Pages: 1 ... 189 190 191 [192] 193 194 195 ... 203   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new, new manager thread. Thread closed.  (Read 280245 times)
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #2865 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 09:37:52 »

It’s the fact that both Scotts were up for following Garner to Charlton. It’s not as if he was remaining loyal.

Only hope that the reasons aren’t - we couldn’t get anyone better and his move to Charlton got kiboshed along the way so he might as well stay.

And it’s bollocks to state he knows the club and players ergo he’ll do well. I wasn’t a fan of Garner so replacing him with Garner Lite fills me with dread. Plus, if those players who are, hopefully, still undecided about whether to pen a new deal or not are just underwhelmed as a lot of fans, chances are this will make their minds up.

Still, mustn’t grumble!
I guess, that if we couldn't get anybody (for whatever reason) then it would be a good job we have convinced Lindsey and Marshall (potentially) to stay. That would be better perhaps than someone else in Lindsey's position at another club stepping up into the role?

To be clear: I would prefer someone with a proven track record. I would prefer a manager and a coach rather than a 'data monkey' plus U23 coach. I would also prefer my team to be able to attract players that would take us on a Macari-esque rise through the leagues. But, I don't see that happening.

Lets see what happens!

P.S. Not picking on your posts Audrey. You just make some points that I try to look at in another way.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #2866 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 09:43:09 »

Been told it is indeed Scott Lindsey. Hmm.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #2867 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 09:44:19 »

Probably the most underwhelming appointment in Town history…
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #2868 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 09:45:43 »

It’s the fact that both Scotts were up for following Garner to Charlton. It’s not as if he was remaining loyal.

Just to pick up on that point, but was it actually confirmed that the 2 Scott's initially wanted to go to Charlton with Garner? I might be remembering things incorrectly but wasn't it reported that Charlton/Garner wanted all 3, but surely if the 2 Scotts actually wanted to go to Charlton that would have surely happened?

Or was it that Charlton already had the coaches in place and so the 2 Scotts were out on a limb and decided to apply for our managerial role?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #2869 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 09:47:12 »

John Gorman, Andy King (although didnt turn out too bad), Paul Hart, Luke Williams and John Sheridan were far from ideal!

We have form is what I'm saying!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #2870 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 09:49:41 »

Wellens and Garner were also 'underwhelming' for many fans
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #2871 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 09:51:18 »

What's this?  Huh?

https://twitter.com/SwindonClub/status/1538431456141361152?s=20&t=alalsZ4dd494mIZHHz4uLg
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #2872 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 09:52:32 »

Just to pick up on that point, but was it actually confirmed that the 2 Scott's initially wanted to go to Charlton with Garner? I might be remembering things incorrectly but wasn't it reported that Charlton/Garner wanted all 3, but surely if the 2 Scotts actually wanted to go to Charlton that would have surely happened?

Or was it that Charlton already had the coaches in place and so the 2 Scotts were out on a limb and decided to apply for our managerial role?
Didn’t our Trust ‘ITK’ say we negotiating with Charlton over compensation?

On the face of it a highly questionable appointment and raises alarm bells for me if it is him.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #2873 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 09:52:59 »

Conflicting or what😀

So, give no fucks
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #2874 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 09:55:47 »

This is not aimed at you, but most recent post to quote.

Long and short no one on here (or Facebook or Twitter) has a clue of the precise ins and outs of what has ben going on. Lindsey could have been first choice he could of been 21st choice, he could have been offered it over the weekend, he could have ben offered it 2 weeks back, if Charlton asked to speak to him it may not have happened due to his being first choice to replace Garner or because Charlton didn't offer enough cash... etc etc etc.

Garner was apparently useless, yet got 2/3rd (at best) of a hastily assembled squad to the play offs, now if this wasn't down to Garner (who remember is apparently useless) then who was it down to, perhaps it was down to Lindsey?

So its going to be another year when a proportion of the fan base have an ingrained problem with the manager, I can't wait.  
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #2875 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 10:03:28 »

On the face of it a highly questionable appointment and raises alarm bells for me if it is him.
They did, i hope whatever happens that this is a lesson for the Trust as fans expectations and understanding of timelines this last few weeks has all come from things posted by trust members in my opinion.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #2876 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 10:07:31 »

Roll Eyes
Roll Eyes

Emotional incontinence. You know next to nothing about coaching and have never seen Lindsey in action.

Get behind whoever is appointed or get help.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #2877 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 10:11:35 »

Get behind whoever is appointed or get help.

Nah, this isn't on. Don't be that guy.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #2878 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 10:12:59 »

It’s funny because it’s true.

Repeating what I said yesterday, if Power had made this appointment there would have been uproar.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #2879 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 10:14:02 »

It’s funny because it’s true.

Repeating what I said yesterday, if Power had made this appointment there would have been uproar.
100% agree, need some decent signings on the back of this to get fans back onside
Pages: 1 ... 189 190 191 [192] 193 194 195 ... 203   Go Up
Print
Jump to: