Pages: 1 ... 429 430 431 [432] 433 434 435 ... 868   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1280012 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #6465 on: Wednesday, September 20, 2023, 21:10:05 »

Or flog someone to pay it off!

More likely - we don't actually have any insight into the terms of the deal they struck together.  The data points we have are that the Holding Co revalued the shares from a quid each to 1p each to enable Clem to dilute his shareholding.  The Memorandum and Articles of Association were amended, the shares were transferred and the Debentures were satisfied.  That's it.  Even the amount is not really a fact - just what was said.  It could be a loan, could be a mix of loan and share purchase, could just be a share purchase.  Nothing appears top have been secured against assets of STFC ( as far as has currently been updated on Companies House).
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #6466 on: Wednesday, September 20, 2023, 21:11:50 »

On the losses front - I reckon he may even be confusing Losses with Cash.  I wouldn't betting he is adding up the money he has to keep popping into the bank account to pay off debt - but that may not be trading losses.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #6467 on: Wednesday, September 20, 2023, 21:16:59 »

Fair play to Vic reading out the follow up question to the Eady money, saying it was a disgrace to Nigel Eady's memory or whatever the wording was.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #6468 on: Wednesday, September 20, 2023, 21:19:38 »

Or flog someone to pay it off!

Fucking hell I didn't even think of it that way.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #6469 on: Wednesday, September 20, 2023, 21:27:36 »

My take from tonight - Clem won’t be around much longer and he’s regretting buying the club (he didn’t say this but he does not seem the same “Clem” as the one who took over).

That's because someone took away his Season Ticket lorry/van and his bucket hat and parked it in Switzerland, next to a fleet of Mercs.

Looking forward to watching this on YouTube tomorrow.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, September 20, 2023, 21:42:48 by Bob's Orange » Logged

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #6470 on: Thursday, September 21, 2023, 06:36:48 »

- The story with the debentures changed a bit from "wow where did those come from" to "we knew about them and my lawyer told me they could bite".
If they knew about the debentures I'm confused why the three day scramble for cash

- It was early for CM, but the last line of this excerpt is strange...
"I didn’t realise there was a debenture, I realised there was a debenture but i didn’t realise that Andrew Black had sold it to AC and LP, i believe he bought it for £1m (roughly), don’t quote me. I spoke to the legal team, I said do we have to, are these debentures going to bite. He goes yeah, they are going to bite. Now i had £1.5m of my own money which i refinanced one of the properties to get that to sort out the debenture."

- The comms about the shares having been reclaimed but CM confirmed they're in the process of being reclaimed was another oddity.

- Karachi being part of an STFC academy search is another contradiction to previous "this is Zav's thing". Last night CM said it's nothing to do with Zav

- Clem not seeking investors but looking to get funding for the stadium revamp could be semantics or whatever you label partners, but i thought that was another perhaps uncharitable takeaway.

- the implication that doing the AB (as shite as it is IMO) is something CM/STFC don't need to do is odd. I'm relative sure both CM/STFC wrote it into their manifesto when taking over.

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #6471 on: Thursday, September 21, 2023, 06:44:17 »

Still none the wiser as to whether we are really losing 500k and how that's bridged.

Hey ho

I see you've made a friend on Facebook Batch!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Briggany

Ignore
« Reply #6472 on: Thursday, September 21, 2023, 06:52:30 »

Thought that was a bloody good and honest interview. Answered the questions to the best of his knowledge and was pretty blunt about things.

I was never personally worried about things but I could understand why others were, but to my mind he put most people's worries to bed. Could have worded a few things better but everyone's different so won't hold that against him.

Massive respect to Clem for doing that as it was almost guaranteed to start another frenzy of theories. He's never going to satisfy some people in the fanbase but ultimately he doesn't have to.

Without trying to offend any of you, I have come to realise that this forum has become an echo chamber in the last few years. I get why and you're all well entitled to you opinions but it seems that when a bit of common sense and logic is applied to try counter some of the crazy it's either ignored or they get called a "happy clapper".
« Last Edit: Thursday, September 21, 2023, 08:15:33 by Briggany » Logged
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #6473 on: Thursday, September 21, 2023, 07:19:21 »

The problem with flip-flopping over certain answers is that it points to untruths. It’s easy to remain consistent with your answers if you’ve always told the truth. When you say different answers to the same questions it’s because you can’t remember the fibs you’ve told before.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #6474 on: Thursday, September 21, 2023, 07:24:58 »

I see you've made a friend on Facebook Batch!

I am ian and so is my wite
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #6475 on: Thursday, September 21, 2023, 07:26:46 »

Thought that was a bloody good and honest interview. Answered the questions to the best of his knowledge and was pretty blunt about things.

I was never personally worried about things but I could understand why others were, but to my mind he put most peoples worries to bed. Could have worded a few things better but everyones different so won't hold that against him.

Massive respect to Clem for doing that as it was almost guaranteed to start another frenzy of theories. He'a never going to satisfy some people in the fanbase but ultimately he doesn't have to.

Without trying to offend any of you, I have come to realise that this forum has become an echo chamber in the last few years. I get why and your all well entitled to you opinions but it seems that when a bit of common sense and logic is applied to try counter some of the crazy  its either ignored or they get called a "happy clapper".

I have to agree with this, most people with differnt views don't bother posting now.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #6476 on: Thursday, September 21, 2023, 07:29:26 »

Haha. That’s not true in the slightest

Things get better but they never get good
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #6477 on: Thursday, September 21, 2023, 07:32:45 »

I know the Boris Johnson comparison has been made before, which is a touch unfair, but I do think that, on the evidence of last night, trying to hold Clem to his word is going to be a similar waste of time. He's absolutely all over the place.

I've joked before that press releases/announcements from the club read like either Clem or Zav has written them. Maybe they have! They clearly don't have a comms person in the building and I doubt a lawyer is checking them. The whole operation is chaotic.

The best thing about all of these recent shenanigans is that the Trust seem to have woken up. I'm going to take that win and frankly treat anything that comes out of the club as unverifiable noise.

I genuinely think we will have to wait for the Power/Standing lawsuit for anything else worthwhile to emerge.

Until then, unless we plough into another iceberg or that stupid concert materialises (some terrifying comments on that from Clem...), it is up Mike Flynn's Red and White Army.

bathford

Ignore
« Reply #6478 on: Thursday, September 21, 2023, 08:13:11 »

Ok, he was out of his depth. Who wouldn’t be?  He’s not a media guy, he’s not trained in communicating with a flash MBA from Harvard.

He’s an Aussie plumber going through a bad patch. Give the guy a fucking break.

Anyone seriously trying to screw us would have had scripted. multipurpose bland answers, not the response we had yesterday.

Has it done a bit Pete Tong?  Yes
Has he admitted so? Yes
Can it be sorted? We hope so
Have we any choice other than go with him? Absolutely none !

Bob1978

Ignore
« Reply #6479 on: Thursday, September 21, 2023, 08:27:35 »

Ok, he was out of his depth. Who wouldn’t be?  He’s not a media guy, he’s not trained in communicating with a flash MBA from Harvard.

He’s an Aussie plumber going through a bad patch. Give the guy a fucking break.

Anyone seriously trying to screw us would have had scripted. multipurpose bland answers, not the response we had yesterday.

Has it done a bit Pete Tong?  Yes
Has he admitted so? Yes
Can it be sorted? We hope so
Have we any choice other than go with him? Absolutely none !

Totally agree with that.
Pages: 1 ... 429 430 431 [432] 433 434 435 ... 868   Go Up
Print
Jump to: