Pages: 1 ... 179 180 181 [182] 183 184 185 ... 203   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new, new manager thread. Thread closed.  (Read 282133 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #2715 on: Saturday, June 18, 2022, 21:24:56 »

am I right in thinking that the season after we lose in the playoffs is always utterly shit?..

1989 - 1990 was the last time we lost in the play offs but actually did better the following season.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #2716 on: Saturday, June 18, 2022, 21:29:30 »

Kingy, Wilson, McDonald & Cooper all with losing play off campaigns and worse seasons there after.

Perhaps we would have been better off finishing 8th last season …
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #2717 on: Sunday, June 19, 2022, 03:57:15 »

Scott Lindsey straight in to 2nd fav behind Delaney.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #2718 on: Sunday, June 19, 2022, 03:57:49 »

Scott Lindsey straight in to 2nd fav behind Delaney.

Not for me😂

So, give no fucks

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #2719 on: Sunday, June 19, 2022, 04:03:13 »

Be funny, though. All this time supposedly making sure we get the right man and it ends up being someone we already employ!

Would be very Luke Williams-ish - and, of course, very inexpensive.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #2720 on: Sunday, June 19, 2022, 04:13:03 »

Agreed it would ironic if he did get the job after 3 weeks of speculating😀

So, give no fucks
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #2721 on: Sunday, June 19, 2022, 05:12:13 »

Shit will hit the fan if that happens. Outrage from supporters.

If they hypothetically do want to go down that route, they MIGHT have got away with it had they appointed one of the scotts immediately after Garner left. Could've tried a wishy washy statement about how they want to keep the core principles in place, continue with the philosophy and culture within the club. Bla bla bla. Some would've bought it.

But yeah, it's too late now.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #2722 on: Sunday, June 19, 2022, 05:39:17 »

Might try and sweeten the deal with Caddis - but, yeah, it would smack heavily of being unable to attract anyone else.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #2723 on: Sunday, June 19, 2022, 06:59:53 »

Hang on a minute....

We are heading into the week the players come back and are doomed because we haven't got a head coach the season after we made the play offs. The players are all going to leave because we are ripping up last year's DoF, manager and coaching team.

We wouldn't be happy for one of the main coaches to step up into a 'head coach' position (where he is responsible for coaching and not some of the responsibilities of a manager). That would be desperate and cheap? Instead, we want some 'name' that doesn't know the club, the players and the rest of the staff and facilities. We want them because they must obviously be better as they have featured in betting odds and have done different jobs elsewhere.

Right! Got it!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
A.N.Other

Ignore
« Reply #2724 on: Sunday, June 19, 2022, 07:22:29 »

Hang on a minute....

We are heading into the week the players come back and are doomed because we haven't got a head coach the season after we made the play offs. The players are all going to leave because we are ripping up last year's DoF, manager and coaching team.

We wouldn't be happy for one of the main coaches to step up into a 'head coach' position (where he is responsible for coaching and not some of the responsibilities of a manager). That would be desperate and cheap? Instead, we want some 'name' that doesn't know the club, the players and the rest of the staff and facilities. We want them because they must obviously be better as they have featured in betting odds and have done different jobs elsewhere.

Right! Got it!

If we were considering Scott for the role, we would still want to review all others and keep the kettle boiling until the exercise is completed. the exercise is to find a replacement within the salary budgeted. seems a good option to me esp. as he will know how we did what we did last year and continue the good work garner began!
mozalini

Ignore
« Reply #2725 on: Sunday, June 19, 2022, 07:39:32 »

Bet Victor have now suspended the market so I expect that all the speculation will soon be over.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #2726 on: Sunday, June 19, 2022, 07:42:30 »

As they did with Michael Carrick!

Latest odds on bettingodds.com
Delaney 6/4
Lindsey 8/1
Caddis 10/1
Ferguson 10/1
« Last Edit: Sunday, June 19, 2022, 07:46:48 by Jimmy QuitMoaning » Logged

So, give no fucks
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #2727 on: Sunday, June 19, 2022, 07:45:16 »

Darren Ferguson moved down to 10/1, think he would be a good appointment myself.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #2728 on: Sunday, June 19, 2022, 08:48:03 »

Might try and sweeten the deal with Caddis - but, yeah, it would smack heavily of being unable to attract anyone else.

You could look at it that way or you could look at it that we have gone through the proper interview process, gone through due diligence etc and deemed after weighing up the pros and cons that he's the best man for the job.

Obviously the fact that Crofts allegedly turned us down does strengthen your argument somewhat. I suspect it might be somewhere in the middle whereby we aren't willing to push the boat out for a 'top class' candidate like Mason/Carrick (probably unrealistic anyway) and so if we are going for continuity have now decided to go for Lindsey, which would make sense.

I also think Darren Ferguson might be worth a shout, has done pretty well at Peterborough taking them to their ceiling. We are aspirationaly looming at them as a club blueprint and he was working under Barry Fry as DOF so cab think of worse candidates.
« Last Edit: Sunday, June 19, 2022, 09:03:57 by Bob's Orange » Logged

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #2729 on: Sunday, June 19, 2022, 09:25:07 »

Maybe that’s the hold up.

We want Scott Lindsey and are agreeing compensation with Charlton for him…
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 181 [182] 183 184 185 ... 203   Go Up
Print
Jump to: