Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Di Canio upset by Town statement  (Read 16632 times)
wobby

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 20:21:48 »

FFS. PDC walked out. He didnt have to, but chose to. Regardless of the circumstances and what happen with Ritchie and whether or not STFC did or didn't contact him or his 'representatives' he didn't have to do it, when he did. So The STFC statement this afternoon is entirely accurate. Why the fuck anyone would want him back now is beyond me. Roll on Saturday.
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 20:22:31 »

Fuck off Paolo.

Were upset how you fucked off and left us in the shit.

+1

That annoys me.

+1

#VivaKenBarlow!
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 20:23:22 »

Paolo's not going quietly shocker. Sadly was always going to be thus

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
thepeoplesgame

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 20:23:55 »

FFS. PDC walked out. He didnt have to, but chose to. Regardless of the circumstances and what happen with Ritchie and whether or not STFC did or didn't contact him or his 'representatives' he didn't have to do it, when he did. So The STFC statement this afternoon is entirely accurate. Why the fuck anyone would want him back now is beyond me. Roll on Saturday.

Because he is good at his job.
manc_red

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 20:25:15 »

I feel an updated edition of 'Paolo Di Canio: The Autobiography' coming on.

And, funnily enough, this chapter has ended exactly the same as all the others did  Hmmm

I do wish Patey would have kept his fucking mouth shut though.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 20:26:10 »

I hope there is a response on the advertiser website which comes from Patey and just says 'whatever'
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 20:27:58 »

Paolo was great, but he's gone now and that's that.

I hope the Adver aren't going to give Paolo a mouthpiece for him to throw mud at the club whenever he fancies, it's not going to achieve anything, it'll just make it more difficult for everyone to move on.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 20:28:08 »

Why the fuck anyone would want him back now is beyond me.

I would, I want the best chance of getting to the Champonship.
nigel grays a postie

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 20:28:25 »

Paolo - why did you set a 5pm deadline in the first place? That's why a previously besotted fan base have begun to question your motives and true feelings towards the Club. And by the Club I don't mean the temporary owner who got bored with financing an expensive assault on The Championship that as a non football fan he wasn't that arsed about reaching anyway. Or his hired hand the least diplomatic diplomat ever who clearly rubbed you up the wrong way.

Shame what has been a hugely enjoyable 18 months has to end like this.

Let's just hope all this non stop sniping at each other bollocks doesn't derail things on the pitch.

Losing Ritchie was bad enough but if the likes of Ferry, Sir Wes, McCormack, Williams and Collins get fed up with it all and sod off too then all that hard work you and your team put in is then completely wasted.

Rogers, Mayes, Shearer, Fjortoft, Cox, Austin, Ritchie. Seen em all flogged off on the cheap
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 20:29:13 »

Meh, I don't know what to say

IF Di Canio's version is indeed completely accurate, someone has royally fucked up.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 20:30:37 »

Meh, I don't know what to say

IF Di Canio's version is indeed completely accurate, someone has royally fucked up.

Or engineered his exit.

And yes BR, equally PDC could have engineered his own exit.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 20:31:33 »

It seems likely that the deadline was consciously allowed to pass, presumably for financial reasons.  If we couldn't afford to keep him then that's good enough for me - no point running the club into the ground for one man.

But what were they supposed to do, the deadline imposed by Paolo had passed, delayed by circumstance beyond their control, so they go back to PdC essentially begging on the off chance he extends, more I think this was all an ego massage for him, perhaps he wanted to play the big saviour I have no idea, but bridges were burnt and its time to move on.

Legends do not leave like this....
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 20:31:37 »

Yeah, Di Canio fucked up by putting a deadline on something that was out of everyone's hands.
Bukkake Regiment

« Reply #28 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 20:34:28 »

Seems they called Paolo's bluff. I don't think he actually wanted to resign.. It was just to speed up the process and get some answers. I believe Paolo over Jed anyway. Paolo's an honourable man, Jed is, well, an illiterate David Brentesque small time businessman who wears shit shirts and doesn't wear a tie. Roaaaar.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 20:38:14 »

Fuck off Paolo.

Were upset how you fucked off and left us in the shit.
I'm not sure that he did.

I don't think he wanted to go. I think that he has made it obvious that he hasn't been able to work with Patey. I think that he has made it obvious that he was disappointed that Black had changed his plans. I think that his statement about considering his future said that his position was 'becoming' untenable. Not that it 'was' untenable'. I think that his resignation was meant to say that he couldn't work with Patey and the old board anymore. Jed's Twitter messages showed surprise that PDC had gone. The fact that he, and his team carried on through the Tranmere game shows there was/is some loyalty. The fact that two players have been put in temporarily seems to leave the door open for him and the team to come back.

The only thing that to me suggested strongly that PDC wasn't coming back was the comment from Digby in the Adver article - “It’s a difficult one. For all of what Paolo’s about, and he brought a lot of passion to the club, there were a lot of things from a football point of view I didn’t like, a lot of antics I didn’t like."

I'm finding this morbidly curious!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: