Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Franchise Offical Matchday Thread  (Read 39195 times)
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Saturday, August 15, 2009, 17:11:57 »

Poor showing from Town really, we just didn't look interested.

Lescinel and Macklin were totally off the pace, and there was no service to the forwards all day. JPM played very well coming back and going forward, and Douglas put in plenty of tackles. The strikers had no service today - Paynter and Obladi Oblada had no chance of doing anything with constant long balls over their heads.

Hope Lewington's ok. Don't like the guy but you never want to see serious injuries. It was a bit of a comedy moment though - they both went in hard for a header, Paynter ducked out of the way and they took each other out.
lambourn red

« Reply #106 on: Saturday, August 15, 2009, 17:12:27 »

What a load of shit,

Lucas 7 - Look commanding when he came for corners and is a great talker , nearly gifted them a goal near the end but other than that looked solid.
Morrison 6- He is very slow and gets turned easily hopefully he will get better but I still would have kept Ifil as first choice
Greer 6 - again very slow but his positioning gets him out of trouble .
Amankwah 5 - his distribution is shocking at times and went walkabout a couple of times
Lescinel 5 - ditto of above
Douglas 7 - got stuck in and looks to play it simple
Timlin 5 - looked out of sorts today his final ball was poor a lot of the time
JPM 8 - Worked tirelessly in midfield and looked to be the only one trying
Mcnamee  5- poor final ball time and time again and 20 step overs when a shot first time would of been the best option
Macklin 5 - his first touch is awfull but he tries to get back he loses the ball but as mcnamee no end product
Paynter 7 - felt sorry for Billy won header after header first half but there was no cox running onto them, difficult when playing as lone man if you have pace but when you dont have it is almost impossible.

Subs
Obrien 5 - first touch was poor at times and again the end product is not their
Tope 5 - Tried hard but the service he got was shocking

We only strung 5 passes together on two occasions during the 90 minutes the rest of the time is lumped up in the air. Hopefully this is not what we are going to get served up every week otherwise it will be a long season.
« Last Edit: Saturday, August 15, 2009, 17:25:44 by lambourn red » Logged
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Saturday, August 15, 2009, 17:12:49 »

....oh and the highlight of the game for me was when Franchise made a double subtitution after the head clash.

they announced Sol Davis was coming on as the 6ft plus black darren powell came on...

our sols changed a bit!!!
flammableBen

« Reply #108 on: Saturday, August 15, 2009, 17:17:56 »

Listening on the radio I have to say that the highlight of the whole affair was...

The half time tune.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Saturday, August 15, 2009, 17:27:28 »

JPM MOTM by a country mile today.  He was everywhere, always challenging for the ball and really working hard.  Credit to him today.

Team wise it was a pretty lacklustre performance and as someone mentioned earlier, it appeared that they almost cancelled each other out.

Billy did well seeing as though he still has no strike partner, however needs more support.

Macklin seemed to have an awful first touch and also appeared to be too lightweight, getting knocked off the ball several times.  I was hoping he would be brought off at half time to be honest.  I guess he needs to toughen up a bit if hes going to make the cut.

Lucas I thought did well and commanded his area well, although in all fairness, he didnt have much to do at all.

Back 4 looked ok with Greer winning plenty of headers however Morrison still worries me.  I think some time to settle and he'll be ok.  Certainly looked more solid.

JP was the star of the show in midfield today.  I thought Douglas did ok, but not up to his best yet, think he just needs games and time to settle.  McNamee can be one lazy little sod at times.  If I was DW, I would have brought him off toward the end and stuck on Marshall just to let him know that there is competition for his place.

O'Brien is quick as anything but didn't really have time to get into the game.  Temitope didn't really get stuck in at all but seeing as he only met his new team mates yesterday, it would be unfair to judge yet.  He wasn't far off scoring a header though.

Overall, it was a bit boring, scrappy and neither team looked like they had much about them but i'll take a point and clean sheet from a team who are favoured to be chasing promotion this year.

Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Saturday, August 15, 2009, 17:30:10 »

Just a bore draw really. Neither side looked like scoring and winning the game. We lacked a creative edge and they played for the point. Good to see us get a clean sheet though. I thought we were OK really just need that cutting edge in the final third and we'll be a good side.
JOHNNY REEVES

« Reply #111 on: Saturday, August 15, 2009, 17:33:09 »

yawn
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Saturday, August 15, 2009, 17:35:55 »

Second time ever, we've failed to score in the opening 2 league games...the other being the T*dd season (nb I'm discounting 39/40 as  Hitler made it a bit pointless)

Like the T*dd season we did at least manage a point....not exactly a surprise though that we look a bit toothless...there is still time to get in a bit of potency up front.

It could be a long old season...
glos_robin

« Reply #113 on: Saturday, August 15, 2009, 17:38:42 »

Today just highlighted we desperately need an attacking midfielder and a striker. Of the current midfield only McGovern and Douglas deserve their place. Timlin is a waste of time as really he's just a not so good version of Douglas and McNamee had one of his lazy days. Macklin definitely isn't ready either so a lot of hard work still do for us.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Saturday, August 15, 2009, 17:39:48 »

Did anyone else think that MK were "by far the better side"?  According to Ince they were but quite frankly, I don't share that view whatsoever... neither team were up to scratch IMO.
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Saturday, August 15, 2009, 17:43:01 »

Just came back from the game and was pleasaently surpirsed with Town,

Was the first game in ages where i felt comfortable with the defence, and the addition of Douglas has added the solidity in front of the back 4.

Up front we lacked that cutting edge.

Cant see Franchise having a promootion challenge based on that showing.

glos_robin

« Reply #116 on: Saturday, August 15, 2009, 17:44:13 »

Did anyone else think that MK were "by far the better side"?  According to Ince they were but quite frankly, I don't share that view whatsoever... neither team were up to scratch IMO.
Ince is just the same twat he's always been getting stroppy on the sidelines all game. The MK players, management and board are just a bunch of arrogant cunts.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #117 on: Saturday, August 15, 2009, 17:44:58 »

Second time ever, we've failed to score in the opening 2 league games...the other being the T*dd season (nb I'm discounting 39/40 as  Hitler made it a bit pointless)

Like the T*dd season we did at least manage a point....not exactly a surprise though that we look a bit toothless...there is still time to get in a bit of potency up front.

It could be a long old season...

Yes but under Macari in our record setting championship season in 85-86 which we set a league record (at the time) points total of 102.... we started with 2 league defeats and only scored 1 goal in those 2 games a 1-0 home defeat to Wrexham and a 4-1 loss at Hereford.

We went on a shit run of 2 wins in the first 8 games, 5 defeats, 1 draw and 2 wins (both by a single goal and neither were clean sheets), with 1 clean sheet from those 8 games and we only scored 6 goals yet conceded 14.

The season is a fucking long way from being over already.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Hammer

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Saturday, August 15, 2009, 17:51:26 »

jesus christ. wish I'd gone to the gay thing in the town gardens.

Yeah. Why mess about in a dark alley in Old Town late at night when you can sit in the sun in the Town Gardens ?
flammableBen

« Reply #119 on: Saturday, August 15, 2009, 17:52:42 »

eh?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: