Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Town turn down Flint offers  (Read 17290 times)
News Monkey

« on: Friday, May 17, 2013, 06:00:06 »

Town turn down Flint offers

SWINDON Town are keen to hang on to Aden Flint in the wake of interest from several Football League clubs.

http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/news/headlines/10425324.Town_turn_down_Flint_offers/?ref=rss

tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, May 17, 2013, 06:43:27 »

Gone
Stegenfreud

Say what now?

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, May 17, 2013, 07:07:48 »

Gone

On holiday?

simon FERRY cross the avon... do do.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, May 17, 2013, 08:41:43 »

If Benson is back in the fold, and we're to sign Rooney, then one of Collins or Williams has to go. My money would be on Collins as he'd command some sort of fee.

As far as Flint goes, at least the Board have got a bit of an auction going , so we may be able to get 300K for him.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, May 17, 2013, 09:10:43 »

Aggregate Reg?  Smiley
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, May 17, 2013, 09:29:17 »

'Every player has their price' is the quote!

#VivaKenBarlow!
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, May 17, 2013, 09:30:07 »

If the board are holding out for £300k for Caddis, then we would never get £300k for Flint.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, May 17, 2013, 09:31:38 »

Aggregate Reg?  Smiley

I'm not sure you get the gravelty of the situation.

Fredi has posted on this list, his/her latest take on matters, now most of it is fairly obvious interpretation of the scraps of evidence that we have  .....but the stuff about creditors is a worry. I've still got my list somewhere of all the creditors we had teh last time we went into admin...14 sides of dense A4.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, May 17, 2013, 09:34:06 »

If the board are holding out for £300k for Caddis, then we would never get £300k for Flint.

Think we paid £200k for Flint, when a non league player...he's clearly improved since then, I'd have thought we'd get 300K if itwent to tribunal.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Friday, May 17, 2013, 09:34:31 »

fredi says...
8:07am Fri 17 May 13

Ok, enough is enough. I do not know who feeds Sam the persistent misinformation, but I would hope that his editor's recent treatment by Mr Murrall has not scared him into merely becoming the mouthpiece for an unpleasant regime who see bully boy tactics as the best way to excuse their own behaviour and to ensure that the the lies that are told go unquestioned.

So rather than have the fans suffer death by a thousand cuts as a miserable summer of bad news unfolds ( we have suffered enough already this season, on and off the field), let me raise a few uncomfortable truths now so that they can be discussed openly on here, investigated properly by the media and hopefully pursued thoroughly by bodies such as the STFC Trust.

I will start with the players. Aden Flint is for sale. Nathan Thompson is for sale. Wes Foderingham is for sale. Any player with a monetary value is for sale. The club has an agent running round at present trying to offload the high wage earners and secure transfer fees where possible. Interestingly, the players' agents are all dealing direct with the Club's real owner Lee Power - for how long is Jed going to deny he sold the club to Power and Crouch months ago, as correctly reported on local radio ?

Initially I was going to ignore the "introductory fee" Jed secured from Power on the basis it was outside the Club's books, a good bit of business for Jed, fair play to him. But his claim in the truly pathetic answers to the Trust's questions, that all he has got for his hard work and investment is a "headache", will be hard to swallow by most hardworking Town fans. Combined with the "consultancy fees" taken out in the first few weeks, Jed has trousered over £250k, the sort of migraine most of us would put up with. And his "investment"? Still a round number - zero. Waving a piece of paper in front of us at that meeting is hardly proof of anything - the only investment into the club remains Power's £1.2m loan and that is all but spent.

Hence the Club's critical financial state once more. It will not survive the summer without proper investment or the sale of every saleable asset. Trade creditors are being ignored - I know of at least two who are initiating legal proceedings to get what they are owed and another served a winding up order on the Club recently. Perhaps Mr Murrall can explain why it is considered appropriate business practice to pay "consultancy" fees to the directors on taking over, out of club cash flow, in preference to creditors who have been owed money for months ? Simple question, let's have an answer. And once and for all, can we put an end to the myth that the Club will raise more than a million pounds this summer from concerts at the CG ? This is our Board's so called area of expertise, so let's hear their amusing logistics of how this is going to happen in the three months that remain before next season. Any dates set ? Any acts booked ? Any council/police etc permissions sought ? Any advertising booked, tickets for sale ? Do the Board think we are all stupid ?

One person must be exonerated from any blame. KMac has behaved stoically throughout all this and so nearly got the Wembley trip he and the players deserved. He has been properly shafted by this Board and is powerless to affect what goes on. He has no idea which players will be here next season and can make no plans. What is happening preseason ? This is a football club for goodness sake. Does the Board have any strategy going forward ? Would they care to tell us ? And a final question - does everyone understand now what asset stripping is ?”

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Friday, May 17, 2013, 09:45:54 »

That sounds less than ideal. I want to not believe a word of it but I'm struggling.

Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Friday, May 17, 2013, 09:48:09 »

I want to not believe a word of it but I'm struggling.

Likewise. Especially the bit about creditors going unpaid.

Now, where did I put my orange hat?
DRS

« Reply #12 on: Friday, May 17, 2013, 09:56:43 »

If true why wont he talk to Sam?
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Friday, May 17, 2013, 10:03:38 »

So who do we want to believe? Some anonymous poster on thisis or the board that stepped in when no-one else would to rescue STFC from the jaws of administration?

Yeah, me too. Andrew Black you've got a fuck of a lot to answer for.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Friday, May 17, 2013, 10:04:52 »

It's a lot of hassle to type all that, and is well written.

I would ask why is he doing it, but if he does know more why does he not talk to Sam Morshead?

His posts are like the board- an unknown entity.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: