Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Williams wants fans to return  (Read 15626 times)
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Sunday, November 4, 2012, 21:58:39 »

I was fanatical in the 90's (even went to away friendlies), but the Quinn era killed it for me and I stopped going for a couple of years. The addiction's back but I have a wife and two kids to think about now, so can only really attend home games and the very occasional away game.
This is very similar to me, although swap the wife for husband.  

Me, my dad and eldest son have season tickets, so attend all home games.  I don't tend to bother with cup games tbh unless it's against a higher opposition team or there's something riding on it (JPT semi as an example) because of the extra cost.  Same goes for away games, I really only go to ones reasonably local or of paramount importance.  I love away games, but again it's too expensive with travel for me and my son and not fair on my youngest to disappear for the whole day.
I missed yesterday and like Batch wasn't bothered.  My son on the other hand suddenly made a fuss about missing it and went with my dad.  

For those that don't have season tickets, £25 is quite an outlay, particularly with a cluster of home games together.  I can fully understand if people think twice when it's freezing cold and our home form isn't great.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Monday, November 5, 2012, 18:00:57 »

This is very similar to me, although swap the wife for husband.

Shocked Well that's an interesting offer.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
JanTheMan

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Monday, November 5, 2012, 19:41:40 »

It always amazes me that those attending nearly every game don't have other things to do at the weekends, some things that you just have to do but maybe don't want to (the misses friends/family weddings feature highly on this list) and some things that you'd quite frankly rather do.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #93 on: Monday, November 5, 2012, 20:04:19 »

I'm not really sure who anyone is trying to convince here.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Monday, November 5, 2012, 20:32:52 »

It always amazes me that those attending nearly every game don't have other things to do at the weekends, some things that you just have to do but maybe don't want to (the misses friends/family weddings feature highly on this list) and some things that you'd quite frankly rather do.
I've cut right back on away games since I met my other half, that's the compromise. So I've got some weekends with her and some at football. I don't have any other hobbies or real interests, just Swindon and I'd definitely prefer to watch them than go shopping, gardening, decorating etc. Everyone's got priorities, maybe I'm more selfish than some.

It's All Good..............
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Monday, November 5, 2012, 21:17:31 »

I've cut back on home games rather away ones since general life activities meant I couldn't go every week.

Ill go to any away game within a reasonable distance as I find the whole experience more enjoyable than a bog standard home game.
Spud

« Reply #96 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2012, 04:42:02 »

Spud wants Williams to have a fucking shot.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: