Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Chin up  (Read 33815 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #90 on: Wednesday, January 14, 2015, 11:20:55 »

That was for handball.  Though how he could avoid handling the ball after being pushed over onto the ball is another question.
You are correct, pathetic sending off.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Wednesday, January 14, 2015, 11:27:53 »

I think all of his sending offs this season have been debatable at best.  Crawley was a joke decision as well.  Cheltenham overturned on appeal. 

Never knowingly overstated.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #92 on: Wednesday, January 14, 2015, 11:43:10 »

Obikas dive v Port Vale was worthy of Suarez himself.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Wednesday, January 14, 2015, 12:06:25 »

One thing we do know is that many sides in this league will try to kick our young lads and intimidate them....you could see how Cotterill had sent his side out to intimidate with Elliot head butting Stephens after 90 secs...we know Elliot has previous, having ended Keith O'Halloran's career.

Earlier in the season we received an apology from the FA that referees were not being sufficiently watchful and protective of our ball players contrary to the current stated aims of the game to eliminate deliberate foul play.

Coventry had a bit of a go on Monday, 21 fouls conceded....Webster's stamp on Louis, but we've largely shown an ability to stand up to this shit and earn the right to play....the only thing I will say in favour of Franchise, is that Robinson's side does try and play the game properly, not in the dated style of Cotterill and Grayson.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #94 on: Wednesday, January 14, 2015, 12:15:06 »

Earlier in the season we received an apology from the FA that referees were not being sufficiently watchful and protective of our ball players contrary to the current stated aims of the game to eliminate deliberate foul play.

U wot m8?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Wednesday, January 14, 2015, 12:33:33 »

U wot m8?

Back in November from Adver...

Mark Cooper revealed after his side’s 2-1 defeat at Franchise that the chief of referees had apologised to him for some of the decisions that had gone against Swindon Town in recent games.

Officials have been a bone of contention for the Town boss recently and he indicated they might have been again today, without revealing exactly why.

Kyle McFadzean was lucky not to be sent off after 30 minutes when he clattered Yaser Kasim and got booked. The Dons’ man should have been on a yellow already having scythed down Nathan Byrne in the build-up to Jonathan Obika’s opener, but was not reprimanded.
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Wednesday, January 14, 2015, 13:23:19 »

You are correct, pathetic sending off.
I thought he deliberately handled the ball because he assumed he would get a free kick from the 'push' in the back. Thompson was stupid for assuming the ref would give a foul for a push and for deliberately handling the ball.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Wednesday, January 14, 2015, 13:27:41 »

I thought he deliberately handled the ball because he assumed he would get a free kick from the 'push' in the back. Thompson was stupid for assuming the ref would give a foul for a push and for deliberately handling the ball.

That's the way I remember it as well. Thing is with Nathan he defends at 100 mph, and if he does get pushed/clipped, he only has a micro second before he hits the deck, and no time to think. if that makes sense?
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Wednesday, January 14, 2015, 14:58:49 »

Yes Nathan would have been stupid had he actually handled the ball. I think that's what the ref gave but I watched a few replays and couldn't even see him lay a hand on the damn thing.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #99 on: Wednesday, January 14, 2015, 15:52:29 »

Just in case we have any lurkers

Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Wednesday, January 14, 2015, 15:53:10 »

It was the same as when Byrne got sent off v Brentford in the playoffs. Gets pushed on the ball and gets sent off for handling it even though there doesnt appear to be any handling.

Forgot how awful the ref was in that Brentford game....
Flashheart

« Reply #101 on: Wednesday, January 14, 2015, 15:54:17 »

Just in case we have any lurkers

Cheesy
lambourn red

« Reply #102 on: Wednesday, January 14, 2015, 16:45:42 »

The 82ers are hoping for a Bradford win tonight as that will mean another mid week game for us!!!

I have no idea how their brains work but we have the same amount of games left until then end of the season and whether we play on a Tuesday or Saturday does not make a jot of difference, selfishly I want Bradford to win tonight as I am going to see Korn/Slipknot on that Saturday in Cardiff and it is going to be a mad fucking rush getting there after the game.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Wednesday, January 14, 2015, 16:58:00 »

I suspect the 82ers, will now lose interest in us, as they have bigger fish to fry in the form of West Ham....who they doubtless feel are more worthy of sharing a pitch with such a massive club.

Of course, the 82ers have never beaten West Ham.....the old club only ever managed 7 wins v The Irons, compared to our 16.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Wednesday, January 14, 2015, 17:15:32 »

The 82ers are hoping for a Bradford win tonight as that will mean another mid week game for us!!!

I have no idea how their brains work but we have the same amount of games left until then end of the season and whether we play on a Tuesday or Saturday does not make a jot of difference, selfishly I want Bradford to win tonight as I am going to see Korn/Slipknot on that Saturday in Cardiff and it is going to be a mad fucking rush getting there after the game.

Lucky bastard!  Smiley

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: