Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Danny Wilson  (Read 18627 times)
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #120 on: Saturday, May 28, 2011, 19:35:25 »

As a few have said i don't doubt they spent money and i don't doubt they would of spent more.The problem imo was reluctance to spend good money on a experienced centre half.

You could well be right.

I still suspect the money was made available, but that's just a guess.

Still, people have been talking mainly about no money for strikers which we know not to be true. And I remember Wilson saying the problem with the defence was that the strikers weren't up to the job.

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Saturday, May 28, 2011, 20:33:16 »

loads of things went wrong.bad sales,buys and those still here playing shit.
board,managers and players all to blame for the dismal season.
hopefully it will be soon forgotten after a title winning season next(touches wood)
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #122 on: Saturday, May 28, 2011, 20:46:17 »

I agree absolutely arriba.

Just for the record, It might seem as though I am trying to absolve the board of all responsibility but that is not the case. Fitton clearly made some huge errors that cost us, that much is undeniable and I am pleased we have a new chairman with a fresh approach that is more adventurous.

It just find it baffling that some people deny the investment that has been made.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #123 on: Saturday, May 28, 2011, 22:32:52 »

I think the issue may lie elsewhere. We brought in Ken Ryder to be our super scout. Fitton stated we'd have scouted 5 players for each position. Now, did we have 5 targets for each position? If so, then did we get any of them because Benyon appears to have not been in our top 5. Also ,who actually did the purchasing - was it Fitton or Wilson? Regardless, more money was made avaialble to Wilson than any manager since the Scouse bastard and we pissed this money down the shitter buying either absolute fucking dross or players who were unable to immediately help our cause. 
Talk Talk

« Reply #124 on: Sunday, May 29, 2011, 01:12:25 »

loads of things went wrong.bad sales,buys and those still here playing shit.
board,managers and players all to blame for the dismal season.
hopefully it will be soon forgotten after a title winning season next(touches wood)

Arriba in continued perceptive post groove.

I think he has a special knife that cuts through the fug and bollocks.

[url width=360 height=360]http://www.hollywoodtoysandcostumes.com/storeimages/15dg14774.jpg[/url]
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Sunday, May 29, 2011, 18:44:07 »

fitton knows he fucked up and stepped aside.wilson won't say shit as he got a golden handshake.
both made errors of judgment which in hindsight they shouldn't have.
old news,we move on.
I did hear a slightly different take on Fitton recently, which had come from within the club. Fitton apparently wanted to sack Wilson after the Crawley game, but was over ruled by the rest of the Board who wanted to give him longer. When he was sacked, Fitton didn't want Harte, he wanted a long term manager - again he was over ruled. He then resigned, because he felt had his choices been backed, we might not have been relegated.

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Sunday, May 29, 2011, 18:47:36 »

I did hear a slightly different take on Fitton recently, which had come from within the club. Fitton apparently wanted to sack Wilson after the Crawley game, but was over ruled by the rest of the Board who wanted to give him longer. When he was sacked, Fitton didn't want Harte, he wanted a long term manager - again he was over ruled. He then resigned, because he felt had his choices been backed, we might not have been relegated.

i know he wanted trollope in.the rest you could be right about but i'm not convinced personally.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Sunday, May 29, 2011, 18:50:26 »

I must admit that Paul Hart strikes me as a Fittonesque appointment.
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Sunday, May 29, 2011, 20:30:33 »

If fitton was still chairman we would have ended up with that cunt trollope

« Reply #129 on: Sunday, May 29, 2011, 20:49:09 »

If fitton was still chairman we would have ended up with that cunt trollope
the last two words shouldn't really be said in the same sentence
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Sunday, May 29, 2011, 20:49:40 »

Smiley

« Reply #131 on: Sunday, May 29, 2011, 21:07:27 »

I still think Trollope would not have been a bad appointment.

Still delighted with Di Canio though. Just want the season to get started NOW!
deltaincline

« Reply #132 on: Sunday, May 29, 2011, 21:58:35 »

Spot on with the first bit; Fitton wanted Wilson out just after Christmas. He was the lone voice. Rest of the board thought Wilson would turn things around and effectively over ruled him due to numbers.

Not a clue about the Hart appointment, but Fitton had Trollope lined up for definate.
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Sunday, May 29, 2011, 23:32:46 »

The biggest failing this season was selling Greer and replacing him with a young player who couldn't get in our team last season. We we're so naive to think that we could do this and get away with it.

For the first half of the season we scored enough goals to be in the mix at the top end of the table. But our defending was shit and we we're hovering just above the relegation zone. Come January we sold our only goalscorer, coupled with our shit defence we went down.

Sussex

« Reply #134 on: Monday, May 30, 2011, 08:40:34 »

Not a clue about the Hart appointment, but Fitton had Trollope lined up for definate.

Every cloud..
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: