Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: weston  (Read 2652 times)
red macca

« on: Saturday, July 29, 2006, 17:37:17 »

very impressed with him on the games i have seen him in..seems to be able to sit in front of the defence and link up with the strikers.no suprise when he went out on the right last week we suffered and when he went off today the same happened..also a mention on jerel iffil looked very good again he could be massive for us this season
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, July 29, 2006, 17:38:17 »

Yes hes a good un

/
W56196272
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, July 29, 2006, 17:46:47 »

Something our midfield havent done for years is drop back and take the ball from the defence, Weston was doing this and very rarely wasting possesion....he looks like a top player.

My only worry is he's only on a years deal....
SwindonTownFC

« Reply #3 on: Saturday, July 29, 2006, 17:48:25 »

but he must love Dennis Wise for giving him his debut at Millwall and hopefully will be loyal to Wisey
red macca

« Reply #4 on: Saturday, July 29, 2006, 17:49:18 »

Quote from: "DV85"
Something our midfield havent done for years is drop back and take the ball from the defence, Weston was doing this and very rarely wasting possesion....he looks like a top player.

My only worry is he's only on a years deal....
agree on the lengh of contract ..hopefully if he carries on playing well we will review this at christmas
sonic youth

« Reply #5 on: Saturday, July 29, 2006, 19:15:30 »

the lad's looked absolutely superb so far every time i've seen him, will undoubtedly be a key player for us this year.
Amir

« Reply #6 on: Saturday, July 29, 2006, 23:51:14 »

Quote from: "SwindonTownFC"
but he must love Dennis Wise for giving him his debut at Millwall and hopefully will be loyal to Wisey

He seemed very grateful to Wise for giving him a chance to come to Swindon and work with him, so yes, you would hope this is the case.  Looks to be a great prospect, and I really wasn't expecting that much of him to be honest.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, July 30, 2006, 10:31:25 »

Sounds interesting. The current management seem to have their heads screwed on so will hopefully get him on a longer deal sooner rather than later. From what I have read, he sounds like he bit of an Alan McLoughlin type player. Would that be a fair comparison?
Piemonte

« Reply #8 on: Sunday, July 30, 2006, 12:54:12 »

looks a fantastic bit of business so far. seems to have a bit of everything about his game.

I just hope he keeps this form up and we tie him down to a 3 year deal by christmas
STFCere

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, July 30, 2006, 22:50:38 »

if lukas j is worth a 3 year then so is weston. one year is not enough for a player with obvious talent. im surprised millwall? let him go !

ing on Sabin: "He's the new Thierry Henry"

Gazza on life in China: "I'm enjoying every day. I've tried everything: duck's head, chicken's head, chicken's feet and bats and hopefully, if I keep that up, I'll be flying."

'The first 90 minutes are the most important.' - Bobby Robson
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, July 31, 2006, 10:56:09 »

Quote from: "OOH!  SHAUN TAYLOR"
Sounds interesting. The current management seem to have their heads screwed on so will hopefully get him on a longer deal sooner rather than later. From what I have read, he sounds like he bit of an Alan McLoughlin type player. Would that be a fair comparison?

No not really.....I'd say more like a Bobby Howe...although Weston has looked tidy on the ball in pre season, you don't tend to get too much tackling in these games....a stern test awaits on Saturday, can he and Pook boss a game....big ask...lets hope so.
Piemonte

« Reply #11 on: Monday, July 31, 2006, 10:58:11 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"

No not really.....I'd say more like a Bobby Howe...although Weston has looked tidy on the ball in pre season, you don't tend to get too much tackling in these games....a stern test awaits on Saturday, can he and Pook boss a game....big ask...lets hope so.

Reg, Reg, Reg. :disapprove:

Thats like saying Pat butcher is like Angelina jolie.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, July 31, 2006, 11:03:13 »

Quote from: "Piemonte"

Cur..tis Wes..ton sexy football.

I'd give PB one.....who's Angelina Jolie, some skinny bird?
STFCere

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, July 31, 2006, 11:10:21 »

:shock:  you dont know who angelina jolie is ? always got your head stuck in a book of stats and pessimist comments?

Gazza on life in China: "I'm enjoying every day. I've tried everything: duck's head, chicken's head, chicken's feet and bats and hopefully, if I keep that up, I'll be flying."

STFCere

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Monday, July 31, 2006, 11:10:35 »

:shock:  you dont know who angelina jolie is ? always got your head stuck in a book of stats and pessimistic comments?

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: