Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: BBC Wilts Phone In ....  (Read 58261 times)
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Saturday, August 3, 2013, 09:07:46 »

"In for planning" may just be a term used to say "we are discussing with the council the best way forward for getting planning permission" which is a whole different ball game than actually "in for planning permission"!  Interpretation of words can be a mine field at times, especially when you want to be seen to be doing something positive - a good politician's trick (and a lot of people fell for it at the last election).
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: Saturday, August 3, 2013, 09:25:28 »

I don't know enough about the planning permission thingy and I don't know what discussion was had with KMAC. If it transpires he is lying then he is an arse.

Who the fuck said Hoddle is coming?

You did and i want a forfeit if he doesn't! Smiley

Clems Army!
Flashheart

« Reply #212 on: Saturday, August 3, 2013, 09:31:26 »

Um, riiiiiight.

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Saturday, August 3, 2013, 13:08:39 »

I was listening in the car and got funny looks.....constantly shouting fuck off at the dash.....

What fucks me off is they expect us to swallow this bullshit.

Glenn Hoddle....roof on the Bank....Kevin asked me for a meeting and we sat down and he said ' it's not for me!'........fuck off...all bullshit...

At the moment we are all disillusioned and narked..... we start getting dicked and it start to get nasty.
agree. I'd add the players not fitting style of played as more bullshit too.
Think we got some thruth last night,some half truths, some questions dodged, and some lies too. Usual football interview fayre
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Saturday, August 3, 2013, 13:16:39 »

agree. I'd add the players not fitting style of played as more bullshit too.
And the "Name doesn't fit any other number" thing about TAH.
Think we got some thruth last night,some half truths, some questions dodged, and some lies too. Usual football interview fayre
Absolutely. As you say, about standard for any interview with any chairman/manager/player.
fatbasher

« Reply #215 on: Saturday, August 3, 2013, 13:23:29 »

"In for planning" may just be a term used to say "we are discussing with the council the best way forward for getting planning permission" which is a whole different ball game than actually "in for planning permission"!  Interpretation of words can be a mine field at times, especially when you want to be seen to be doing something positive - a good politician's trick (and a lot of people fell for it at the last election).

And the last three before that.

WRT  stadium development...

This board have not got two brass farthings to rub together. As for developing the bank, ha fucking ha. When the bank is full every game then maybe but why would you want to spend upwards of £500k for a cosmetic overhaul and roof when the away support can just sit/stand for £20-25 as it is?

There will be NO stadium development as SN1 until we are established in the championship. So are Jed with his smoke and mirrors mates/consortium/investors the ones with shed loads of cash to do it?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Saturday, August 3, 2013, 21:16:49 »

Any development of a ground requires serious financial support from banks/sponsorship etc.  Even Black wasn't going to fund a ground development, that's why we are no further forward because the financial markets fell to pieces.  it will probably be a good couple of years before sufficient interest can be found again to support such a project.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: Saturday, August 3, 2013, 22:42:30 »

Out of interest are there regular instances of clubs not giving players on their books a squad number? Even if it's abundantly clear the club don't want them, isn't there a possibility that by not giving them a squad number it could open up further claims for unfair treatment/constructive dismissal.

Jed's said nothing in that interview which makes me trust him anymore.  I'm with the others that think he's full of shit.  Will be very interested to see if indeed we get a statement about Power on Thursday and if so, does it clarify what people want to know?
« Last Edit: Saturday, August 3, 2013, 22:44:23 by joteddyred » Logged
cheltred69

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: Saturday, August 3, 2013, 23:33:22 »

Interestingly, the Peterborough programme's listing of our squad included all 4 excluded players.  They also has few other numbers wrong but I'm guessing it was an earlier version of the numbers to be allocated that must have been supplied by STFC.
This had Caddis with number 12 and the others with higher numbers.  Also has Troy with 15!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Sunday, August 4, 2013, 13:02:56 »

I find it a bit odd (but not surprising) that Jed talked so much about formations, style of play, philosophy and players like Benson being left out because they don't fit the system.

Taking into account we don't even have a permanent manager officially then what the fuck has it got to do with Jed? If Benson has just been left out for football reason (which I don't think is true) the new manager might have a completely different formation and philosophy and style of play.

That to me indicates the manager has and will have specific instructions as to who and how to play, whether that's from Power or Spurs.....that's the conclusion I draw from it anyway....
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Sunday, August 4, 2013, 13:24:43 »

So we may have a first team coach, as opposed to a manager. Am I the only one who's not really bothered? If the football's attractive and reasonably successful I'm not that concerned who pulls the strings (as long as the puppeteer isn't from North London).

It's All Good..............
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: Sunday, August 4, 2013, 13:30:17 »

I watched the documentary about the fall and rise of Swansea city and their philosophy is that every manager they appoint has to buy into playing the way the owners want to see the game played.

Not sure what this means for buying and selling players but it's not an alien concept.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: Sunday, August 4, 2013, 13:32:10 »

So we may have a first team coach, as opposed to a manager. Am I the only one who's not really bothered? If the football's attractive and reasonably successful I'm not that concerned who pulls the strings (as long as the puppeteer isn't from North London).
English football seems to be the last bastion for the omnipotent manager yet there are numerous PL clubs which operate with a DoF handling transfers allowing the manager (essentially a senior first team coach in all but name) to concentrate solely on preparing the players at his disposal for the forthcoming match. If this is the route we want to go down then keeping Cooper makes sense as he offers us continuity having worked with this group of players from the business end of last season through to the Peterborough game yesterday. The issue then shifts from the  terminology used to describe the bloke who waves his arms on the touchline and does post-match interviews to the man operating in the shadows in an acknowledged DoF role.

STFCFORLIFE

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: Sunday, August 4, 2013, 13:32:55 »

I'm bothered, I'm sure many others are too, why would you want someone on the board possibly pulling all the strings and telling the manager what players to sign, what formation to play and who to play? the manager should be responsible for bringing HIS own players in, selecting HIS formation and tactics and playing HIS chosen team.

I can't say for definite that Power is doing all this, but it's my opinion that he is because it comes across that way and then Jed wonders why the fans haven't praised Power and he's only going to get people criticising him unless there's definite confirmation of his involvment which is what Thursdays statement might be about, however I wouldn't hold your breath.

I wouldn't put it past Tottenham having a big influence either but it's our club, I'd rather ditch the Spurs link completely then be told what to do at our club but again no one knows anything for certain, some of it is pure guess work and down to opinions.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: Sunday, August 4, 2013, 13:37:45 »

Not in the slightest.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: