Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 66   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Port Vile v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 60824 times)
Qunk

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2022, 21:25:27 »

I was castigated by some TEF posters for my criticism of the pitch invasion at Walsall.
I remain of the view that fans should not come on to the pitch, and events At some play off games this week have done nothing to change my view (they probably suggest I’m right). The players of both sides deserve the opportunity to show respect for the opposition, to acknowledge the support of their fans, and in the case of the winners to celebrate victory on the pitch and without the fear of assault from idiots invading the pitch.
Fans’ should stay off the pitch and behind the barriers to enable that to happen, and in the case of the winners to enjoy their players celebrating in front of them.

I agree with you completely
paddieu

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2022, 23:26:08 »

I was at Walsall and was ok with the initial invasion. But when they cleared the pitch so the players cud walk round and applaud etc, when they got to about 2/3 of the way along the long stand, people just invaded and mobbed them, so they cudnt finish off applauding the remaining 1/3 plus the behind goal stand. That was f---d up really, and I could see some of the players were not happy with that.
paddieu

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2022, 23:27:33 »

Mind you I did see Reed dive into the crowd first time round to see people to the right of the goal :-)
paddieu

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2022, 23:31:08 »

Just a couple of thoughts re the game.
I'd be concerned about Vale players/atmosphere combining to get McKirdy sent off,
and even if we then won, would be inelgible for the final.

I hope he can keep his head, and that we get a ref who is tolerant, because the amount of yakking he directs at them defiinitely walks the line every time I see him
paddieu

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2022, 23:41:56 »

and a brief reflection on the first leg.

i was disappointd with the extent to which we just lumped the ball forward, especially the first part of the second half, and it was noticable that once we got it down and played, the second goal and the chances emerged.

Given the contrast with all the earlier season complaints about fannying around at the back etc, it was strange to see this change of tactics. Would be interesting to speculate why. Did Vale force that on us, or was it planned ? It felt like the latter.

it's too much to expect a youngster like davidson to achieve much in those circumstances.

Barry also seems not to be up to much form what I've seen recently - again of course he's just a youngster.

It feels like this team is 2 forwards short of what is needed - which is all the more credit to Reed and Payne for 'carrying' them - and our defenders for playing so well -and of course to Harry McK as well.

I'd be curious to look back and compare our last play off team to get an idea of what we cud be aiming for, though that was League 1 admittedly. Maybe shud be comparing with Mussolini's team, or with that of 2 years ago ?

So whatever happens, well done to all involved for getting us this far !
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Thursday, May 19, 2022, 05:58:42 »

Mind you I did see Reed dive into the crowd first time round to see people to the right of the goal :-)

That was to see his Mum and Dad.
Most people behave, unfortunately only takes a few to spoil it.
Whilst most will invade a pitch to celebrate with their players, the dick heads will run to the opposing ends to wind up the opposition fans, this is where it can turn nasty.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Thursday, May 19, 2022, 06:00:04 »

Tbf, which is exactly what we did after the Sheffield United game.
Freddies Ferret 2.0

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: Thursday, May 19, 2022, 06:06:13 »

So here we are. Nerves have now kicked in. Please do it lads
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: Thursday, May 19, 2022, 06:07:19 »

Hope the conditions don't level things up.

Hope Vale don't kick us off the park and take out any of our key players.

Hope we can score early and even more importantly stop them from scoring and building up a head of steam.

Hope we win and progress in the play offs.

Hope we don't have too edgy and nervy time.

Really, really, really hope that we don't lose. I'm always pessimistic, as this is Swindon, but I so want us to win. It will be a horrible weekend (and beyond) if we lose.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: Thursday, May 19, 2022, 06:11:31 »

Have faith, guys.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: Thursday, May 19, 2022, 06:23:21 »

well here we are.

the conditions look to be good.

no idea otherwise.

safe travels
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: Thursday, May 19, 2022, 06:50:06 »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10832151/Pitch-invader-30-charged-assault-Sheffield-Uniteds-Billy-Sharp-headbutted.html
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: Thursday, May 19, 2022, 06:50:11 »

Woken up very nervous, just get the job done today please town.

Few to step up their game and we should get it done. Keep the faith. COYR
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: Thursday, May 19, 2022, 07:13:06 »

If we go one nil up, I would be tempted to take McKirdy off to rest. Not long back from injury, and can imagine him being a 'target' tonight.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: Thursday, May 19, 2022, 07:15:59 »

Problem is that Forest/Sheff U showed why 3-1 (agg) may not be enough

He's also kind of key to how we play.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 66   Go Up
Print
Jump to: