Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Town hold talks with ex-Magpie Ranger  (Read 30339 times)
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #120 on: Wednesday, August 14, 2013, 08:20:20 »

Until he's convicted or found innocent, I can't help but look at his poor goalscoring record
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Wednesday, August 14, 2013, 08:22:43 »

I love a good argument.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Wednesday, August 14, 2013, 08:26:50 »

This has been fun!!

Mildly embarrassing, but fun nonetheless....thanks

xxx
 Clap Wink

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Flashheart

« Reply #123 on: Wednesday, August 14, 2013, 08:27:23 »

Until he's convicted or found innocent, I can't help but look at his poor goalscoring record

2 in 51 for Newcastle according to wiki.

I know goal ratio doesn't always tell the whole story but fuck me, that is atrocious.
derbystfc

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Wednesday, August 14, 2013, 08:30:23 »

Hot Potato springs to mind on this one!
Amir

« Reply #125 on: Wednesday, August 14, 2013, 09:01:02 »

Could this be a light bulb moment for him?

Unfortunately, he's already had his light bulb moment, and that was when he decided what he really needed was a tattoo of his name on his face.

Let's face it, you need a modicum of intelligence to realise the error of your ways.

Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Wednesday, August 14, 2013, 09:22:09 »

I don't like it when mummy and Daddy fight...  Sad

Nmh, I understand your viewpoint- if we look at it financially and on the pitch, Ranger could be a good signing- his stats aren't great, but he's had a shit career, particularly at Newcastle, primarily because he's been on a massive wedge for doing nothing - see the Kieron Dyer effect). But if we look at the bigger picture, the 'community club' that Jedco is trying to build, then it's a fucking awful idea. The guy is a cock. A massive one. The kind that need some serious psychological help. Signing him will only reflect badly on the club. UNLESS:

1. It is made public that we are signing him on a bunch of clauses- making it clear that his performance on the pitch and in training, not his mere presence at the club, is linked to his wage.
2. It is made public that any misbehaviour on his part, through whatever means (Twitter/Facebook/ going on a forum and calling someone a dirty northern slag on benefits) will be accompanied by a severe fine and disciplinary action.
3. Above all, make it known that the only way he can get back into football with us is by abiding by these rules and any disagreement/conviction for a criminal offence will lead to an immediate termination of his contract.

If we make it clear that we are attempting to rehabilitate him, then some of the negative PR can be avoided. I don't hold out much hope,  what with the clusterfuck the club's PR has been since the board took over. If another club tables a bid he'll go with them, but I don't see that as a loss really. We might as well be 'the better man' in this situation.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Wednesday, August 14, 2013, 10:17:51 »

Unfortunately, he's already had his light bulb moment, and that was when he decided what he really needed was a tattoo of his name on his face.

Let's face it, you need a modicum of intelligence to realise the error of your ways.

yup
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #128 on: Wednesday, August 14, 2013, 10:57:05 »

I'd hate to think that if he is found guilty, an offer of a contract from STFC would lessen his sentence.
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Wednesday, August 14, 2013, 11:28:14 »

why would it???

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Wednesday, August 14, 2013, 12:23:56 »

Ha ha. Good read, love a tef tear up. Never knew flash was admin as his account never shows as online.
Flashheart

« Reply #131 on: Wednesday, August 14, 2013, 12:26:42 »

There's a 'log in as anonymous' thingamy. It's handy for lurking.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Wednesday, August 14, 2013, 12:28:24 »

His name is in red on the list of threads, if he's last to reply
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: