Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Out-of-options Di Canio fears relegation  (Read 22178 times)
News Monkey

« on: Wednesday, October 24, 2012, 05:00:09 »

Out-of-options Di Canio fears relegation

PAOLO Di Canio hit out once again at Swindon Town’s failure to lift the transfer embargo hanging over the club after his side slipped to a 2-1 defeat at Crewe last night.

http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/news/headlines/10002591.Out_of_options_Di_Canio_fears_relegation/?ref=rss

tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2012, 05:12:24 »

Sorry, but shut up.
dogs

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2012, 05:36:09 »

yawn
Nick Bamosomi
Bitter & Twisted

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2012, 05:54:28 »

Change the record, Paolo.

Never , under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same  night
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2012, 06:17:45 »

Jeez. Someone stick a muzzle on him!
phelpsieboy

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2012, 07:03:35 »

He moans that they are over worked and tired yet rarely ever gives them a day off. Hmmm.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2012, 07:08:04 »

WTF is this supposed to mean?

“We spent a lot of energy without scoring. I’m not worried because if the club doesn’t care we have to save the season."
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2012, 07:19:11 »

All of the strikers at the club, with the exception of Storey, were bought by you, Mr Di Canio.

If you were able to buy another one tomorrow, would it be the right one? The one who can score regularly?

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2012, 07:22:44 »

Maybe he reads the thisis section?
Flashheart

« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2012, 07:27:25 »

He's being a tit if he's blaming the board for the embargo. But where did he say anything about relegation?
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2012, 07:53:32 »

He is boring me now. As said above, he signed all the forwards at the club, if they are not scoring goals he should have signed someone else! He also says he needs a creative midfielder, BOSTOCK?!?!

My growing problem the PDC is that he seems to need the best players in the division to win the division. Sure that makes it a hell of a lot easier but i'd like our manager to improve our players, to make the sum of all parts better than the individuals. He's got a squad most other managers in this division have said they are envious of!

We're seventh, its not a bad start to the season. We should be higher given the points dropped at home this season.

I'm in the camp thats not bothered where his future is anymore. Swindon is bigger than PDC and his rants are repetitive and tedious.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2012, 08:00:20 »

Your squad, Paolo.  Your players.  You have been backed by the Board to an extent that has not been seen at this club in decades.  (Infact, you could argue that the generous backing is what has caused the embargo in the first place.)

The scattergun approach (sign 3 players and hope that one works out) has to stop.  Yes, we have injuries.  But injuries happen at every football club.  They are part of the game, sadly, and they are the main reason we have a squad system.  At the start of this season - as we were all rubbing our eyes in disbelief at the depth of the squad that you had been able to assemble, with cover in every position - there were e-mails flying around showing 2 separate, credible starting line ups that we could field from that squad.  It's time to use the squad now.

The embargo argument is a red herring.  I believe that you are a good manager.  But you will only realise your potential if you start accepting that you bear some of the responsibility when the squad that you put together and the starting XI that you picked do not deliver.  Talk of having to 'save the season' two months before Christmas, and while we are 7th in the table, is frankly pathetic.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, October 24, 2012, 08:02:00 by Ardiles » Logged
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2012, 08:03:06 »

If Palace or Ipswich were to come in I wonder how much compo we'd get?  He must have 2 years left on his contract.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2012, 08:04:49 »

Way too early for that.  This season will still come good.  But Paolo needs a reality check.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2012, 08:06:52 »

He's being a tit if he's blaming the board for the embargo. But where did he say anything about relegation?
Quote from: DiCanio
Okay, I can rest them. I play Louis Thompson if we want to launch four or five of the youngest who are not ready, not like Crewe. But we have to expect that we can get relegated.

“If that is their mission then we have to know. "
I included the surrounding bits so you could see the context such as it is. It's just hack amateur psych games with the board and not very convincing at that. It might work with a squad of (comparatively) young inexperienced footballers, I don't see it working on Patey.

It's also not terribly encouraging to the younger players he brought in to know that actually they're not being included on merit, just as part of a crap psych-out to get an even bigger budget. He was bemoaning last night that Crewe have first-team ready players coming through from the Academy whereas we don't. Well, maybe they encourage and nurture theirs a bit better than this?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: