the summer strangled he was knackered. He was forced out by the end of June, if memory serves.

The point being not that I'm advocating a s/t boycott, but that it can be done intelligently and at Luton they only got about 25% of s/t holders joining in, but it was enough to bring Gurney to his knees in a very short space of time. I thought I'd raise this as an interesting anecdote, relevant to the matter being discussed.

Sounds like a plan..

/
W56196272
sonic youth

« Reply #68 on: Sunday, March 18, 2007, 22:32:30 »

Roughly how many protested behind Arkells for King to leave & before that Macari.. any ideas anyone & would these be valid numbers to make comparison or has the drop in fanbase over the years effected the numbers to actively protest ?

There was about 20-30 outside when King was sacked. In all honesty I think it was coincidence he went that week, the pressure applied by those fans may have helped slightly but his position had become untenable at that stage anyway.

I will not, nor will I ever, support a boycott of games. I'd strongly oppose a call for such action but equally I quite understand why individuals want to do so.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Sunday, March 18, 2007, 22:34:30 »

Quote from: "pauld"

:goodpost:

Nice one Paul
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Sunday, March 18, 2007, 22:35:22 »

The Macari protest was about the same as the numbers after the Stanley game....however our attendances back then were regularly a couple of thousand or less....so a higher percentage.

King....about 40.

Difference is that in neither case were Directors being asked to do anything which jeopardised their personal interests....so they'll happily acquiese.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #71 on: Sunday, March 18, 2007, 22:35:54 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"

There was about 20-30 outside when King was sacked. In all honesty I think it was coincidence he went that week, the pressure applied by those fans may have helped slightly but his position had become untenable at that stage anyway.

I will not, nor will I ever, support a boycott of games. I'd strongly oppose a call for such action but equally I quite understand why individuals want to do so.

I don't think anyone has called for a boycott of games on here
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Sunday, March 18, 2007, 22:36:13 »

Cheers Fred so the 60-70 we had at the last game was comparable with King protest.... so the Shrews game should take us above that number.

Without a doubt

Cool
sonic youth

« Reply #73 on: Sunday, March 18, 2007, 22:38:16 »

Quote from: "simon pieman"
I don't think anyone has called for a boycott of games on here

I know, I just wanted to make my opinion clear :advercool:

My sense of self-importance is terribly inflated
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Sunday, March 18, 2007, 22:41:34 »