Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: My Thoughts From Todays Events  (Read 3438 times)
STFC Village

« Reply #15 on: Thursday, July 7, 2005, 23:35:34 »

Quote from: "Kinky Tom"
Quote from: "STFC Village"
Quote from: "Amir"
the 2/300 who died September 11th
I think it was a few more than that......

Means Muslims killed, not the total killed.  That said, I'm not sure of the numbers involved myself.
Sorry, i'm being very slow on the uptake tonight Oops
Dazzza

« Reply #16 on: Thursday, July 7, 2005, 23:38:19 »

Cowards, the lot of them.  They think the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan were unfair because we stayed at a distance as much as possible, yet they pick on innocent people and think it is honorable.  And attacking London, there is a very good chance they killed muslims as well, same as the 2/300 who died September 11th.  

You will find justice, and you'll get no virgins I promise you.  If we are on this earth for a reason, then it is not killing.  Their interpretation of Islam is the most backwards it has been in it's existance, my only consolation in this is that I know they're wrong.  You will find only torment.

A couple of close mates both lapsed Muslims spoke to me a while back and said that in a lot of quarters they are seen by the Terrorists pretty much in the same way Westerners are.

The difference being is that Muslims are prime recruitment territory and Islam gives these groups an instrument and justification for their actions.

A campaign against oppressive Western Governments or a Jihad?  The latter certainly has a truer ring to it if you where looking for a cause.

Amir

« Reply #17 on: Thursday, July 7, 2005, 23:50:43 »

A couple of close mates both lapsed Muslims spoke to me a while back and said that in a lot of quarters they are seen by the Terrorists pretty much in the same way Westerners are.

Make you right that they would consider alot of muslims in the centre of London as legitimate targets.  Loads of young people from muslim backgrounds couldn't give a flying fuck about religion, they are about as islamic are we are Church of England.
flammableBen

« Reply #18 on: Thursday, July 7, 2005, 23:59:39 »

What scares me (and I think I said it on the other post as well) is that the likely backlash against muslims (we've already seen it a bit on this forum) is likely to drive a lot of, particuarly young, muslims to people who preach extremist views. When in reality all muslims are as inocent as the rest of us.
Nils

« Reply #19 on: Friday, July 8, 2005, 00:51:18 »

My instant reaction, ashamedly, was to rid England of fundamental religion, whether it be Muslim, Hinduism or Christianity, as I think it is ultimately a force which drives people to extreme acts (personal opinion - not a fan of religion).

I dont think this has anything to do with religion really. It is all political. Sorry if that sounds abrupt but I am christian (proper practising) but I wouldnt dream of doing anything like what we have seen today.

On a final note well done to the emergency services and all those who helped out. And to say that the families of the dead are all in our thoughts.
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Friday, July 8, 2005, 05:23:45 »

Quote from: "richard hatchard"

My instant reaction, ashamedly, was to rid England of fundamental religion, whether it be Muslim, Hinduism or Christianity, as I think it is ultimately a force which drives people to extreme acts (personal opinion - not a fan of religion).

I dont think this has anything to do with religion really. It is all political. Sorry if that sounds abrupt but I am christian (proper practising) but I wouldnt dream of doing anything like what we have seen today.

On a final note well done to the emergency services and all those who helped out. And to say that the families of the dead are all in our thoughts.

As politics often drives people to blow themselves up....  People who go to such extreme lengths are surely brainwashed as a result of fundamental religion - something which is a far cry from attending church once a week....

Personally, I see no realistic way of stopping disasters like this, which makes it all the more worrying.  It was horrible yesterday knowing people with relatives in London but unable to get through due to jammed phonelines.
faringdingdong

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Friday, July 8, 2005, 08:06:35 »

Cowards, the lot of them.  They think the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan were unfair because we stayed at a distance as much as possible, yet they pick on innocent people and think it is honorable.  And attacking London, there is a very good chance they killed muslims as well, same as the 2/300 who died September 11th.  

You will find justice, and you'll get no virgins I promise you.  If we are on this earth for a reason, then it is not killing.  Their interpretation of Islam is the most backwards it has been in it's existance, my only consolation in this is that I know they're wrong.  You will find only torment.

Well said mate.

We wanna go somewhere else. We're not threatened by people anymore. All our insecurities have evaporated. We're in the clouds now. We're wide open. We're spacemen orbiting the earth. The world looks beautiful from here, man.
Asher

« Reply #22 on: Friday, July 8, 2005, 08:44:32 »

Found out late last night that a mate from college was on the train in kings cross, she had to go to hospital due to minor cuts etc.  Shes very lucky but also extremely angry.  I may be called a racist but I believe this is a muslim problem, not all of them but the minority and if they want to regain our trust and respect the muslim community needs to sort this out before there is a huge up rising in young english people who will resort to turf wars.  I am not condoning it however I understand the anger amoung the english people.

Must say all my step family in london are part of the emergency services, many had been on night duty prior to this, and are now still at work.  Hearts of steel this country and I wouldnt change it for anything.  The pricks who did this will never win. Its time Blair stood up and was counted and get this country back to a 'we take no shit' nation
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Friday, July 8, 2005, 09:08:02 »

Quote from: "richard hatchard"

We are dealing with somethng that the west does not comprehend - whenever we have gone to war our sole objective it to return home alive and see our friends and family again - islamic extremist on other hand leave home with the intention of dying and taking out as many infidels as possible - you can't negotiate with that and it makes even the IRA appear to have morals - at least they gave warnings.

Religion is like a marketing banner for extremists, it has three effects, for some it justifies the cause, for others it gives a reason to support it but in all cases it's the one thing that seperates one group of people from another - take away religious difference and more countries would live in peace.
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Monday, July 11, 2005, 07:01:24 »

it was really sad to hear it from ibiza, felt completely detached from it and therefore didn't really think about it, of course being back and now knowing more..it is shocking, fucking terroists!  :x
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, July 11, 2005, 10:46:13 »

I'm in the thank God it wasn't a lot worse brigade.  I know it's a horrible thing to say, 50 odd deaths is dreadful, but in all seriousness it could have been a lot worse.

60 odd years ago thousands of deaths and thousands of bombs in London and other cities failed to extinguish the Great British spirit so this isn't gonna stop us from believing in our way of life.

I too, am a very proud, but angry, British person this week.
Spud

« Reply #26 on: Monday, July 11, 2005, 11:43:03 »

I was in Alcudia when i heard the news, very sad indeed but i was very proud at the way everybody came together to help each other out.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: