Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Make a list of strikers we should sign  (Read 15563 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Thursday, August 13, 2009, 11:02:50 »

During the live game on Friday, one of the commentators said that a presenter on one of the property programmes (Location, Location I think) said words to the effect of "Middlebrough is the biggest shit hole in the country, no one would ever move there by choice". Someone (the council I guess) complained to Ofcom that the comment was unfair and inaccurate, Ofcom ruled in favour of the programme.

Why would you complain about something like that? It just draws attention to it and then pretty much makes the comment gospel when you lose.
Ha, that made oi larf! Although, it's no different from the Adver doing banner headlines every time some Z-list celeb has a pop at Swindon (Dom Jolly, that bloody Ginger woman, some metrosexual git in the Mail etc etc)
swindon247

« Reply #121 on: Thursday, August 13, 2009, 11:28:50 »

billy sharp is being linked with a loan move to Franchise
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #122 on: Thursday, August 13, 2009, 12:48:54 »

In light of Paynter's hamstring injury who do we think we can get in on loan asap?

Wilson is probably chasing the two clubs he put enquiries to now, rather than waiting for them to respond, but given that we've missed out on several targets now it may not be enough.
Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Thursday, August 13, 2009, 12:50:45 »

Sam Vokes from Wolves would be nice..
swindon247

« Reply #124 on: Thursday, August 13, 2009, 12:52:16 »

where on does it say paynter has a hamstring problem i need a link
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Saturday, August 15, 2009, 22:49:36 »

where on does it say paynter has a hamstring problem i need a link

He played today (quite well), so I don' think you need to worry.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #126 on: Thursday, August 20, 2009, 08:35:50 »

Still nobody in to replace the injured Paynter. 12 days and counting.
glos_robin

« Reply #127 on: Thursday, August 20, 2009, 09:06:33 »

With Fitton being on holiday for 2 weeks now I can't see anything happening until the back end of August as he seems to like to be part of all the negotiations etc
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Thursday, August 20, 2009, 09:23:18 »

With Fitton being on holiday for 2 weeks now I can't see anything happening until the back end of August as he seems to like to be part of all the negotiations etc

I'd imagine he was contactable, and there are only 11 days left in August.

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Thursday, August 20, 2009, 09:46:08 »

12 including today!
glos_robin

« Reply #130 on: Thursday, August 20, 2009, 10:54:45 »

I'd imagine he was contactable, and there are only 11 days left in August.
But didn't the manager thing drag on because he was away on business last season, I just get the impression nothing much happens when he's away as he likes to be very hands on with negotiations etc.
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Thursday, August 20, 2009, 11:49:05 »

But didn't the manager thing drag on because he was away on business last season, I just get the impression nothing much happens when he's away as he likes to be very hands on with negotiations etc.

Ok, to spell it out then. If he's on two weeks holiday, there won't be enough time for any negotiations before the end of August ( 11 and a half  days time) unless he's prepared to be contacted on holiday. Away on business isn't the same as away on holiday. That's all I was trying to say.

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Thursday, August 20, 2009, 12:32:14 »

In that case then it will have to be loan signings!

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
penhill red

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Thursday, August 20, 2009, 17:15:05 »

I'm surprised nobody has signed Bishop from Bury yet, he is always near the top of the scoring charts. He might be costly though.

If "Practice makes perfect" and "nobody is perfect" why bother waste time practicing when there is beer to be drank.
glos_robin

« Reply #134 on: Thursday, August 20, 2009, 17:57:31 »

Ok, to spell it out then. If he's on two weeks holiday, there won't be enough time for any negotiations before the end of August ( 11 and a half  days time) unless he's prepared to be contacted on holiday. Away on business isn't the same as away on holiday. That's all I was trying to say.
He went straight after the MK game so that'd given him a couple of days when he's back before the window to check over any potential deal, I just think any signing will go down to wire. I'm sure he'll allow people at the club to negotiate for him but he seems to like checking and signing anything himself, so it wouldn't suprise me if we have a busy bank holiday weekend.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: