Pages: 1 ... 187 188 189 [190] 191 192 193 ... 203   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new, new manager thread. Thread closed.  (Read 282174 times)
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #2835 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 08:33:32 »

Are there many examples where an assistant has become the main man at the same club, where it has gone well? For us i can only think of bad examples, Williams, Gorman.

I always think assistants making that transition is fine, but they need to change teams when they do it.

Cooper gave us our best season in nearly 20 years before it went to shit

Things get better but they never get good
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #2836 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 08:34:55 »

It will be interesting to see how long his contract is

So, give no fucks
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #2837 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 08:35:23 »

thing is Bob, people will make their own minds up about what took so long for an internal promotion.

don't confuse us with the facts, our mind is made up.

before the inevitable shit storm I'll say you have to give the guy a chance, but it feels very Luke Williams.

When he proves that wrong I'm sure such protestations will be swiftly forgotten. Hopefully that's how it goes.

I will make no apologies for a more emotional response later.

Completely fair statement Batch and I totally understand. I want to hear what the club say/how they spin it. Rob Angus must understand as a supporter himself that promoting a 50 year old assistant manager, who has never himself been a manager, into the top gig after an inordinate period of time is bound to get alarm bells ringing.

It makes me think that the club kit shenanigans with Clem in the shop, DJ etc was fast tracked in order to try and get the fans onside before today's announcement. The fact they ran out of kit perhaps supports this.

I'll always give a new manager a chance but there is huge pressure on Lindsey to start the season well, otherwise it's going to get ugly and goodwill is going to go down the toilet. It does scream 'cheap and cheerful'.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #2838 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 08:37:19 »

Completely fair statement Batch and I totally understand. I want to hear what the club say/how they spin it. Rob Angus must understand as a supporter himself that promoting a 50 year old assistant manager, who has never himself been a manager, into the top gig after an inordinate period of time is bound to get alarm bells ringing.

It makes me think that the club kit shenanigans with Clem in the shop, DJ etc was fast tracked in order to try and get the fans onside before today's announcement. The fact they ran out of kit perhaps supports this.

I'll always give a new manager a chance but there is huge pressure on Lindsey to start the season well, otherwise it's going to get ugly and goodwill is going to go down the toilet.   

This largely. He could well be the right choice, but it doesn't send a lot of positive vibes.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #2839 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 08:37:26 »

thing is Bob, people will make their own minds up about what took so long for an internal promotion

If this is the case, I may have to cancel my sock retrieval machine, as I fear they will not on fact be blown off.

Good luck Scott (If it is indeed you).  Have a plan b in games, and more than one out and out striker, and you'll win some friends early on.
« Last Edit: Monday, June 20, 2022, 08:41:22 by donkey » Logged

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #2840 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 08:37:30 »

a 50 year old assistant manager, who has never himself been a manager, into the top gig

That's not quite fair, he was manager of the mighty Chatham Town (Isthmian South East) until he joined us.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #2841 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 08:38:20 »

So has he been appointed yet or not?
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #2842 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 08:42:59 »

If this is the case, I may have to cancel my sock retrieval machine, as I fear they will not on fact be blown off.

Good luck Scott (If it is indeed you).  Have a plan b in games, and more than one out and out striker, and you'll win some friends early on.

players recruitment becomes even more important now doesn't it? Hopefully he has learnt from Garner's mistakes and is able to implement and improve what Garner did. It's a brave appointment whatever happens. Wonder if it'll be Marshall as assistant or we might go down the positive PR route and stick Caddis or Simon Cox in there?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #2843 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 08:45:26 »

Or suprise us all and appoint Matty Taylor as manager with Lindsey or Caddis his assistant😀

So, give no fucks
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #2844 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 08:46:22 »

This Lindsay thing has spiralled out of control based on bookies odds, that have been wrong multiple times at the point of them taking them down.

I haven't seen anyone give it any more credence than that, outside our collective willingness as stfc fans to expect the cheap and unexpectacular appointment.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #2845 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 08:46:57 »

Scott Lindsey, eh?

Bob1978

Ignore
« Reply #2846 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 08:51:04 »

Well if it is Linsey I don't think he's any less qualified than Delaney (who has been a youth coach all career and then sacked).
Garner must rate Lindsey + not necessarily cheap(est) option because we are turning down compo from Charlton to keep him (if it is him). To be honest I don't care who it is anymore just someone.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #2847 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 08:54:58 »

So has he been appointed yet or not?

Not officially until later today probably, but I heard the same as Bob last night, hence my Brace yourselves comment. It's definitely doing the rounds, and not only based on betting patterns.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #2848 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 08:55:17 »

FGR Fan 'Very popular at our place and the better half of our duo with Cooper. Think he did alright in the non-league job he took after returning from some time out due to bereavement.'

Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #2849 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 08:57:15 »

So when the club do the official announcement (might be done at 2am to mitigate negative comments on Twitter!) will we be opening a new thread with the manager's name and consign this thread quiet until October? (jokes!)

Pages: 1 ... 187 188 189 [190] 191 192 193 ... 203   Go Up
Print
Jump to: