Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Sutton United pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 26496 times)
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: Tuesday, March 15, 2022, 21:47:16 »

Parkin:
- Ref was stern and yellow carded people early on
- It wasn't a penalty
- Reed thought there was going to be a collision. It was unfortunate that the keeper got a touch on the ball
- Reed was excellent in the first half. But not as good second half
- MotM: Probably go McKirdy. Felt there was a maturity about his game. His decision making seems to be improving. Picking the right pass and getting in the right positions. Constant threat and enjoyed watching him

You're right about "maturity".  Harry didn't even look that close to getting a yellow tonight.  Despite the provocation from the officials.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: Tuesday, March 15, 2022, 21:50:46 »

Parkin (Part 2):
- Egbo: Seen him in MLS. Sure he'll be very fit as Red Bulls play a high tempo game
- Will be a good addition to the squad. Did well when he came on running the ball down the right.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: Tuesday, March 15, 2022, 21:58:39 »

Garner hoping Reed red will be rescinded!

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Qunk

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: Tuesday, March 15, 2022, 21:59:17 »

Gutted to be without Reed again. Although by the sounds of it he wasn’t as culpable this time around
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: Tuesday, March 15, 2022, 21:59:19 »

Not sure yellow cards can be rescinded.
It wasn’t a straight red was it?
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: Tuesday, March 15, 2022, 21:59:49 »

Garner:
- First 25 mins we were brilliant. Fantastic control of the game
- Game then turned on its head. Some bizarre decisions
- Didn't play very well in the second half
- Sutton equaliser was a foul on Conroy and then Baudry was blocked from the free kick
- Until then, we hadnt put a foot wrong. But, it knocked the players. It was disappointing at the time
- Wollacott has worked on his distribution. Fantastic quality from him. And from Davison in scoring
- Great ball by Williams and good finish from McKirdy for the second
- We stood up to them and restricted them to very little
- O'Brien's ankle was up like a balloon. Should be OK for Saturday
- Baudry played an important role. When he comes in, he plays at a good level and makes an important contribution
- Reed: There was contact and Garner has a video to prove it. He's showing it to the ref and hopes the ref will rescind the red card. If not, Reed will miss the next 2 games
- Garner can see ref at 2220. The ref has made a mistake. If he can be honest then he can rescind it.
- Forest Green: We will have too many players away. Wollacott, Williams and O'Brien all going to be away. So game to be rescheduled
- O'Brien back for Saturday. There is one other that might be able to come back into the squad too.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
river monster

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: Tuesday, March 15, 2022, 22:07:22 »

Bloody filthy win! Brilliant!
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: Tuesday, March 15, 2022, 22:21:10 »

Pleased we got justice and the win we deserved. Sutton weren’t the worst side I’ve seen and did well considering the depth of their injury problems. Very poor ref, probably worst I can remember. I’m not sure I know whether it was a foul on Reed but even before that I thought he was dreadful. Conroy got fouled in the collision that led to their free kick in my opinion.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: Tuesday, March 15, 2022, 22:36:10 »

that was a battle, well defended though.. A great 3 points.

You can see Sutton are a pain in the arse physically, even with players out. Not dirty, just direct and big.

But while we weren't super sexy, we ground it out. And that has to give hope.

Reed will bea massive loss again. looked like contact from my seat, but ifollow viewers think dive?

the ref and the Arkells lino were fucking useless, absolutely awful.

1 point from autos... so tight
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: Tuesday, March 15, 2022, 22:38:44 »

Quote from: DiV
Not sure yellow cards can be rescinded.
It wasn’t a straight red was it?

deffo can't be appealed, but don't know if ref can admit mistake and withdraw it
AMayesIng

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: Tuesday, March 15, 2022, 22:51:26 »

Great win 2-1. The whole ' Garner only lets the team play one way' stuff from 2-3 months ago is dead now, surely. 2 long ball goals! Though Sutton were OK actually, physical and direct but not just hooof. Their 7 and 11 both had the beating of us a few times and I think they won more midfield battles than we did.
But McKirdy had their FB on toast for a lot of the game. Shout out to Odimayo and Hunt as well as the CBs, both had good games; despite Suttons strength in Midfield they had very few clear cut chances; for me that means the defence must have played well. Jojo commanding and what a ball for the first goal! No one else stood out for me. Enjoyed the game though! Wrong end of the ground to comment on all the pen/dive/red card stuff.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: Tuesday, March 15, 2022, 22:59:09 »

Another huge 3 points. Can’t disagree with comments above. Some decent performances, and individual
moments too. Davison finished brilliantly (sign him up) and the second goal was worked really well. Baudry was good individually, but there will be teams with a more mobile front line that mean we need a more mobile pairing there. Odimayo spot on again. He’s really maturing as a player and he’s another we should try and extend.

Who’s on the shortlist for being the other player that may be coming back? Barry, Tomlinson or Gladwin?
« Last Edit: Tuesday, March 15, 2022, 23:02:49 by Frigby Daser » Logged
AMayesIng

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: Tuesday, March 15, 2022, 23:20:16 »

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/12567275/swindon-2-1-sutton-utd-league-two-highlights
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: Tuesday, March 15, 2022, 23:59:21 »

Watched it about 10 times and still 100% convinced all of Sutton’s players were offside on that free kick.
Reeds looks like a dive but McKirdy should have finished it first
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: Wednesday, March 16, 2022, 00:38:54 »

Well that looks to me like the keeper didn't get a touch on the ball. Will rewatch on slo-mo on iFollow and see if it brings looks different. Reed wins it to take it beyond the Keeper and I'm looking at Reeds trailing/following leg and the Keeper's extended hand...it looks like the Keeper makes contact with Reeds trailing leg to me.

The difficulty here is that the camera angle is bang plumb almost with the time of the event. If it were at square leg, it would be much more conclusive!

In any case I think there are two things here meaning the ref should retract his decision. There is either contact from the Keeper with Reed's leg and therefore the ref should have awarded a penalty or it is reasonable to assume, with such momentum in that moment that Reed would anticipate contact from the Keeper - considering their relative positions at the time of the event and the ref should just allow play to continue.

It should be retracted but seeing how shite the ref was, he'll probably see no issue with his decision and will probably refuse to view any video evidence and is likely sipping his 8th Horlicks of the evening!

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: