Pages: 1 ... 188 189 190 [191] 192 193 194 ... 203   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new, new manager thread. Thread closed.  (Read 280196 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #2850 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 08:57:43 »

This Lindsay thing has spiralled out of control based on bookies odds, that have been wrong multiple times at the point of them taking them down.

I haven't seen anyone give it any more credence than that, outside our collective willingness as stfc fans to expect the cheap and unexpectacular appointment.

May I be the absolute first to say "Lindsey, it's Lindsey"? Cheesy
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #2851 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 09:03:55 »

Always had a thing for Lindsay. Not just because she was bionic!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #2852 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 09:05:42 »

Always had a thing for Lindsay. Not just because she was bionic!

Couple of great points you make NMH!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #2853 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 09:06:06 »

The birds you would but really shouldn't😀

So, give no fucks
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #2854 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 09:11:02 »

Whoever it is will have my 100% support. And if it is Scott Lindsey, then we've had a better chance to evaluate him than any other candidate. Let's give the new guy a chance and stop with the negativity can we?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #2855 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 09:13:39 »

Whoever it is will have my 100% support. And if it is Scott Lindsey, then we've had a better chance to evaluate him than any other candidate. Let's give the new guy a chance and stop with the negativity can we?

It would be quite amusing if Lindsey was actually the brains behind the operation and Garner tanks at Charlton without him. To be honest we have no other option but to give him a chance, obviously with all the reservations that come with appointing a new manager. He won't have been very many people's first choice, that's for certain.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #2856 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 09:14:53 »

This, absolutely.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #2857 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 09:16:47 »

It would be quite amusing if Lindsey was actually the brains behind the operation and Garner tanks at Charlton without him. To be honest we have no other option but to give him a chance, obviously with all the reservations that come with appointing a new manager. He won't have been very many people's first choice, that's for certain.

If that's the case what's gone wrong as every time the Swindon job has come up since the 80's we've always been told there's been an abundance of applicants with previous new managers always stating that Swindon is a big job.

So, give no fucks
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #2858 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 09:17:49 »

If that's the case what's gone wrong as every time the Swindon job has come up since the 80's we've always been told there's been an abundance of applicants with previous new managers always stating that Swindon is a big job.

What do you mean what's gone wrong?

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #2859 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 09:19:16 »

What do you mean what's gone wrong?

If it's Lindsey he wouldn't have been their 1st, 2nd, 3rd choice etc

So, give no fucks
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #2860 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 09:24:49 »

If it was always an internal transfer then surely it would have been wrapped up weeks ago? Thought it was stated they were interviewing several candidates?
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #2861 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 09:24:55 »

If it's Lindsey he wouldn't have been their 1st, 2nd, 3rd choice etc

It's all speculation really. Obviously we heard Crofts had (possibly) turned us down and I don't think it's unreasonable to speculate that others might also have turned us down. As for why that happened? Who knows, not I!

As I said before, lets see what the club say about the appointment. I'm sure some might be spin but we should give them a chance to explain why they have come to their decision.

Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #2862 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 09:29:53 »

Either way i'll support the new guy and base any opinions on future perfromances.

However, they will really have to do some spin on this one. It will fail to get any fan excited about next season. It will look cheap (even if it isn't), which doesn't help with rumours. He's hardly a young coach taking the step up either.

My own personal fear with all this is how much the new structure with a Technical Director that has no footballing background, has affected the type of candidate we would get.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #2863 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 09:30:24 »

It’s the fact that both Scotts were up for following Garner to Charlton. It’s not as if he was remaining loyal.

Only hope that the reasons aren’t - we couldn’t get anyone better and his move to Charlton got kiboshed along the way so he might as well stay.

And it’s bollocks to state he knows the club and players ergo he’ll do well. I wasn’t a fan of Garner so replacing him with Garner Lite fills me with dread. Plus, if those players who are, hopefully, still undecided about whether to pen a new deal or not are just underwhelmed as a lot of fans, chances are this will make their minds up.

Still, mustn’t grumble!
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #2864 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 09:30:35 »

The birds you would but really shouldn't😀
What, because she's 72 now?   Girl Giggle

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 190 [191] 192 193 194 ... 203   Go Up
Print
Jump to: