Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: BBC News: Adam Rooney: Swindon Town striker in contract row with club  (Read 31112 times)
News Monkey

« on: Thursday, May 30, 2013, 08:00:03 »

Adam Rooney: Swindon Town striker in contract row with club

Swindon Town striker Adam Rooney is embroiled in a dispute with the club over the validity of his contract.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22713965

Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, May 30, 2013, 08:29:07 »

Presumably, this means we don't want him then?

Bit of a shambles.......
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, May 30, 2013, 08:55:53 »

We're looking a bit tin pot.
DMR

« Reply #3 on: Thursday, May 30, 2013, 08:58:27 »

We're a bit tin pot.

Adjusted for you.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, May 30, 2013, 09:11:50 »

Presumably, this means we don't want him then?

Bit of a shambles.......
I suspect that we don't want him on the wages that may be proposed in the 'contract'. Presumably, the loan deal resulted in Rooney getting his 'Championship wage' whilst playing in League 1 last year. No doubt the deal for next year was an improvement - Because as we know from our current captain, footballers won't sign for less money.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, May 30, 2013, 10:07:56 »

We don't want him, he think's he has a valid contract; only 1 place this is going and that's to the courts/tribunal!

#VivaKenBarlow!
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, May 30, 2013, 10:24:01 »

There's only one reason he's so keen to drop a division and sign for a club where he was overlooked most of the previous season and it's got fuck all to do with loyalty.

Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, May 30, 2013, 11:23:17 »

If I understand correctly, the Board are trying to claim that Rooney's contract is not valid because it was agreed by the old Board......does that not mean, then, that any of the other players are free to leave if their contracts were also agreed by the old Board?

They are asking for trouble and it's not doing themselves any favours in the eyes of the fans.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, May 30, 2013, 11:26:38 »

Has the board or club actually confirmed this? Because so far its only Radio Swindon or BBC Wilts reporting tjis to be the case. As we know from the past they arent always right.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, May 30, 2013, 11:26:55 »

If I understand correctly, the Board are trying to claim that Rooney's contract is not valid because it was agreed by the old Board......does that not mean, then, that any of the other players are free to leave if their contracts were also agreed by the old Board?

They are asking for trouble and it's not doing themselves any favours in the eyes of the fans.

If we are really going to be paying him £6.5k a week in league 1, I for one are fully supportive of the club in trying to get out of this - pure financial insanity by the previous owners.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, May 30, 2013, 11:59:51 »

You support a business being dishonest and trying to rip people off?

And unless Rooney's gang is lying which I very much doubt, and he did sign a two year contract in February which was due to commence this month, and the club don't pay him his wages this month, the FA will probably put is in an embargo again, and we will then be looking even more like relegation fodder next season.

Where did I say that, please read what I said before jumping to the defence of your client.

I do not know the full ins and out of the contract (unlike your good self apparently) and would expect such a matter to be solved in the courts or via arbitration of some form.

I do however stand by the statement that a player earning £6.5k a week in league 1 is insane.

Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, May 30, 2013, 12:03:37 »

Sorry, but I think you are wrong.

I think that the board realise that Adam Rooney ain't that good and is potentially going to cost the club a fortune. I think they are right to try whatever they can to get out of it.

I think they realised with Flint that they could cash in to the max with Brizzle. They have cover for him with an experienced campaigner (Ward) a developing talent (Oakley) and an expensive signing that they can't shift yet (TAH). Now, if they could bring in another youngster, put TAH in the shop window for sale in January and prepare Oakley to take over, they will have done very well!

The DeVita, Ferry and Devera releases are because no one was interested in buying and we couldn't (or maybe wouldn't) match their current (or expected) pay. KMac obviously didn't rate either and probably thought he could get just as good, if not better replacements.

I'm pretty sure that the McCormack 'offer' is along the same lines as the Douglas one a couple of years ago. I think he wants too much money and will be off.

L Rooney and Cox may have to be loaned out with the club then only paying a percentage of theri wage - ie Saving the percentage than another club pays. Again, if they are on a huge whack, they aint going to want to leave and sign for someone else.

I think we are stuck with Roberts, Navarro, Williams, Collins & McEverley. So KMac's job will be to to build a team around them.

Bottom line is I think the boards comms have been poor as they have been focussing their attention on all sorts of shit behind the scenes. I'm not sure that they all realised the scale of some of the problems, which has contributed to some jumping ship and causing yet more problems for the rest. But I would say that the board is actually doing the right thing and tackling some of the big problems and I like the idea of KMac building a generation of footballers at the club.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #12 on: Thursday, May 30, 2013, 12:06:52 »

I'm all for getting the youngsters through, but asking the likes of Oakley to step up to the first team at the first time of asking would be incredibly unfair and may not yield the desired results.
DRS

« Reply #13 on: Thursday, May 30, 2013, 12:09:49 »

I'm all for getting the youngsters through, but asking the likes of Oakley to step up to the first team at the first time of asking would be incredibly unfair and may not yield the desired results.
I don't think that is the plan mate.fairly certain we are looking at centre halves and have TAH when he returns
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, May 30, 2013, 12:11:28 »

It worked with Thompson (N) though didn't it, just got to hope that lightning strikes more than once......
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: