Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Austin hands in transfer request  (Read 33614 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Tuesday, January 18, 2011, 20:41:04 »

I heard that CA is a Mormon. Best to get rid.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Tuesday, January 18, 2011, 20:42:49 »

A largely depressing season after so much positive happened last year!

I thought Austin would stay until the end of the year and leave in the summer if we didn't get promoted but given the season we've had i can see why he has expressed a desire to leave now. Worth highlighting though that this is still rumour isn't it? Neither the club nor player have confirmed it yet.

Morrisons departure doesn't really bother me, made a little money and for my money cuthbert is the better player.

Players leave, it happens, it always will. What bothers me this year is we've not built on anything this season. After last years performance we should surely have been able to attract a couple more players of the Douglas/lucas/greer ilk that had such influence last year? We've instead invested quite heavily in young players. We need more experience! We must strengthen this window, yeah Ritchie has signed (another typical wilson player - small/technically good) but thats not what we need really is it!

I've very disillusioned at the moment and for most of this season. We're going backward. I trust Wilson, i think he's a good manager, and i hope he brings in what is necessary this window. If we finish where we are currently and avoid relegation, have we actually improved in the two years he's been here? we need progress, and thats not it. We know his targets this year, playoffs/3rd round fa cup and paint trophy final, he hit two last year and looks like hitting none this year.  
jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Tuesday, January 18, 2011, 21:03:40 »

imo he was always going to leave in the transfer window if we weren't pushing for promotion so although some might see it as leaving us in the shit, we've had more than enough time(2-3 months) to prepare for this. Lets just hope the powers that be predicted this and have something in the pipeline that'll give us something positive to post about.....5 new signings as a start would do :-D
by the way, I personally dont give a fuck whether he is allegedly a coke head, top shagger, big time charlie...the boy done good for us and maybe a few of our current squad could learn a few things from him ;-)
Moose

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Tuesday, January 18, 2011, 21:09:09 »

My only worry is that we still have to receive a bid that we deem acceptable, or else we've got a disaffected player on our hands for the rest of the season. We're all hoping for around £2million, but out of the known bids for him (Millwall and Hull), neither have been over £800k or so. I think Millwall bid £600k and then upped it to £800k with their second offer?! It just seems to me (being Mr. Negative) that other clubs have a far different value in mind than we do. £1.2million is alot of difference to make up in negotiations. If we split the difference we're only at £1.4million.

Bottom line I just hope it gets resolved ASAP and that it's not a 31 January job leaving us in the shit.
flammableBen

« Reply #169 on: Tuesday, January 18, 2011, 21:22:18 »

I'd like to thank this thread for pushing me over the edge to go buy the couple of bottles of wine I wanted but was resisting. Thanks Thread!
nochee

« Reply #170 on: Tuesday, January 18, 2011, 21:26:29 »

I'd like to thank this thread for pushing me over the edge to go buy the couple of bottles of wine I wanted but was resisting. Thanks Thread!

That my wed wine dwinking fwiend is a great idea, thanks.
flammableBen

« Reply #171 on: Tuesday, January 18, 2011, 21:28:22 »

I am internet high fiving you right now. Well maybe not a high five, they're a bit gay. Maybe a sexy internet smile.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Tuesday, January 18, 2011, 21:32:49 »

I predict plenty of wine as this will no doubt be a prolonged affair  Smiley
flammableBen

« Reply #173 on: Tuesday, January 18, 2011, 21:33:56 »

I'm not going to sober up until the Charlie situation is resolved. Or I've ran out of money.
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Tuesday, January 18, 2011, 21:35:20 »

Is it not worth a punt on Ward now?

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Tuesday, January 18, 2011, 21:38:19 »

From the very suspect Charlie32Austin Twitter account......

Thanks to all the Swindon fans for supporting me throughout my time at the club. However I've decided to hand in a transfer request because I feel that now is the right time to move in order to further my career. I've spoken with the chairman today & my future will be resolved over the next couple of weeks. In the meantime I'm still a Swindon Town player & will continue to give 100% for the cause as I have done all season.

I doubt its him. The picture in the background is of the clubs official twitter. I doubt Charlie Austin would use the same one as the club.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Thursday, January 20, 2011, 10:13:07 »

I doubt its him. The picture in the background is of the clubs official twitter. I doubt Charlie Austin would use the same one as the club.

Im off, fuck you would of been better.....

Hope he puts in a shift at Rovers IF he plays.

Clems Army!
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Thursday, January 20, 2011, 10:16:36 »

It seems Charlie agrees.

http://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/page/NewsHome/0,,10341,00.html
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: