Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bill Power court case  (Read 47026 times)
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Friday, April 17, 2009, 09:53:43 »

I can't see Fitton and co walking away, but even if they did the club is in a far better state than it was before.

I'm confused as to why the club (which is now owned by a new company) is responsible for this and why the company that was responsible (which owned the club at the time) was allowed to exit administration (and probably be wound up) when this was ongoing.

It would be good if the Adver could actually do some journalism and print an accurate account of events, no chances of that ever happening though.
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Friday, April 17, 2009, 09:56:00 »

You've gotta love this forum......its officially better than EastEnders for drama.....carry on chaps.....
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #107 on: Friday, April 17, 2009, 09:56:25 »

Gazket!! hahahahahahaha Brilliant.
ahounsell

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Friday, April 17, 2009, 09:57:02 »

I dont think it`s as dramatic as Fitton and Co walking out, but the content is troubling nonetheless.

The possibility of the case going against the club has been there since day one, so its not anything new. It seems to me that Fitton is becoming frustrated with a number of things (on pitch and off) and this is some of that frustration coming out.

2 points though.

- If the club loses the case they will owe Bill Power and Phil Emmell £1 million, but it doesnt necessarily mean that money will be demanded immediately. Bill and Phil may be prepared to take payment over a period of years. Im not talking from any inside knowledge here, just pointing out that the money wont neccessarily be required at once.

- An indemnity is not the same as a cheque for £1 million. If the people who gave you the indemnity dont pay up voluntarily you have to chase them through the courts, running up further legal costs in the process. A secnario, I suspect is beginning to dawn on Mr Fitton.

pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Friday, April 17, 2009, 10:01:46 »

I dont think it`s as dramatic as Fitton and Co walking out, but the content is troubling nonetheless.

The possibility of the case going against the club has been there since day one, so its not anything new. It seems to me that Fitton is becoming frustrated with a number of things (on pitch and off) and this is some of that frustration coming out.

2 points though.

- If the club loses the case they will owe Bill Power and Phil Emmell £1 million, but it doesnt necessarily mean that money will be demanded immediately. Bill and Phil may be prepared to take payment over a period of years. Im not talking from any inside knowledge here, just pointing out that the money wont neccessarily be required at once.

- An indemnity is not the same as a cheque for £1 million. If the people who gave you the indemnity dont pay up voluntarily you have to chase them through the courts, running up further legal costs in the process. A secnario, I suspect is beginning to dawn on Mr Fitton.

Exactly. Its point 2, that in all seriousness, concerns me the most as it equates to more unplanned and unecessary expense to the detriment of the club as a whole.
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Friday, April 17, 2009, 10:10:22 »

I put it all down to one person. The one who didn't even have the courage of his convictions to turn up in court.
Of course Wills is culpable as well, having appoitted the person responsible to run the club.
Wonder how James is recieved in the boardroom these days. (if he is ever there & not at Arsenal)

From the Dark Side
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Friday, April 17, 2009, 10:15:30 »

Not good.  Dr Rock should stay off the sauce at least until midday.

Unusually there is one entry on the adver comments listing worth reading, it's from a Mr F Ben

pewshamrobin

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Friday, April 17, 2009, 10:26:10 »

Seaton Willis, his daughter & grandchildren were in the exec lounge vs Orient so he can't be persona non grata with the current board?  Perhaps next time he turns up we can shake a collecting tin for the legal fees in the court case !

ewsham Robin
Dozno9

« Reply #113 on: Friday, April 17, 2009, 10:34:22 »

I think we know where Simon Cox's money is going.
Rustle
Prediction League Champion 2012/13

TEF World Cup Stunners Champion 2010

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Friday, April 17, 2009, 11:20:45 »

Im sure the adver do this to whip the fans into a frenzy on the comments section,which seems to be working judging by some idiotic comment's being made.

Im so worried about this i've just renewed my ST. 

talking of season tickets we've sold just over 800 so far.
flammableBen

« Reply #115 on: Friday, April 17, 2009, 11:50:52 »

I'm sure I've read it somewhere today but I'm being a bit blind. When's the judgement?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Friday, April 17, 2009, 11:59:31 »

I'm sure I've read it somewhere today but I'm being a bit blind. When's the judgement?

I don't know of a fixed date for it. "After Easter" was all I heard.
flammableBen

« Reply #117 on: Friday, April 17, 2009, 12:01:32 »

ahh. I thought I had read one. Was probably the "after easter" thing.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Friday, April 17, 2009, 12:05:57 »

Or I may have missed it.
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Friday, April 17, 2009, 12:31:13 »

Seaton Willis, his daughter & grandchildren were in the exec lounge vs Orient so he can't be persona non grata with the current board?  Perhaps next time he turns up we can shake a collecting tin for the legal fees in the court case !
Was James (nasty & Dim) there tho'.

From the Dark Side
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: