Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 ... 84   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Questions for the Advisory Board  (Read 145416 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #525 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2023, 09:57:57 »

Quote from: The Million Pound Man
Swindon fan in me naturally worries theres more to it and something major (bad) is happening in the background.

what possible previous experiences as a town fan would make you think that.

oh yeah 😁
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #526 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2023, 11:05:57 »

ST renewals are just around the corner too, keeping fans in the dark now isnt going to play out well for that marketing push.

Hopefully these are just innocent mistakes that will be learnt from going forward, the Swindon fan in me naturally worries theres more to it and something major (bad) is happening in the background.

Best case scenario is admin has been working hard lining up a whole load of excellent content to announce the SL departure, inform fans on reasons for the delay, explain progress in new manager search and push Saturday's game hard, all starting this afternoon.

We'll see.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #527 on: Tuesday, January 17, 2023, 11:34:32 »

latest minutes.

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2023/january/club-releases-january-advisory-board-minutes/

Who asked the question about tippy tappy football?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #528 on: Tuesday, January 17, 2023, 11:35:48 »

New minutes up

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2023/january/club-releases-january-advisory-board-minutes/

Particular highlights from supporters questions include why are the players still taking the knee and why were there no players at the christmas carol service
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #529 on: Tuesday, January 17, 2023, 11:52:28 »

New minutes up

Particular highlights from supporters questions include why are the players still taking the knee and why were there no players at the christmas carol service

Cheers.

Couple of queries for the Trust really...

Now the voting thing has finished when will it be possible to open up for members again as I would suggest now is a good time to encourage people to join. Plus also note that 'The details of how to obtain shares in the Trust and the County Ground are online and a brochure will also be produced for any who cannot access online.' where is this, can't find it on the website?

I JBZelieve We Will Win
JBZ reborn

Ignore
« Reply #530 on: Tuesday, January 17, 2023, 14:35:05 »

Particular highlights from supporters questions include why are the players still taking the knee

ffs
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #531 on: Tuesday, January 17, 2023, 14:57:59 »

ffs

Exactly my reaction when i read it, whoever sent that in obviously has nothing else to worry about
JanAirplaneMan

« Reply #532 on: Tuesday, January 17, 2023, 15:12:21 »

Cheers.

Couple of queries for the Trust really...

Now the voting thing has finished when will it be possible to open up for members again as I would suggest now is a good time to encourage people to join. Plus also note that 'The details of how to obtain shares in the Trust and the County Ground are online and a brochure will also be produced for any who cannot access online.' where is this, can't find it on the website?

Thanks for questions.. will try and answer below:

1. We are working on re opening the membership part on the new website, we will launch the CG society share purchase at the same time as re-opening up the membership as both go hand in hand, we expect this to occur in a few weeks and will update fans on this. We are just finalising all plans for this. But it wont be too long.. :-)

2. The brochure is due to go to the printers soon and in upcoming home games Trust board members will issue these to fans. Again watch our socials on this.

3. The details of the County Ground purchase and vote result are online on our new website truststfc.com, as well as the structure of the deal and FAQs, there is a typo in the AB notes saying the mechanism to purchase shares is online, this should have read "The ability to purchase shares will follow soon on the new website". Apologies for the misunderstanding here.

thanks
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #533 on: Tuesday, January 17, 2023, 15:34:27 »

Cool, cheers!

Final question (for now Wink ), which has probably been covered elsewhere in the past. In terms of the £2.3m purchase price, is this being wholly funded by the Nigel Eady Trust at least upfront to complete in July and if so I assume that the Supporters Trust will then reimburse them via the proceeds of share sales and the club via the pockets of Clem?

No more questions your honour.  Cheesy
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #534 on: Tuesday, January 17, 2023, 16:12:39 »

Exactly my reaction when i read it, whoever sent that in obviously has nothing else to worry about

I didn't even realise they did, I  wait for all the pre match shenanigans to be finished before I get in the ground.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #535 on: Tuesday, January 17, 2023, 16:13:48 »

I didn't even realise they did, I  wait for all the pre match shenanigans to be finished before I get in the ground.

You time things very well. They literally do it 10 seconds before kickoff.
JanAirplaneMan

« Reply #536 on: Tuesday, January 17, 2023, 16:44:18 »

Cool, cheers!

Final question (for now Wink ), which has probably been covered elsewhere in the past. In terms of the £2.3m purchase price, is this being wholly funded by the Nigel Eady Trust at least upfront to complete in July and if so I assume that the Supporters Trust will then reimburse them via the proceeds of share sales and the club via the pockets of Clem?

No more questions your honour.  Cheesy

Not a problem, happy to help

Your right the Nigel Eady trust will fund the full £2.3M, its likely this may be completed as a single transaction earlier than July but yes we have until July to complete the full payment to SBC.

The Nigel eady Trust in paying for the CG are in essence then funding the CG purchase through the Joint Venture (JV), which is owned 50/50 between STFC and the Trust. That money does not need to be repaid.

Any additional money put in via Clem and the Trust (through fans buying shares/additional contributions on top etc) will then go towards the urgent works needed to develop and refurbish the CG. There is at least £1m of work needed immediately to address various lack of maintenance issues for example, and then there are the costs of the redevelopment of the ground.

I hope that makes sense? shout if you have any further questions

Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #537 on: Tuesday, January 17, 2023, 16:49:39 »

So any money raised by the Trust from members doesn't actually buy the ground (which is already bought by the Eady Trust and effectively donated to the Trust/Club through the medium of the CGJV), it essentially becomes a "CG Improvements and Maintenance War-Chest", right?

(Which is fine by the way)
Hyabb17

Ignore
« Reply #538 on: Tuesday, January 17, 2023, 16:49:45 »

Not a problem, happy to help

Your right the Nigel Eady trust will fund the full £2.3M, its likely this may be completed as a single transaction earlier than July but yes we have until July to complete the full payment to SBC.

The Nigel eady Trust in paying for the CG are in essence then funding the CG purchase through the Joint Venture (JV), which is owned 50/50 between STFC and the Trust. That money does not need to be repaid.

Any additional money put in via Clem and the Trust (through fans buying shares/additional contributions on top etc) will then go towards the urgent works needed to develop and refurbish the CG. There is at least £1m of work needed immediately to address various lack of maintenance issues for example, and then there are the costs of the redevelopment of the ground.

I hope that makes sense? shout if you have any further questions

Sorry, so that it’s clear as I may have miss read what was said, the Nigel Eady trust are paying for the CG in full & then it’s owned jointly between the club & trust?

I wasn’t aware that was the case if so, as long as the ground is protected which I guess it will be under the agreement all is good.

Thanks
« Last Edit: Tuesday, January 17, 2023, 17:03:50 by Hyabb17 » Logged
JanAirplaneMan

« Reply #539 on: Tuesday, January 17, 2023, 18:54:36 »

Sorry, so that it’s clear as I may have miss read what was said, the Nigel Eady trust are paying for the CG in full & then it’s owned jointly between the club & trust?

I wasn’t aware that was the case if so, as long as the ground is protected which I guess it will be under the agreement all is good.

Thanks

Correct, but the trust 50% we will then sell shares in to fans, all monies will then go towards the renovation of the CG
all of which is protected.
If the money wasn't being provided by the Eady trust then it would take all involved much longer to purchase the CG and undertake the redevelopment.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 ... 84   Go Up
Print
Jump to: