Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 32   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Oldham v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 27735 times)
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #330 on: Saturday, October 30, 2021, 15:57:49 »

England twatting the Aussies in the cricket too, what a lovely Saturday afternoon.
Do I watch the cricket or listen to Garner?

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #331 on: Saturday, October 30, 2021, 15:58:48 »

Happy with that result, been watching Australia get pumped in the T20 too, all is well!

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #332 on: Saturday, October 30, 2021, 15:59:49 »

Great performance in general with some worries about our set piece defending.

Simpson seems at a loss most of the time about how to play centre forward in our formation/set-up.  However, both goals show how you play him, into feet and let him roll or run down the side of a defender.  Some terrible more instinctive finished but took both goals well (even if the first was a poor first touch I think).

Baudry did not instill me with much confidence if we play with nippier forwards.

Should have had another four goals today, so getting three and probably having enough for seven is nothing to complain about.

Despite his first half defending at times, I think Iandolo deserves MotM for his forward runs.  He caused them a real headache that they never solved.  Could have been responsible for three or four assists today.

I like East.  Him and Reed together look like they get a game by the scruff of the neck.

My little moan - Garner nearly dropped a bollock by not subbing KKH when he went down with cramp.  It may not be directly what caused the goal, but we allowed ourselves to defend a corner with 10 men for no reason.  Five mins to go, no need to risk him, so just tell him to stay down and get treatment while you get a sub on.  Also, he needed to have a word with out 10 to go.  We were not showboating, but the players started playing with a little too much cockiness, like we were in total control.

Overall, great day.  Some cracking stuff on the ball today.
pantomime dame

Ignore
« Reply #333 on: Saturday, October 30, 2021, 16:00:02 »

An away game, no crowd, no pressure and no monkey on their backs. Easy 3 1 win.
Easy shout.

Woke is the revenge of the mediocre
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #334 on: Saturday, October 30, 2021, 16:00:29 »

Wasnt pretty to watch 2nd half but every win counts, well done Simpson, scored 2 good goals and missed 2 possibly easier chances, but thats why hes here, learning his trade.

I just wish we had a good experienced striker to help him in training, even somebody like PPP who can teach him some things like timing his jumps and holding the ball up better.

Hes raw, very raw at times but hes very very young still and learning his trade, he needs guidance from a good striking coach, we should hire one even short term to get the best out of him, someone like the Chief who is out of work but still coaching after managing Cardiff Met Uni for a few years.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #335 on: Saturday, October 30, 2021, 16:01:02 »

An Iandolo assist and Simpson double.

That’s a few posters’ evenings ruined  Wink
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #336 on: Saturday, October 30, 2021, 16:01:44 »

easily Iandolo 's best game of the season for me.

he looked much more dangerous going forward/crossing
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #337 on: Saturday, October 30, 2021, 16:02:12 »

Quote from: Dr Pierre Chang
An Iandolo assist and Simpson double.

That’s a few posters’ evenings ruined  Wink

the ones that live in your head?
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #338 on: Saturday, October 30, 2021, 16:02:28 »

Do I watch the cricket or listen to Garner?

Cricket...Butter and Roy have started to smack the Aussie bowlers into the stands...

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #339 on: Saturday, October 30, 2021, 16:03:34 »

Good bounce back win & a good read from afar & frantic hitting of refresh in a pub somewhere in Muswell Hill.

The away invincibles continue the run.
It's still a free hit for Garner this season & should be another good crowd for the next home league game, but it has become a bit of a must win in terms of improving the home record.

Not sure what Simpson's contract situation with Ipswich is but must be worth a test of the depth of Clems pockets in the summer particularly if they end up back in the Championship.

Looking forward to rejoining the fray next Saturday.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #340 on: Saturday, October 30, 2021, 16:05:22 »

When we get promoted there should be a documentary about us on TV. Ted Lasso and Richmond have nothing on us.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #341 on: Saturday, October 30, 2021, 16:05:52 »

Mmm,Simpson ey?

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #342 on: Saturday, October 30, 2021, 16:07:23 »

Thought Iandolo did well today. Gladwin was good for much of the game, but tired towards the end.
Williams was excellent for 60 mins too.

Simpson was poor for 70 mins, then miscontrolled and scored one! Then, he gained confidence. Scored the disallowed one and ran the length of the Oldham half (unopposed) and coolly slotted home (which we needed then as I thought we were going to throw it away at that point).

McKirdy was all passion and could have scored 1 or 2 more.

KKH is awesome box to box, but can't defend, struggled crossing and has no composure in the opposition box. Could have had a hattrick today.

Baudry and Conroy struggled in the second half.

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #343 on: Saturday, October 30, 2021, 16:07:41 »

Iandolo did really well, his best game in ages, possibly his best game ever at wingback for Town.

Gladwin and Williams both did well, Reed made a few silly passes 2nd half but did very well again.

Our defence still looks capable of conceding with every attack but somehow we don't so they must be doing something right.

Simpson will probably win the MotM, probably rightly so as his goals win us the game but he was wasteful at times and looked disinterested for a long period but thats what you get with young kids in their first season, no consistancy.

I am sure several will vote for Simpson anyway as a protest vote against the doubters anyway as several posters do to fuck up the poll and piss people off all the time.

For me Gladwin or Williams were the best players though and McKirdy ran his socks off all game.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #344 on: Saturday, October 30, 2021, 16:08:06 »

Garner:
Cricket...Butter and Roy have started to smack the Aussie bowlers into the stands...
Doh!

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 32   Go Up
Print
Jump to: