Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: FPL League  (Read 8839 times)
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Monday, December 11, 2023, 10:12:31 »

Best thing for FPL would be a long injury for Haaland (doesnt sound like it will be).

Combine that with Salah/Son and others off on international duty for most of January it will make team selection a bit more interesting as there doesn't seem to be much variation in teams. The likes of Haaland, Salah, Son, Saka, Watkins, Tripper, etc must have pretty high ownership % 
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Monday, December 11, 2023, 10:20:46 »

Best thing for FPL would be a long injury for Haaland (doesnt sound like it will be).

Combine that with Salah/Son and others off on international duty for most of January it will make team selection a bit more interesting as there doesn't seem to be much variation in teams. The likes of Haaland, Salah, Son, Saka, Watkins, Tripper, etc must have pretty high ownership % 

Yeah this is the main reason I lose interest every year, there just ends up being a "right" team and 80% of players have 80% the same team. The FPL Draft idea is better, but the scoring is so top heavy that basically whoever gets the first pick wins unless they're an idiot.

I'd quite like a league ban list, where you make everyone choose a squad that *doesn't* have Haaland, Salah and so on.
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Monday, December 11, 2023, 17:33:03 »

This is so true.

I wanted to make a draft without Haaland. As it sounded a lot of fun having all that spare money to invest elsewhere.

But you can't, as he'll randomly score 4 at home one week and then you've lost right there on the spot.
Qunk

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Monday, December 11, 2023, 18:35:39 »

I’ve been Haaland-less for a good few weeks. It’s not hit me particularly hard as I’ve spent the funds on what should be on paper a very strong midfield and it’s allowed me to play Darwin, Watkins and Jackson up front, which should bring a lot of points but in reality, hasn’t. And my smug-ness kicked me upside the head yesterday as I thought I’d be well top of my respective leagues given most other people (such as Tans) had captained or played Haaland. As it happens my midfield misfired and I only ended up two points above the average. I deserved that.
swindon74

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Sunday, May 19, 2024, 22:53:29 »

I finished 3rd, happy with that! 1st must have at least been in the top 10,000! So well done that man!
Abrahammer

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Today at 08:08:52 »

He finished 5,092nd in the world out of 11 million teams, that a mental performance!

Come on, reveal yourself and bask in the glory.

I came 6th, i'll take that
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Today at 08:22:01 »

Will join next season - disappointing second half of the season, ended up at 350k after being 10k around christmas!
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Today at 09:10:49 »

Cheers all easy W, see you next year  Pint  Wink
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Today at 09:11:56 »

He finished 5,092nd in the world out of 11 million teams, that a mental performance!

Come on, reveal yourself and bask in the glory.

I came 6th, i'll take that

Yep missed out on a top 5K performance as Bruno got subbed 59th minute but otherwise really happy! Took some money home in a couple of mini leagues too 
Abrahammer

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Today at 09:23:51 »

Fair play that's a hell of a performance.

Havertz's last minute goal denied me victory in the money league that Quagmire on here runs  Doh
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Today at 12:34:52 »

Fair play that's a hell of a performance.

Havertz's last minute goal denied me victory in the money league that Quagmire on here runs  Doh

Invite me invite me
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Today at 13:09:08 »

Invite me invite me

More than welcome mate.

If I get enough interest - I could do a paid TEF league.
« Last Edit: Today at 13:54:30 by Quagmire » Logged
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Today at 13:55:04 »

More than welcome mate.

If I get enough interest - I could do a paid TEF league.

Count me in!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: