Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: A roof for the Bank at last.  (Read 56434 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Friday, February 6, 2015, 19:02:10 »

I like that the Trust are trying to build bridges (and roofs) with the club.

But I think the whole idea is a pointless waste of money, I won't be contributing.
@mwooly63

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #31 on: Friday, February 6, 2015, 19:03:44 »

Having researched slightly, they'd be better off keeping their gunpowder dry, at least until Mr Power comes clean about his Australian appearance...

As the trust have already met with the club you would have thought if he had anything to come clean about he would have

Anyway for once its some good news re the CG so am not complaining esp as not costing the club anything
Kudos to the trust  Beers
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Friday, February 6, 2015, 19:04:05 »

Something is better than nothing I suppose....when I see it, I'll believe it.

New stand would be good but never going to happen, planning and all that bollocks, better for away fans behind the goal and plod will be happier.

What next? New TE?

Clems Army!
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Friday, February 6, 2015, 19:05:18 »

Even if the Bank had a roof now away fans would remain housed in the Arkells - ticket ££££.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Friday, February 6, 2015, 19:05:37 »

I thought they were saying it will have one pillar down the middle, like Portsmouths roof that was added within recent years.

Anyway I'd have the bank for home fans. A Stratton Bank with roof and improved facilities sounds better than the current town end to me.
Agreed. It's a big improvement on what's been there for the last 20 odd years.  Seats bolted on to an uncovered terrace is an embarassment.  I don't know why people are being so fucking sniffy about it. Jebus wept  Roll Eyes
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #35 on: Friday, February 6, 2015, 19:06:58 »

Damned if they do and damned if they don't.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #36 on: Friday, February 6, 2015, 19:08:25 »

Yep there is just no pleasing some fans.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Friday, February 6, 2015, 19:08:37 »

Yes
I find some of the responses on here absolutely astonishing. I am dumbfounded.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Friday, February 6, 2015, 19:08:58 »

Sniffy...really?!

Lukewarm, maybe.  There's a little more nuance to the criticism than you're making out.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Friday, February 6, 2015, 19:11:04 »

Yep there is just no pleasing some fans.

Would you build a £50,000 extension on your house that you only used when the family came round at Christmas?

It's a senseless waste of money. Until we're selling out every week, there's absolutely no need to do this.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Friday, February 6, 2015, 19:11:44 »

Agreed. It's a big improvement on what's been there for the last 20 odd years.  Seats bolted on to an uncovered terrace is an embarassment.  I don't know why people are being so fucking sniffy about it. Jebus wept  Roll Eyes

You've missed the point. If we were packing the County Ground out week in week out then fair enough, put a roof on it, make the bogs humane, free up the Arkells. But currently its barely used.

May as well use 500K on something useful.

PV made a point about reduced policing costs. That's fair enough, if it pays back 500K in savings to the club then I totally see the point.
--
Speculating on getting to the Championship and needing it is all well and good, but its a lot of money to raise/use 'just in case'.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Friday, February 6, 2015, 19:15:20 »

You've missed the point. If we were packing the County Ground out week in week out then fair enough, put a roof on it, make the bogs humane, free up the Arkells. But currently its barely used.

May as well use 500K on something useful.

PV made a point about reduced policing costs. That's fair enough, if it pays back 500K in savings to the club then I totally see the point.
--
Speculating on getting to the Championship and needing it is all well and good, but its a lot of money to raise/use 'just in case'.

But its not costing the club is it
Matt71

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Friday, February 6, 2015, 19:15:25 »

Would you build a £50,000 extension on your house that you only used when the family came round at Christmas?

It's a senseless waste of money. Until we're selling out every week, there's absolutely no need to do this.

The trust want to use it for kids when not required for away fans but you can't have kids sitting in the pissing rain .the whole point of building a roof is to get it back in use every game.
kerry red

« Reply #43 on: Friday, February 6, 2015, 19:15:32 »

'Just in case'?

Pessimistic fecker!
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Friday, February 6, 2015, 19:17:37 »

Power thinks we'll get to the Championship and stay there

Given on how he's delivered well over excpetations so far, you wouldn't bet against it

In the Champ it will be used for, what, 75% of away games.
Fair weather maybe, but I suspect in bleak mid winter, a few 100 more away fans of 'big' clubs' will come to each away game if they know they aren't going to get pissed on.

Few 100 more tickets, pints bought in Club 72, etc etc.

All adds up
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: