Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: BBC News: Kevin MacDonald positive on Swindon Town stay  (Read 17952 times)
News Monkey

« on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 14:00:05 »

Kevin MacDonald positive on Swindon Town stay

Kevin MacDonald is positive he will remain in charge of Swindon despite reports he is only tied to a short-term deal.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22433779

Bukkake Regiment

« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 14:04:16 »

If he is only on a short contract then I think we should try and get someone else in. Kenny Jackett would be ideal but I doubt he would drop to League 1.
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 14:05:34 »

Would like another continental manager in if possible. Someone that will make the players train proper hours.
Bukkake Regiment

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 14:07:08 »

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink..
random_five

Downton, Wiltshire

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 14:08:19 »

Surely good news, if there's a chance we can get rid of him we should take it.
iffy

« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 14:10:47 »

League One isn't complicated. Our most successful managers have been those who have kept the players out of the pub and running in circles for hours.
kerry red

« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 14:19:00 »

Fair play to him for leaving a fairly secure youth job at Villa to take over our misfiring misfits on a short term deal.

All very well people wanting him out, but who could we attract with our likely poor financial position next season?

Can't say I am looking forward to a full KMac season but, hey, give him a chance to fuck up with his own team
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 14:21:33 »

Fair play to him for leaving a fairly secure youth job at Villa to take over our misfiring misfits on a short term deal.

I'm pretty sure he had already left Villa when he took over here.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 14:23:10 by Trashbat? » Logged
kerry red

« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 14:22:46 »

Did not know that.

He can fuck off, then
luckyluke699

5 league goals and counting...

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 14:22:54 »

When he was hired, weren't we told he was on a 2 1/2 year contract? I remember being very surprised we'd offer such a lengthy contract under the circumstances!!

Also, not really sure it's fair at this stage to start thinking of other managers! I won't repeat the plethora of debate that we've been over on these forums a million times, just feel we can't really judge KMac till after the first 10 games of next season.

Was nice to see him responding to the crowd at Brentford also. A bit more of that wouldn't do him any harm!! Will be interesting to see how he can do on a budget next season.

Key quote from that article: "And that's the thing with Swindon - we don't know about finances at this moment."
random_five

Downton, Wiltshire

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 14:23:17 »

All very well people wanting him out, but who could we attract with our likely poor financial position next season?

Can't say I am looking forward to a full KMac season but, hey, give him a chance to fuck up with his own team

I don't really want us to give him the chance to fuck up.
luckyluke699

5 league goals and counting...

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 14:23:39 »

Got it in one.
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 14:25:39 »

And that's the thing with Swindon - we don't know about finances at this moment

I probably imagined it… but I swear I read an article in the Adver where Jed said we already had a budget for the Championship and one for League for next season.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 14:26:54 »

Didn't realise he was on a short term contract.

Not sure that I want him to go, as I don't think he's had a fair crack of the whip.

But, he's been a bit Maurice Malpas and Paul Hart thus far.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Flashheart

« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 14:29:05 »

Key quote from that article: "And that's the thing with Swindon - we don't know about finances at this moment."

I suspect this is why we've not had the answers to those questions yet..... they don't know the answers themselves yet.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: