Pages: 1 ... 721 722 723 [724] 725 726 727 ... 881   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 2043402 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #10845 on: Wednesday, December 16, 2020, 17:22:36 »

the bloody fish. they won't let that go because it's 'taking back control' or some such bollocks
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #10846 on: Wednesday, December 16, 2020, 17:29:51 »

Luke McGee
@lukemcgee
EU sources now also calling claims of deal “utter BS” and saying they are a long way on quite a few issues including fish. Suggestions that those claiming it’s near are “smoking the wrong stuff”
Damn. Suspect we will see quite a bit more of this back and forth over the next few days. The fish is an irrelevance IMO, just an excuse if it all collapses. If that's the only issue remaining govt won't hesitate to stitch the fishermen up, same as they have done with the farmers
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #10847 on: Wednesday, December 16, 2020, 22:22:34 »

I think there’s been too much noise that an agreement has been made on the diverging standards to suggest that there won’t be a deal there - that’s surely the biggest stumbling block. The fish is just noise, and one side or another will cave on that eventually

There’ll be a lot of peacocking but I’m a lot more confident that we won’t be going kamikaze on January 1st

Things get better but they never get good
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #10848 on: Thursday, December 17, 2020, 08:34:28 »

I think there’s been too much noise that an agreement has been made on the diverging standards to suggest that there won’t be a deal there - that’s surely the biggest stumbling block. The fish is just noise, and one side or another will cave on that eventually

There’ll be a lot of peacocking but I’m a lot more confident that we won’t be going kamikaze on January 1st
We've already gone kamikaze. The question is the extent of it. Even if a deal can be secured now, it will be paper thin and cover just the essentials. Whether a deal is done or not, this is a cliff-edge, just a question of how steep. And despite Johnson's ridiculous "Get Brexit Done" and "Oven-ready deal" slogans, this isn't the end of it whether a deal is done or not. This is just the start of years of talks to properly establish what the future trading relationship is between the UK and the EU.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #10849 on: Thursday, December 17, 2020, 09:03:02 »

Jesus Wept. Remember when Tory MPs and the right wing media were laying into Marcus Rashford for saying kids should be fed?

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-for-the-first-time-in-its-history-unicef-will-help-feed-kids-in-the-uk-12163515
Chunkyhair

Ignore
« Reply #10850 on: Thursday, December 17, 2020, 09:11:40 »

Jesus Wept. Remember when Tory MPs and the right wing media were laying into Marcus Rashford for saying kids should be fed?

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-for-the-first-time-in-its-history-unicef-will-help-feed-kids-in-the-uk-12163515

Fucking hell.  This Govt should hang it's head in shame.  But it won't. It has no shame.

Summed up by Starmers question at PMQ's yesterday - "He asks why Britain is, "the 6th richest country in the world" with "one of the highest numbers of Covid deaths in Europe" and the "deepest recession" in Europe".  Johnson's repsonse - "we are the first to roll out vaccines", not really answering the question

The last few years really make you proud to be British don't they (for the avoidance of doubt for any special Teffer's that is sarcasm)

No one kills a thread like me....

Ignore
« Reply #10851 on: Thursday, December 17, 2020, 12:56:36 »

People will blame it on those bloody foreigners or the remainers Vs brexiters. The working classes turning on each other when their attention should be on the extortionately wealthy who are manipulating the masses and cashing in. Still, keep voting Tory, suckers....
Chunkyhair

Ignore
« Reply #10852 on: Thursday, December 17, 2020, 13:01:36 »

People will blame it on those bloody foreigners or the remainers Vs brexiters. The working classes turning on each other when their attention should be on the extortionately wealthy who are manipulating the masses and cashing in. Still, keep voting Tory, suckers....

The question is - it is so blindingly obvious, so why the fuck don't people see it?  There is probably a PhD thesis in that question

No one kills a thread like me....
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #10853 on: Thursday, December 17, 2020, 13:33:29 »

Here, here.

Shameful, it really is. It’s a sad reflection of the other political parties that the current lot romped home with such ease at the last election, and no doubt they will do so again and again.

Oh well, at least we are getting ‘Brexit done’, eh? Tory Britain, what a place.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #10854 on: Thursday, December 17, 2020, 13:34:06 »

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/jacob-rees-mogg-unicef-ashamed_uk_5fdb40fbc5b6094c0fefbd40
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #10855 on: Thursday, December 17, 2020, 13:43:51 »

He really is the Christian Kostiuk of politics that fucking Victorian pencil.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #10856 on: Thursday, December 17, 2020, 13:49:01 »

Absofuckinglutely.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Flashheart

« Reply #10857 on: Thursday, December 17, 2020, 17:24:27 »

That's the sort of stuff Rees-Mogg comes out in public.

Imagine the stuff he says (and thinks) in private.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #10858 on: Thursday, December 17, 2020, 19:21:43 »

That's the sort of stuff Rees-Mogg comes out in public.

Imagine the stuff he says (and thinks) in private.
With the extent to which  (far) right views have been normalised in the uk in the last 4 years I fear the difference is not hugely different.

As with Johnson and Farage he has quietly been promoted as a figure of mirth but his hate has not been diluted.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #10859 on: Thursday, December 17, 2020, 19:42:41 »

With the extent to which  (far) right views have been normalised in the uk in the last 4 years I fear the difference is not hugely different.

As with Johnson and Farage he has quietly been promoted as a figure of mirth but his hate has not been diluted.
Have I Got News For You has got a lot to answer for
Pages: 1 ... 721 722 723 [724] 725 726 727 ... 881   Go Up
Print
Jump to: