Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New York  (Read 7608 times)
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Friday, August 21, 2009, 09:00:58 »

cheers for the info Rich.

do you know what the procedure is for entering the USA?

Do we just fill out a form on the plane?

Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #46 on: Friday, August 21, 2009, 09:14:54 »

Make sure you're eligible for the Visa waiver program, otherwise you will have to go to the US Embassy in London.
CliffP

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Friday, August 21, 2009, 09:27:18 »

They are changing system for entry into the US to a new system called Esta - Electronic System For Travel Authorisation which is essentially an online version of the old green Visa Waiver form that you fill in on the plane. Go to https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov to register , they recommend registering at least 72 hours before you travel.

When I went to Florida in June this year they were still using the green Visa Waiver forms on the plane along with the white customs form as well as asking you to register on the Esta site.

If you are travelling with Virgin you'll get an email before you go to remind you to register ( which was handy!)
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Friday, August 21, 2009, 09:31:44 »

cheers for the info guys.

will register with that site and get it sorted

@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Friday, August 21, 2009, 14:02:22 »

Im going to Tampa with the kids at Christmas

Didn't they try and prosecute Michael Jackson for doing that kind of thing?
Foggy

Ketchup wanker

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Friday, August 21, 2009, 14:40:17 »

Michael Barrymore

Sad to say, i must be on my way
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Friday, August 21, 2009, 17:54:27 »

They are changing system for entry into the US to a new system called Esta - Electronic System For Travel Authorisation which is essentially an online version of the old green Visa Waiver form that you fill in on the plane. Go to https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov to register , they recommend registering at least 72 hours before you travel.

When I went to Florida in June this year they were still using the green Visa Waiver forms on the plane along with the white customs form as well as asking you to register on the Esta site.

If you are travelling with Virgin you'll get an email before you go to remind you to register ( which was handy!)

Basically, as said above, just click on the ESTA site and fill in the form. There have been rumours about some sites trying to charge, but the genuine ESTA site does not apply a charge (at least for the time being anyway). I think you still have to fill out the Green Card on the plane to hand into Border Patrol at the airport, as the ESTA process looks to see if you have any criminal convictions in the USA etc. Worth printing out the authorisation paperwork, just in case.

I've just filled mine in earlier in the week for my trip mid September, took 5 minutes or so for 2 pax. I did it despite having an A2 Visa anyway - better safe than sorry as I'm going for 'pleasure' rather than business on this occasion.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Monday, January 4, 2010, 18:49:19 »

To save starting a new thread...

I want to take the wife to NYC in August of this year. Is it worth booking as soon as possible, or is it worth waiting? Do I book the plane/hotel separately? Any recommendations on who to book with? Ideally like to pay in installments.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Monday, January 4, 2010, 18:52:59 »

My friend who went recently booked them separately and saved himself a hell of a lot of money.

You can get some VERY cheap flights if you know where to look.  Just allow plenty of time to scour the net.

Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Monday, January 4, 2010, 18:57:44 »

Thing is where to look. Not sure what is cheap. Its a shame I only get half-terms off, and looking to go in the summer hols.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Monday, January 4, 2010, 19:01:33 »

I want to take the wife to NYC in August of this year. Is it worth booking as soon as possible, or is it worth waiting? Do I book the plane/hotel separately? Any recommendations on who to book with? Ideally like to pay in installments.

Make an effort and go into all the travel agents one day...tell them what YOU want(not what they offer)and make it clear to them all that the best deal for you will get the nod...if you book this month they will let you pay in installments up to 6 weeks before you go then they will want the balance...an extra couple of hours effort checking them all out will save you big money.
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Monday, January 4, 2010, 19:13:19 »

I wanna go to new york again Sad

It was AWESOME. So crazy.

Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Monday, January 4, 2010, 19:22:04 »

nyc is amazing. www.ebookers.com i book all my flights from here
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Monday, January 4, 2010, 19:23:39 »

Definately seperately, also if you dont mind an extra hours flying, check out Air France and Lufthansa, they are often considerably cheaper than direct from the uk.
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Monday, January 4, 2010, 19:28:45 »

Brooklyn is the nuts. Best night out of my life most probably. Amazing pizza, friendly people who love the english, strippers, getting a russian girl so drunk she couldn't walk, getting my underage mate in everwhere and him pulling, cooking an egg bap for a fit scouse bird at 3am then copping off with her, and waking up on my birthday with a stinking hangover and not a clue where our hostel was.

Shouldn't pay more than £225 for a flight, STA Travel are doing them for that at the moment, available to everyone not just students. There might be better out there though
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: