Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What players will leave next season.  (Read 6614 times)
animalwilliams

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, March 13, 2012, 11:15:02 »

Looking back to the 1985/86 championship team that Lou built. Several key members of that squad were shipped out just after the start of the new season in the old third division after a home thrashing by Rotherham.
Kenny Allen, David Cole, Chris Ramsey,Lee Barnard and Colin Gordon are the ones that I remember didn't play too much more for us. 
Will we need to offload many of the current squad.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, March 13, 2012, 12:02:34 »

The only ones i would think that are "safe" are Fodds, Caddis,Flint, Macca, Devera, Ferry, Cox, Ritchie, Rooney and Benson. All of the others could possibly be jettisoned to be able to strengthen.
Jimmy Glass is an Alien

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, March 13, 2012, 12:08:48 »

Similar topic, but I would imagine this article would provide some of the answers.

http://thewashbag.com/2012/03/13/missing-and-never-to-return/
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, March 13, 2012, 14:10:34 »

I don't know if this is meant which ones are we likely to get rid of or which ones are we likely to lose? I think the only one we'd be in danger of losing that we'd like to keep would be Ritchie.
kerry red

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, March 13, 2012, 14:43:11 »

I honestly can't see any of the so-called big players wanting to leave.

A team on the up, certain to invest again in the summer and the Di Canio factor - who I reckon the majority of players love playing for - all means we will be adding to rather than replacing of
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, March 13, 2012, 14:47:35 »

Esajas and Gabilondo I would expect, likely joined by Smith and Lanzano (he stayed in the end didn't he?).  I wouldn't anticipate any first teamers leaving at this juncture provided we win promotion.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, March 13, 2012, 14:50:10 »

You have to much faith kr. I reckon a reasonable championship team and double wages would say them.

And if it did then the likes of Ritchie, ferry and caddis deserve praise for staying this year when the culpable jumped ship after somehow finding new clubs stupid enough to take them on.
kerry red

« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, March 13, 2012, 14:55:58 »

I don't think it is misplaced faith - the feelgood factor of this season will count for a lot.

Ritchie just has to see what would have happened if he had joined Bornmuff for the extra wonga - getting ripped into by the owner's wife at half time!!

And would, say, a move to Burnley have much attraction? Or Hull et al
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, March 13, 2012, 14:57:10 »

Easyjet, Gabilondo,  Phil Smith, Lanzano and Magera with possibly De Vita & Kennedy, that is if they want guarenteed 1st team football, with Nathan Thompson also maybe getting fed up with getting no chances here.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, March 13, 2012, 15:07:39 »

I don't think it is misplaced faith - the feelgood factor of this season will count for a lot.

Ritchie just has to see what would have happened if he had joined Bornmuff for the extra wonga - getting ripped into by the owner's wife at half time!!

And would, say, a move to Burnley have much attraction? Or Hull et al

Yeah! Who in their right mind would we ever sell to burnley! That'd NEVER happen.
Flashheart

« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, March 13, 2012, 15:08:41 »

One of J smith/Cox & one of Cibocchi/Kennedy as they move further down the pecking order when improvements are bought in.

As for players that will want to leave, we'll just have to wait and see.
kerry red

« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, March 13, 2012, 15:13:26 »

I don't suppose Ritchie is bonking Wilson's wife, though. Austin was the typical Billy Big Bollocks

It's not about us selling to any club, it will be about if he wants to go and where he wants to to. Just saying Burnley, for example, aint the most attractive option
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, March 13, 2012, 16:40:48 »

A valid question Animal ?  But your historical preview at the start is way off the mark...can't be arsed to right the wrongs.

It's a different game these days...very few players hang around a club for more than a couple of years, so would expect the usual clear out, with the exception of the fellas who've recently signed like Foderingham, Rooney and Benson.
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, March 13, 2012, 16:46:43 »

A valid question Animal ?  But your historical preview at the start is way off the mark...can't be arsed to right the wrongs.

It's a different game these days...very few players hang around a club for more than a couple of years, so would expect the usual clear out, with the exception of the fellas who've recently signed like Foderingham, Rooney and Benson.
I agree there'll be a high turnover, but it'll be split between 'clear out' and 'players getting better offers and being sold'

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
Flashheart

« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, March 13, 2012, 16:52:07 »

Can't see there being a high turnover at all, at least not for first team players.

It's only Ferry, Ritchie and Caddis likely to receive bids.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: