Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Your views on the news  (Read 24144 times)
millom red

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Saturday, August 18, 2012, 23:04:55 »

Mother of Keith bennett dead. Where was that cunt Derek acora and co when she needed them?
Could'nt help but laugh at that arriba... Clap

f it dont need fixing....dont fuckin break it

Await The Day
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Sunday, August 19, 2012, 07:27:25 »

He specifically said he didn't want to go to Switzerland to die in "the middle of an industrial estate".

Not technically accurate... unless its all been a wind-up?

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Sunday, August 19, 2012, 09:16:47 »

Could'nt help but laugh at that arriba... Clap
I can see why and thought it night be misinterpreted but I was serious.someone desperate for answers never got them.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Sunday, August 19, 2012, 10:27:27 »

Sunday trading hours could possibly be extended, really don't agree with this, let the shop workers have some habitual time off ffs. I really don't think there's the need for a relaxation in the rules.

Assange wise, could be an interesting hour or so, statement from Ecuador's embassy coming up...
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Sunday, August 19, 2012, 10:32:28 »

Sunday trading hours could possibly be extended, really don't agree with this, let the shop workers have some habitual time off ffs. I really don't think there's the need for a relaxation in the rules.

Assange wise, could be an interesting hour or so, statement from Ecuador's embassy coming up...

I'm not bothered about Sunday hours in truth, but what a fascinating example of 'mission creep': "no it'll be temporary, honest, only for the Olympics trust me, no plans at all to extend it permanently...well actually as it's been a success and there's a recession on...etc"

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Sunday, August 19, 2012, 11:05:51 »

Was the temporary extension for around London only?
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Sunday, August 19, 2012, 11:07:57 »

Was the temporary extension for around London only?

Nope

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17419351

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Sunday, August 19, 2012, 11:19:23 »

Did anywhere around Swindon take advantage of it?
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Sunday, August 19, 2012, 17:28:08 »

Isn't the main argument against Sunday opening to do with the Church objecting as they think numbers will dwindle? Turns out it is anyway. Also, if a "believer" decides they'd rather go shopping than to a service then that says it all!

Notice our local Co-Op (Exeter) is now open from 7am - 11pm on Sundays. That's the only shop I've noticed though.
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Sunday, August 19, 2012, 17:37:34 »

What's people's views on gay marriage? See Cardinal O'Brien is up to his old tricks and has suspended direct communication with Salmond and the SNP over it.

Personally, I'm all for it. After all, why should the Church be permitted to discriminate against a population? No one would stand for it if they said Black people couldn't marry in churches.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Sunday, August 19, 2012, 17:52:10 »

Sunday trading hours are nothing to do with the church with me, just I think it's still good to have a period of time that let's most people have sometime to themselves. There's no real need for shops to be open Sunday evening. Although having said that I hear loads of people work in Asda Sunday evening filling shelves, getting ready for the Monday, so I suppose that blows my argument out of the water  - especially as the Mrs has done the weekly shop on Sunday evenings for the last 3 weeks.

LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Sunday, August 19, 2012, 19:39:36 »

What's people's views on gay marriage? See Cardinal O'Brien is up to his old tricks and has suspended direct communication with Salmond and the SNP over it.

Personally, I'm all for it. After all, why should the Church be permitted to discriminate against a population? No one would stand for it if they said Black people couldn't marry in churches.

I don't see why gays would want to take part in a ceremony borne out of a religion which at the centre of its ethos is intolerant of homosexuality. I'd have thought gay Christians would have abandonned the religion and settled for civil partnerships, given that what they believed in was opposed to their lifestyle choices.

Simplistic and error-strewn, but that's my 30 second opinion on this news story! Smiley

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Sunday, August 19, 2012, 19:49:52 »

I just feel that if the trend for Gay marriage continues then in around a million years time there wont be people being born anymore....the world will end Eek

jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Sunday, August 19, 2012, 20:22:13 »

I don't see why gays would want to take part in a ceremony borne out of a religion which at the centre of its ethos is intolerant of homosexuality. I'd have thought gay Christians would have abandonned the religion and settled for civil partnerships, given that what they believed in was opposed to their lifestyle choices.

Do they actually want to?

I thought the issue was that if same sex marriages were made totally legal and on a par with 'normal' marriages then the Church would be powerless to say no to them. With the risk I guess that people would do it just to piss them off.

I'm not sure about it all myself. I'm all for equality but I question whether it is right to be able to force your views upon others. If your opposed to homosexuality, surely you shouldn't be forced to have them in your Church and marry them? Same for if you run a B&B. As long as there isn't any nastiness I don't see the problem in people being able to say no.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #74 on: Sunday, August 19, 2012, 20:48:26 »

Extended trading hours are ace, I prefer shopping in the evenings and the supermarkets are busier than you'd think.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: