Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Di Canio new Town boss  (Read 15626 times)
News Monkey

« on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 10:00:02 »

Di Canio new Town boss

Swindon Town have appointed Paolo Di Canio as their new manager.

http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/news/headlines/9039530.Di_Canio_new_Town_boss/?ref=rss

MelkshamRED

« Reply #1 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 10:46:00 »

Now let's be serious Di Canio is a very bad appiontment, there's a 50/50 chance that he will be good, and if he is good he will leave which he has already come out and said.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 10:49:54 »

Where as any other candidate who turns out to be half decent would have stayed until 2020 and booked us a Champion's League place.  Get real.  Good managers do a job, and then move on.  Like Hoddle did.

And by the way, I think your figures are wrong.  I'd say it's more 62/38 that he'll be good.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 10:51:08 »

You cant say it's bad we don't know either way yet. What it does do is give us a high profile and a manager with passion. I'm 100% behind this appointment, couldn't be better.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #4 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 10:54:00 »

You cant say it's bad we don't know either way yet. What it does do is give us a high profile and a manager with passion. I'm 100% behind this appointment, couldn't be better.

This
dell returns

« Reply #5 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 10:54:09 »

Need to give 100% support.

Good decision by the board financially, bound to sell a few more season tickets than originally expected after relegation.

Looking forward to next season.
bassett boy

we will overcome

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 11:11:55 »

Oh well i will give a 100% to PDC if he is gone at the end of the season then hopefully he has brought success to the club
RJack

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 11:15:17 »

Now let's be serious Di Canio is a very bad appiontment, there's a 50/50 chance that he will be good, and if he is good he will leave which he has already come out and said.

Oh dear another post without any substance. Did you come to this conclusion when Hoddle, Macari & Ardiles was appointed?

Any manager that is successful at this club will move on, we're all ambitious and Di Canio is no different. Why don't you wait and see how he does before writing him off? Just a thought
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 11:25:51 »

You're The Wizard aren't you ?
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #9 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 11:30:18 »

Bet he has a wizard sleeve of an asshole.
RJack

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 11:51:03 »

Interesting a few people i've spoken to today who lapsed their season ticket at the end of the season have now said that they'll probably renew now Di Canio is manager. 

Some are saying that they'll only renew if the board drop the season ticket prices are dropped back to early bird prices for a few days as they can't afford the price at the minute.

I wonder how much a season ticket sale influx we'll get now

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 11:52:08 »

Some are saying that they'll only renew if the board drop the season ticket prices are dropped back to early bird prices for a few days as they can't afford the price at the minute.

That would be a pretty difficult thing to do IF they have sold a few at the current price.

Encouraging though.
RJack

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 11:58:30 »

That would be a pretty difficult thing to do IF they have sold a few at the current price.

Encouraging though.
Fair point.  I managed to get mine done just before the end of April which was good but i know some of the people I know couldn't renew at the time because of the timings of the early bird
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 12:07:02 »

Fair point.  I managed to get mine done just before the end of April which was good but i know some of the people I know couldn't renew at the time because of the timings of the early bird

Absolutely agree, there was little time to pay after the announcement for early bird deadline was made.

I just can't see them refunding N people who have paid since early bird discount.
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 12:13:50 »

It would be very difficult for them to do.

In fairness, even at these "Phase 2" prices ours must be amongst the cheapest season tickets in the league, hardly extortionate to have to pay 250-300 quid.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: