Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bill Power court case  (Read 47030 times)
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #195 on: Saturday, April 18, 2009, 22:55:56 »

The Holding Company doesn't own anything in STFC, it used to hold the majority stake in the Club until Fitton's consortium bought the shares
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Saturday, April 18, 2009, 22:58:46 »

I won't hear a bad word said against Dell!

He's my new best friend!

Back away ya bastards!

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Spencer_White

« Reply #197 on: Sunday, April 19, 2009, 12:47:27 »

Fittons always said he wants to run the club to make a profit. And I think he realises now, after a year of hard knocks, that this probably will never happen. The Power pay out will set this plan back even more. People say Fitton is a 'hard nosed businessman' but I look at him and I dont believe it. He's a dreamer, and hes probably made money because he's idealistic and generally a great person to do business with. He's not ruthless, he sticks by his staff.

I think Power will win back his money, and then we will find out if Fitton is prepared to pursue his old toff mates over at the Will's? I doubt it. If he isnt prepared to take them to court (as he seems reluctant to do) then he wont take a penny back off them.

I can see trouble ahead.

As for Power, its just a crying shame that Diamandis wouldnt reliquish the club until it was on life support. To be honest, Fitton's football credentials are a bit dodgy, whereas Bill Power was a football man. If Power had been able to take over the club then Wise would have stayed (in my opinion). Wise going to QPR now just reaffirms the connections between the two.

Yeovil, as for satan himself taking over. I could see the devil horns in that Jose Veiga fellow. But if it had meant the club surviving then so be it. But we would probably have had to kick out 'BEST' by now as well.
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Sunday, April 19, 2009, 13:59:42 »

This is how it works as I understand it - if the judgement goes for Bill and Phil, then the club needs to pay them whatever the court finds in terms of damages and costs. There may obviously be some scope for Bill and Phil to ease the terms of that - ie perhaps asking for payment spread over a number of years instead of a lump sum up front. The club in turn then recover whatever costs they incur by invoking the Wills' indemnity so that ultimately it is the people who incurred this action (and consistently refused to settle it) who pay the costs. So no we absolutely should not cut our losses. The people who's fault it is should pay. I hope the Wills have a similar indemnity clause with Diamandis to indemnify them against the hugely damaging and expensive results of his "advice", which he seems to have done rather nicely out of.

I'm sure AF would also have realised that Diamandis had/ has a history of taking comapnioes into admin & liquidation so would have seen the holding company going that way as a typical Diamandis ploy. I can't believe he would not have foreseenn that & ensured the indemnity was safer than that.

From the Dark Side
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Monday, April 20, 2009, 20:45:44 »

Yeovil, as for satan himself taking over. I could see the devil horns in that Jose Veiga fellow. But if it had meant the club surviving then so be it. But we would probably have had to kick out 'BEST' by now as well.

If Diamandis had tried to take over hell I would make at least a favourable reference to the devil in the TEF.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Tuesday, April 21, 2009, 00:45:41 »

If Diamandis had tried to take over hell I would make at least a favourable reference to the devil in the TEF.
If he succeeded, would the Church have to change Revelations to refer to lost souls being condemned to "eternal administration"?
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Tuesday, April 21, 2009, 12:32:44 »

Fittons always said he wants to run the club to make a profit. And I think he realises now, after a year of hard knocks, that this probably will never happen. The Power pay out will set this plan back even more. People say Fitton is a 'hard nosed businessman' but I look at him and I dont believe it. He's a dreamer, and hes probably made money because he's idealistic and generally a great person to do business with. He's not ruthless, he sticks by his staff.

I think Power will win back his money, and then we will find out if Fitton is prepared to pursue his old toff mates over at the Will's? I doubt it. If he isnt prepared to take them to court (as he seems reluctant to do) then he wont take a penny back off them.

I can see trouble ahead.

As for Power, its just a crying shame that Diamandis wouldnt reliquish the club until it was on life support. To be honest, Fitton's football credentials are a bit dodgy, whereas Bill Power was a football man. If Power had been able to take over the club then Wise would have stayed (in my opinion). Wise going to QPR now just reaffirms the connections between the two.

I dont understand why Fitton wouldnt go after the wills for the £1m.

If power wins, Fitton has a piece of paper that says "i owe u £1m" signed by the Wills family. Its not up for debate, it would be a fact.  one way or another, assuming that the wills still own land and assets Fitton would get that £1m.

It makes no sense that he wouldnt, as he is not mates with the wills to my knowledge
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Tuesday, April 21, 2009, 14:33:14 »

Remember where this story first surfaced...in the adver.....now do they have a good history of getting things correct ?

I suspect this is a mountain out of a molehill but time will tell
Spencer_White

« Reply #203 on: Tuesday, April 21, 2009, 14:40:36 »

we assume he has that bit of paper. Is it taken out to SSW personally?

Even if Fitton has that piece of paper that saying that SSW owes him £1m then Fitton will still have to take him to court because SSW is advised by Mick the Greek.

So does he want to go to court? Said the other day he said he didnt.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, April 21, 2009, 14:54:12 by Spencer_White » Logged
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Tuesday, April 21, 2009, 15:19:53 »

Even if Fitton has that piece of paper that saying that SSW owes him £1m then Fitton will still have to take him to court because SSW is advised by Mick the Greek.

I thought he said that he didn't want to incur yet more legal fees. On the basis that he'd be chasing £1.12m (plus costs probably), and that assuming he'd win on the basis of proper due diligence having been done (and thus get his costs for that back as well), why on earth wouldn't he go through the Courts ?

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Tuesday, April 21, 2009, 15:20:14 »

He probably dosnt want to go to court. I bet he wants £1m more than he dosnt want to go to court though.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Tuesday, April 21, 2009, 15:27:40 »

Hiring some 'heavies' would be a lot cheaper (and probably a lot more effective) than going to court. Not that I condone that sort of action ofcourse.
genf_stfc

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Tuesday, April 21, 2009, 16:21:32 »

on the other hand if fitton did haveto take wills to court, and the piece of paper is cast iron, the judge could could well add all the costs on top of the 1million for wasting the courts time i suppose
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Tuesday, April 21, 2009, 17:03:50 »

on the other hand if fitton did haveto take wills to court, and the piece of paper is cast iron, the judge could could well add all the costs on top of the 1million for wasting the courts time i suppose
Yes, that's a common occurrence to have an order to pay the other side's costs as well as your own. Not so much for wasting the court's time, more in cases where one side clearly shouldn't have to occur the expense, because either they've been the victim of a ridiculous lawsuit that should never have been brought, or because they've ended up having to sue over something that should have been settled without recourse to law
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Tuesday, April 21, 2009, 18:05:28 »

If power wins, Fitton has a piece of paper that says "i owe u £1m" signed by the Wills family.

Pieces of paper with signatures on them don't always guarantee to do what they say they will...just ask Neville Chamberlain.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: