Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Happy Paddys Day  (Read 4593 times)
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, March 17, 2009, 12:20:09 »

I don't celebrate it. nothing to do with Ireland so for me it means nothing. I can see why people do though. Cheap Guiness is more than enough of an excuse. It's weird how some people celebrate Paddy day and not any of the other though even if they are English.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, March 17, 2009, 12:28:30 »

I dont....and never understood people who do.

Clems Army!
Rich Pullen

« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, March 17, 2009, 12:30:07 »

It's weird how some people celebrate Paddy day and not any of the other though even if they are English.

It's because you get a whacky Guinness hat when you buy X amount of drinks Smiley
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, March 17, 2009, 12:32:25 »

It's because you get a whacky Guinness hat when you buy X amount of drinks Smiley

Fuck yeah! Better than some crappy rose or leek/daffodil anyway. Although they should hand out blow up sheep on St Davids Day, that'd be amusing.
Ironside
Wir müssen die Liberalen ausrotten

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, March 17, 2009, 12:49:10 »

That's not really the reason though is it? Or at least I never remember it being the reason when we didn't bother celebrating it 10 years ago, and I guess it wasn't the reason 20 years ago.

We don't celebrate our patron saints day for the same reason most other countries don't celebrate theirs - it hasn't been part of an very successful branding exercise turning the whole thing into a day of drinking Guinness.

The "in case we upset some ethnic minority" rubbish has gone further towards putting people off St. Georges day (and the flag) than anything else, by adding a nasty edge to the nationalism.

Fuck off. There's no more room in the Righteous Brothers, start you're own group.

and get a fucking job.

Genius, Gentleman Explorer, French Cabaret Chantoose  and Small Bets Placed and someone who knows who they are changed my signature but its only know that I can be arsed to change it....and I mean all the spelling mistakes.

Was it me? It can't have been an interesting enough event for me to remember - fB.
flammableBen

« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, March 17, 2009, 13:20:14 »

Nice to see you're keeping up your nice wide repertoire of posts their ironside.

I remember being a little kid, when you think up something funny all by yourself and you're so proud of yourself you go around repeating it to anybody who makes the vaguest show of listening.

Your family must be so proud that your mental development has finally hit the 4 year old level.
Foggy

Ketchup wanker

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, March 17, 2009, 13:24:47 »

I dont celebrate it because it is not my patron saints day, drinking Guinness and wearing a fucking stupid hat does not make you oirish. It appears that you can be a patriot as long as you are not English, and i anm very proud to be English.

Sad to say, i must be on my way
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, March 17, 2009, 13:28:39 »

I dont like guiness

i dont like irish

i dont celebrate it
Rich Pullen

« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, March 17, 2009, 13:32:26 »

Am I right in saying that Saint Paddy was from Roman England while beloved Saint George and Scotland's Saint Andy were from the Middle East?

Saint David was a pure Welshman though.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, March 17, 2009, 13:32:41 »

I dont celebrate it because it is not my patron saints day, drinking Guinness and wearing a fucking stupid hat does not make you oirish. It appears that you can be a patriot as long as you are not English, and i anm very proud to be English.

I'm proud to be English but I'm a sucker for drinks promotions on my favourite tipple. That doesn't make me Irish though, in much the same way going for the drinks promotions on (hypothetical) Gay Guinness day wouldn't make me homosexual.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, March 17, 2009, 13:33:30 »

It would make you at least bi I think
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, March 17, 2009, 13:37:04 »

It would make you at least bi I think

How you doin?
strooood
As black as Patrick from EastEnders who is officially the blackest man on the planet.

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, March 17, 2009, 13:37:19 »

i have celebrated St Paddy's day with a slice of Baileys cheesecake in the canteen.

That'll do for me.

officially blacker than the night.
DMR

« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, March 17, 2009, 13:37:38 »

I dislike the Irish and don't really like Guiness but in the spirit of things I'm heading straight to the pubs from 5pm to pour shit loads of it down my neck.

Take that society.
Dazzza

« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, March 17, 2009, 13:40:11 »

I'm not Irish nor do I technically have a Patron Saint but as Patrick spent 3 years casting out the last of the druids, toads and snakes of my manor I think I'm entitled to raise a glass to him.

That said it's all a bunch of fucking plastic tomfoolery that's getting borderline NYE in its cringe worthy false sentiment and enforced fun.  If I was in Ireland I’d get shit faced and soak it all up otherwise I’ll leave it to the true Paddys to get on with it.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: