Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 ... 66   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Port Vile v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 60822 times)
NotHarryAgombar

Ignore
« Reply #720 on: Thursday, May 19, 2022, 22:06:54 »

players attacked, town fans bottled, coined and a flare cage thrown landing on an older man's head with blood pouring down. fuck the match, bunch of twats, hope cctv and the police sort it out

As I said in a previous post today, fans should not go on the pitch. Yet I am sure there will still those on here who will defend fans’ right to do that.
It’s ridiculous- you only have to see the nonsense on Twitter and forums  to realise that there are Neanderthals who make it unsafe - the EFL need to have zero tolerance - with severe sanctions on clubs whose supporters invade the pitch.
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #721 on: Thursday, May 19, 2022, 22:08:56 »

Season too soon for us. Play offs aint bad for a team largely put together in a week.

Autos next season. 
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #722 on: Thursday, May 19, 2022, 22:10:12 »

Be interesting to see who stays and how much of a rebuild is needed for next season….
I hope it's 'interesting' and not 'worrying'.

In an ideal world I would like to see Davison and Barry upgrades.

But, I suspect that we may see Wollacott, Reed and Payne gone.  Wonder whether Baudry will be persuaded to stay or will retire.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Freddies Ferret 2.0

Ignore
« Reply #723 on: Thursday, May 19, 2022, 22:10:31 »

Vale have risen out of nowhere to near the top of my most hated clubs. Their supporters are the worst. Awful
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #724 on: Thursday, May 19, 2022, 22:11:32 »

As I said in a previous post today, fans should not go on the pitch. Yet I am sure there will still those on here who will defend fans’ right to do that.
It’s ridiculous- you only have to see the nonsense on Twitter and forums  to realise that there are Neanderthals who make it unsafe - the EFL need to have zero tolerance - with severe sanctions on clubs whose supporters invade the pitch.

You could stop it, but you'd need a lot more stewarding/police presence or Draconian punishments for clubs (no fans to Wembley, for example - although no chance of the fa doing that with the money they'd lose!).

Tbh I think the path of least resistance is probably facilitating it but restricting to one third of the pitch.

It just shows how much of policing is by consent. If 2000 people want to come on the pitch you aren't stopping them without serious weaponry. Stewards can't usually stop one pitch invader, let alone thousands.
Swindon Please Win

Ignore
« Reply #725 on: Thursday, May 19, 2022, 22:12:42 »

Gutted, to lose the shootout in the position we were in hurts the most, scenes at the end are an absolute joke. I would usually wish the team that beat us luck in the final but not after seeing that. EFL needs to have a serious look at that.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #726 on: Thursday, May 19, 2022, 22:12:58 »

Season too soon for us. Play offs aint bad for a team largely put together in a week.

Autos next season. 

When was the last time we followed up a play off defeat with a better season the following year?
We have no idea who will stay and who will go.

There is no gradual build in lower league football anymore. The chances of keeping this squad together and added the missing pieces is slim.

Could be (another) total rebuild.
Lemis

Ignore
« Reply #727 on: Thursday, May 19, 2022, 22:13:38 »

I’m find it very difficult to understand McKirdys reaction after his penalty miss.

To be fair, Mane had exactly the same reaction when he missed a penalty in the FA Cup final, so hardly the most abnormal thing.

Have you seen the writing on the wall?
river monster

Ignore
« Reply #728 on: Thursday, May 19, 2022, 22:15:04 »

Lets win the fuckin thing next season, for a record time.

didn't deserve to win the game tonight  in open play, but one penalty away, sickener.

Fair fucks to garner and the lads he helped assemble, bloody enjoyed it all season. were written off alot of times this season, as early as February! So many 'seasons over' posts after many games.

Not managed to see it back, but that seemed a blatant pen in the 7th minute handball, hands above his head...
« Last Edit: Thursday, May 19, 2022, 22:17:19 by river monster » Logged
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #729 on: Thursday, May 19, 2022, 22:15:10 »

Congratulations to both teams.  Vale were good value for their 1-0 on the bal. of play.  Our whole club did magnificently to reach the Playoffs.

Mckirdy, Davison, Iandolo - you can hold your heads high.  We wouldn't have been in the POs without you.

Gutted for all the players tonight.  They just couldn't find their "A Game" .  And for the travelling fans.  Between them, STFC had recovered the initiative from Vale.

Onwards and upwards.  
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #730 on: Thursday, May 19, 2022, 22:16:36 »

Just at Hilton services as wanted to get out of there as quickly as possible. Did our players get off the pitch without any issues?

I know you can’t blame players in penalties but Ward had that won for us. Mckirdy’s penalty was ridiculous why try that? And Davison everyone knew he’d ‘miss it yet he had the crucial 5th…. Iandolo was just unlucky that it got to him.
Swindon Please Win

Ignore
« Reply #731 on: Thursday, May 19, 2022, 22:18:06 »

When was the last time we followed up a play off defeat with a better season the following year?
We have no idea who will stay and who will go.

There is no gradual build in lower league football anymore. The chances of keeping this squad together and added the missing pieces is slim.

Could be (another) total rebuild.

The only hope is this set up looks good now, we built this team in an embargo, hopefully we can keep 50% of this current team and build on it without restrictions. There is definitely a feel of a team on the way up, just hopefully the recruitment is as good this summer, they did well last summer and even in January to replace the players who left. I still feel a huge sense of positivity around the club under this new ownership compared to the previous who would be looking now to profit out of the squad.
Qunk

Ignore
« Reply #732 on: Thursday, May 19, 2022, 22:18:20 »

I’m find it very difficult to understand McKirdys reaction after his penalty miss.

You should not attempt a logical analysis of a reaction to a highly charged emotional experience. Dealing with high emotions is different for everyone
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #733 on: Thursday, May 19, 2022, 22:18:42 »

You could stop it, but you'd need a lot more stewarding/police presence or Draconian punishments for clubs (no fans to Wembley, for example - although no chance of the fa doing that with the money they'd lose!).

Tbh I think the path of least resistance is probably facilitating it but restricting to one third of the pitch.

It just shows how much of policing is by consent. If 2000 people want to come on the pitch you aren't stopping them without serious weaponry. Stewards can't usually stop one pitch invader, let alone thousands.

If ‘fans’ what to act like animals then they should be treated like so. Put the fences back.
doomster

Ignore
« Reply #734 on: Thursday, May 19, 2022, 22:19:51 »

To be fair they had a lot of police however most of them were assigned duties outside the ground to get fans out from the bycas stand.  So issues were self made as had they not switched away end would of had way more resources available for within the ground.  

Great season not the result we wanted but a fantastic season when considering where we were at hungerford.

Away end was noisy start to finish so we did all we could to carry them over the line.

Safe travels all
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 ... 66   Go Up
Print
Jump to: