Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 47   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: English Swingers Clubs  (Read 76917 times)
Spy

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: Monday, July 19, 2010, 09:15:32 »

I think that the EDL is an expression of the sense of unease which quite a lot of people feel about the rise in the number of muslims in this country and the fact that as a communitythey are not really integrating with the white majority as much as other groups as much other immigrants in the past have.

This is for two main reasons.

Firstly, due to terrorism from islamic extremists (even tho there's only been one big incident in this country and that was 5 years ago) and the fact the UK armed forces have been deployed in 2 muslim countrys in Iraq and Afghanistan this has made things a bit awkward between muslim immigrants and many non-muslims. It means they don't feel welcome and a lot of people might not like or trust them.

Secondly they have a very different morality/way of life to the majority of people in this country.This country has been getting increasingly liberal and secular for years. We still have churchs and christians but people are used to them anyway. Suddenly you have more muslims with their much stricter morality around and they might be judgemental of our way life (people having random sex, people drinking or doing drugs, people gambling, women wearing revealing clothes).

For the above two reasons they aren't integrating in the same way that for example black immigrants did when they came over in big numbers. This creates an us and them mentality in a lot of people. I'm not saying everything went smoothly with black immigrants integrating but as they didn't have a really strict distinct religion/morality that made things easier.

There are several possible responses to this sense of unease/lack of integration...

1) Limit the number of immigrants. This is already happening but a lot of people would like more restriction on levels of immigration. We can debate whether this is a good idea or what the level of restriction should be.

2) Encourage greater communication/trust between communities which will lead to more integration. I would argue that what the EDL is doing is not encouraging this it is actually doing the opposite.

3) Realise they (muslims) have their own community and way of life etc. and that everyone has the right to their own beliefs so long as they are not impacting others badly. Is this what the EDL stand for or are they more about expressing unease about muslim immigration in an angry/hateful way which actually exaggerates the us and them mentality and they lack of integration and communication between communities?

Something imo you can't reasonably do is say white people from Europe or USA or Austrailia are allowed to come here but muslims aren't. You can't ask someone if they're a muslim when they apply to come to the country then refuse them entry if they say yes or see that they've got an asian name or that they're coming from a largely muslim country.

You also can't force people to act like non-muslims when they get here and you can't force them to be friends with non-muslims or stop them living in the same area so that there are areas where there are a lot of muslims. Once they're here you can't reasonably say they're not allowed to do any things that muslims do so they can't build mosques or go to mosques or that women aren't allowed to cover their heads.
« Last Edit: Monday, July 19, 2010, 09:21:32 by Spy » Logged
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: Monday, July 19, 2010, 09:33:50 »

There are several possible responses to this sense of unease/lack of integration...

1) Limit the number of immigrants. This is already happening but a lot of people would like more restriction on levels of immigration. We can debate whether this is a good idea or what the level of restriction should be.

Something imo you can't reasonably do is say white people from Europe or USA or Austrailia are allowed to come here but muslims aren't.

Not quite, the coalition are indeed capping immigration...from non-EU countries. There is no limit on immigration from the other 26 member states of the EU because that would be illegal. 

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
flammableBen

« Reply #287 on: Monday, July 19, 2010, 09:34:48 »

In an ideal world there would be no borders.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: Monday, July 19, 2010, 09:39:00 »

it is only a matta of time b4 we have shania law in this country. sum of u probably think dats good but it don't impress me much.

It wont happen here....unless George Galloway becomes leader!
All people should be allowed(and are) to practice there religion in our country........as long as they keep within the laws of our country theres no problem is there....being a Christian in Nigeria for example is fundamently different to being a Christian here....the majority want to imprison or even execute gay people in Nigeria.......so you see we have to have our OWN laws and if people dont obide by them then they shouldnt be here.....
Spy

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: Monday, July 19, 2010, 09:42:09 »

Not quite, the coalition are indeed capping immigration...from non-EU countries. There is no limit on immigration from the other 26 member states of the EU because that would be illegal. 

Then it is already happening. There is a limit on immigration. However it's a limit on non-EU immigrants. So for example the number of immigrants from Arab countrys where most people are muslim is limited. The number of immigrants from EU countrys like Poland isn't limited.

As you point out under EU law we can't cap immigration from other EU states and other EU states can't limit the number of people from the UK allowed to move in either.
Spy

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: Monday, July 19, 2010, 09:43:50 »

I think that 'muslim' countries might be a bit more forgiving than you think. Pakistan for example has nearly 3million Christians living there. They have churches.

To be fair in many strict muslim countrys Christians do face persecution etc.

Altho this obviously doesn't make it OK for people here ton be cunts to muslims who just want to practise their own beliefs.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #291 on: Monday, July 19, 2010, 09:58:04 »

It wont happen here....unless George Galloway becomes leader!
All people should be allowed(and are) to practice there religion in our country........as long as they keep within the laws of our country theres no problem is there....being a Christian in Nigeria for example is fundamently different to being a Christian here....the majority want to imprison or even execute gay people in Nigeria.......so you see we have to have our OWN laws and if people dont obide by them then they shouldnt be here.....

I think we should put a message out to all Muslims that they're welcome if the want to Come On Over
Spy

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: Monday, July 19, 2010, 10:05:55 »

Just Islamic extremists

OK. As I said before I think the number of islamic extremists around is really low. Muslims are a minority group and only a minority of that minority are the sort of extremists we're talking about here. The media make it seem like a bigger issue than it actually is.

Parts of England are becomming "no go zones" for whites at night

Is this actually happening? Or is it just that as these people tend to clustered together then there are some areas where white/non-muslim people can walk through the area and feel like they are the minority and this makes them feel weird/uneasy.

I don't think there are any (or at least not many) areas where there is a high concentration of muslims and it is actually dangerous to walk through there at night if you are white/non-muslim.

7/7 bombing should never have the oppertunity to happen again

Are the EDL actually helping prevent terrorist attacks by expressing anger at muslim extremists or are they actually more likel to futher add to the sort of feelings of alienation in muslim communities which can drive people to more extremist points of view. I'd say it's ther latter.

I'll role the last too questions into one, Yes i have seen a full burqa, where? Walking down Manchester Road.

Fair enough but did it severely impact your life or was it more that it made you feel a bit weird cos you're not used to it?

I think the burqa has become kind of symbolic of a radically different way of life coming into our country but you have to admit it's not exactly something you see often is it?
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: Monday, July 19, 2010, 10:12:41 »

one of my ambitions in life is to fuck a woman in a burqa
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: Monday, July 19, 2010, 10:14:01 »

This thread is ace.  Smiley
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #295 on: Monday, July 19, 2010, 10:21:22 »

one of my ambitions in life is to fuck a woman in a burqa

You'd need good aim for the money shot

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: Monday, July 19, 2010, 10:28:00 »

it is only a matta of time b4 we have shania law in this country. sum of u probably think dats good but it don't impress me much.

you think you're a genius, you drive me up the wall.
Spy

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: Monday, July 19, 2010, 10:29:59 »

Agreed. Well annoying. Not funny at all.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: Monday, July 19, 2010, 10:30:06 »

Subtle, but funny as fuck.

It's All Good..............
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #299 on: Monday, July 19, 2010, 10:31:33 »

I think Spy got whoooshed there.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 47   Go Up
Print
Jump to: