Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Hewlett to Rovers & Playing Budget Slashed  (Read 5970 times)
Piemonte

« Reply #15 on: Saturday, April 16, 2005, 17:50:52 »

we're doomed.

doomed i tell thee
Piemonte

« Reply #16 on: Saturday, April 16, 2005, 18:11:46 »

We really could be in trouble next season.

Even if we lose our big earners (I'll assume to be Igoe, Evans & Parkin) We'll be offering league 2 wages to league 1 players (who will tell us to piss off and sign for someone else, probaly brizzle) or offering league 2 wages to league 2 standard players who would accept.

If I over simplify the situation and the wages, and assume all these players leave:

Parkin £2k p/w
Evans £2k
Igoe £2k
Smith £1k
Heywood £1k
Hewlett £1k (5k if you believe that post on thisisstfc -  I fucking dont)
Duke £1k
Howard £1k

and we have to cut the wage bill by £4k p/w, we are left with £7k p/w in wages to replace 8 first team players, which includes some of our best players. King might be good at spotting players, but he's not a miracle worker or financial magician.

At that to the transfer window kicking in and it means we're left with a smaller squad containing less quality than this season.

I think the only way we are not going to struggle next season is for king to find a couple of gems on the Parkin scale and to get a couple of quality youngsters in on season long loans.

Doom and gloom prevails.
Papa Smurf

« Reply #17 on: Saturday, April 16, 2005, 18:28:47 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
King said that the board would  accept 300K for SSP,  presumably although unstated because there was no choice.

With around a 3rd to Chelsea.....the 200K still represents a net gain of 10K for King on transfer deals over his time here....which is reasonable.

It seems so ridiculous that we'd have to give money to Chelsea, that 100k would mean absolutely nothing to them but so much to us.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Saturday, April 16, 2005, 18:42:47 »

Lets send begging letters to Abromovich he might let us off.

/
W56196272
Titch

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Saturday, April 16, 2005, 18:44:53 »

Cracking idea Yeovil!  But i would think he did not get wher he is today letting people off the odd 100 grand! Greedy wanker!

y wings are like a shield of steel!
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Saturday, April 16, 2005, 18:46:37 »

Im sure he gave all the gate from an Fa cup match at Stamford Bridge to some less fortunates earlier this year.

Cant remember who.

/
W56196272
Titch

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Saturday, April 16, 2005, 18:49:15 »

Yeah you are right! Can't remember who it is either!

Maybe we should do it, can't do any harm can it!  And as you say £100k to us is massive whereas one of those greedy over-paid pre-madonnas get that in a week!

y wings are like a shield of steel!
magnum150

« Reply #22 on: Saturday, April 16, 2005, 18:59:44 »

Quote from: "Yeovil Red"
Im sure he gave all the gate from an Fa cup match at Stamford Bridge to some less fortunates earlier this year.

Cant remember who.

Scunny.
Dazzza

« Reply #23 on: Saturday, April 16, 2005, 19:12:41 »

I wouldn't say all is lost quite yet.  

The transfer window is going to mean it goes one of two ways.  Clubs will either snap up everything with a pulse giving the players the power once again, or it will leave them chomping at the bit at an offer of a contract and likely to bite hands off.

reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Sunday, April 17, 2005, 16:29:52 »

Let's be honest.
Nobody on this forum has a clue exactly what wages people are on, so it is very difficult to say where we will stand next year.

If you belive games like Championship Manager and the like then players are rich as fcuk! and SSP wouldn't have bought himself a FLAT would he?!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Sunday, April 17, 2005, 16:34:15 »

Quote from: "reeves4england"
SSP wouldn't have bought himself a FLAT would he?!

Yeah, seems stupid buying house when you KNOW you WILL be moving within a couple of months
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #26 on: Sunday, April 17, 2005, 17:24:35 »

players are rich as fcuk. FACT
Spencer_White

« Reply #27 on: Sunday, April 17, 2005, 17:35:01 »

Heywood and Hewlett are both on big wages by our standards.

Heywoods contract was renegotiated after he said he wanted to go back up north in the summer after his 'player of the season' award.

Both are on better money than Parkin.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Monday, April 18, 2005, 17:25:20 »

Quote from: "simon pieman"
players are rich as fcuk. FACT
I don't reckon all of them are. I have no idea what our players are on, bbut last year Blackpool were paying Taylor around £600 a week and he was one of their highest earners.

Graz used to share a flat with Invincibile. They can hardly have been rolling in money!

And if they are then 4k is nothing!
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #29 on: Monday, April 18, 2005, 17:30:32 »

still not bad for kicking a football around is it?
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: