Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New York  (Read 7604 times)
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Monday, August 17, 2009, 21:33:12 »

can someone take me please?
Doore

« Reply #31 on: Monday, August 17, 2009, 21:34:20 »

can someone take me please?

I'd be careful making requests like that on a public forum.
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Monday, August 17, 2009, 21:41:34 »

With all due respect, New York to me would be close to a nightmare on earth.

I'd much rather fly into SanFran, drive up the pacific coast to Seattle, do Yosemite, Yellowstone, Grand Tetons, drive down through Wyoming and Colorado and down through Utah and Arizona through Monument Valley to the Grand Canyon. Fuck Vegas. Spend a few days chilling in San Diego.

East coast wise, Boston, Maine, New Hampshire, dodge NY and DC, head down the Carolina coastline, through Wilmington and into Savannah. End there as then Florida starts.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Monday, August 17, 2009, 21:43:44 »

I'm in Tampa for 2 weeks in Oct, that will do for the time being!  Hoping to spend more time in the States next year!

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday, August 18, 2009, 10:11:16 »

With all due respect, New York to me would be close to a nightmare on earth.

I'd much rather fly into SanFran, drive up the pacific coast to Seattle, do Yosemite, Yellowstone, Grand Tetons, drive down through Wyoming and Colorado and down through Utah and Arizona through Monument Valley to the Grand Canyon. Fuck Vegas. Spend a few days chilling in San Diego.

East coast wise, Boston, Maine, New Hampshire, dodge NY and DC, head down the Carolina coastline, through Wilmington and into Savannah. End there as then Florida starts.
I concur

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday, August 18, 2009, 10:23:31 »

Each to their own, I love the place, and Florida for that matter.  I've equally had a good holiday in some lovely picturesque small towns for very different reasons.  NY is clearly a place to go for people who like the hustle and bustle, and as I don't want to spend my holiday speaking to lots of people I don't know, then it suits me!!
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday, August 18, 2009, 10:31:32 »

having never been to America i think for me NY is a good place to start.

to do any serious form of travelling like you mention i'll have to wait until the kids are older and have moved out i think

Foggy

Ketchup wanker

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday, August 18, 2009, 10:51:58 »

Im going to Tampa with the kids at Christmas

Sad to say, i must be on my way
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday, August 18, 2009, 11:04:05 »

You might like to rethink that statement Fogster.

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday, August 18, 2009, 11:58:39 »

I'm disappointed in you Nev, you can normally sniff out a well intended pun a force nine gale!
derbystfc

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday, August 18, 2009, 12:03:02 »

Got quite a good deal for hotels when I am going over xmas.  £600 for 7 nights, used the following link

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/6c/1/en/friendsandfamily?key=BoRoNbBOeZFWSQKT%252FuJHisHr6K8uQC1TJUZXs%252B9PPjo%253D&cm_mmc=DCE-_-FF-_-20090304-_-EM161920

Make sure it says "friends" on the rate preference.

Cheers for the hint!!
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #41 on: Tuesday, August 18, 2009, 12:06:51 »

Fnar!
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Tuesday, August 18, 2009, 15:15:25 »

I'm disappointed in you Nev, you can normally sniff out a well intended pun a force nine gale!

Yes, bit below par today. Bravo! Fogster.

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Friday, August 21, 2009, 08:41:01 »

what are the laws now adays in getting into the states?

My sisters boyfriend is harping on about visas blah blah blah. i thought it was some form of green card you fill out on the plane

richt1976

« Reply #44 on: Friday, August 21, 2009, 08:59:00 »

Magic

I went to NY about 3 years ago, its fab! If you walk instead of using the subway over short distances you get to see  whole lot more of the city.

The one place I would suggest you have to go to is the Rockafeller building. There is a viewing platform on the roof, which gives you fantastic views of both Central park and the Empire State. I managed to get a picture of the Empire blown up on to a canvas, which now adorns my living room wall! Best time to go is first thing in the morning as there is no-one there at that time.

If you get chance to go on a boat trip round the harbour then this gives you some really good views as well.

There is a small coffee shop to the side of St patricks cathedral, think its probably part of a chain, but they do the best coffee I have ever tasted!!

Give me a shout if you want any more ideas, have a whole host running through my head!!!  Smiley
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: