Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Please fuck off Gareth  (Read 13782 times)
Rich Pullen

« Reply #120 on: Thursday, March 8, 2007, 16:27:26 »

There is no way Whalley will play for Swindon Town again. Sturrock has the smae stance which was also applied to Royce Brownlie and rightly so (in regards to the Whalley that is)
Piemonte

« Reply #121 on: Friday, March 30, 2007, 13:36:10 »

I note he is in negotiations with our "chief Executive" (Is that still Starnes? Dont seem to see or hear much from him recently) over termination of his contract. No doubt the Lukas money will be helping with this. Great business there, sell quality youngster, use some of the cash to pay off useless has been.

Personally I'd pay him off with about tree fiddy and a kick in the nuts, but I understand that contractual law frowns upon such behaviour.
Dazzza

« Reply #122 on: Friday, March 30, 2007, 13:46:24 »

I suppose every manager has his own outlook on these things but I’ve never understood how league manager’s can afford to banish players from the squad because they ‘don’t fit the mould’.  

I can understand when you have the luxury of a replacement and have no need to ever call on that player ever again but when you’ve only got two or three options to in a certain position to fart about with why handicap yourself further and send players to Coventry.  Fuck it he may be close to retirement and may not have got close to first team selection but at the end of the day if the player is kept fit and willing to fight for a place it’s an option all the same.

At the end of the day rather than offer three years we should have let Whalley bugger off to Grimsby for more cash.

Piemonte

« Reply #123 on: Friday, March 30, 2007, 14:02:01 »

The contract offer from Grimsby should still be binding. Just send him up there.

du du du du, fuck off Gareth
Piemonte

« Reply #124 on: Friday, March 30, 2007, 14:20:06 »

Some odes to the mighty one himself

He's there, not here
With the mrs in Ikea
Gareth Whalley,
on Saturdays

There was a young man called gareth,
In football skill he lacked
This mattered not, because king the clot
gave him a 3 year contract

He hangs around the club for days
Passing the ball sideways
I've not got a clue what he's supposed to do
Except pick up a fat paycheck
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #125 on: Friday, March 30, 2007, 14:38:45 »

ooooooooooooooooooooooh Gareth Whalley, used to play for swindon, he goes shopping now!
millom red

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Saturday, March 31, 2007, 00:31:44 »

Dazza..i just wonder if perhaps there is a clause that gives him a wadge if he makes x ammount of starts for the firsts and we get promotion...Nowt would surprise me with our lot!
 :roll:

f it dont need fixing....dont fuckin break it

Await The Day
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Saturday, March 31, 2007, 11:23:02 »

...or even play 15 games and you get a year extension to your contract.

That clause appears every now and again
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: