Pages: 1 ... 177 178 179 [180] 181 182 183 ... 203   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new, new manager thread. Thread closed.  (Read 282488 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #2685 on: Saturday, June 18, 2022, 16:56:13 »

Hypothetical scenarios

How much would a league 2 manager be on £80k maybe? Say we offered Delaney the job but he wanted £100k per annum would Clem break the wage structure to seal the deal. Similarly with any potential coaches he may want to bring we may offer them 40k but they may demand 60k.

I would take an educated guess that these are the dilemmas chairman must face. Do we break the bank or move on to the next on the list hence no stone unturned!

The problem with the Delaney’s of this world is they’re probably on more at a PL Academy then they’d get at L2 level. So they have to decide that if they have the self confidence they’ll be a success then they could progress beyond the L2 wage ceiling. For some, that chance is a chance worth taking - others not.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #2686 on: Saturday, June 18, 2022, 17:05:32 »

The problem with the Delaney’s of this world is they’re probably on more at a PL Academy then they’d get at L2 level. So they have to decide that if they have the self confidence they’ll be a success then they could progress beyond the L2 wage ceiling. For some, that chance is a chance worth taking - others not.

Let's not forget Agents as they can sometimes get in the way of negotiations!

So, give no fucks
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #2687 on: Saturday, June 18, 2022, 17:07:52 »

Fair point but Delaney is unemployed currently
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #2688 on: Saturday, June 18, 2022, 17:21:10 »

Of course! Good point.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #2689 on: Saturday, June 18, 2022, 17:22:51 »

Maybe Delaney has other coaching offers to consider

So, give no fucks
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #2690 on: Saturday, June 18, 2022, 17:33:58 »

Fair point but Delaney is unemployed currently
But his old colleague Michael Beale wants him as head of the academy at QPR having worked closely with him at Villa for the last 6 months, this from several sources on a few QPR forums FWIW. So Auds points are indeed valid.

If he wants a job with pressure and likes a risk at the expense of wages (probably) or if he wants a cushy academy job on (probably) higher wages in the Championship with no pressure to get results then they are very valid points.

Maybe he doesn't want that pressure?

Maybe he prefers working with kids?

Maybe he hasn't applied?

Maybe he turned us down?

Maybe he isn't even interested in us?

Maybe we cant afford his wages anyway?

Lots of maybes.

To me though he sounds worth a punt if hes cheap enough, eager enough and actually wants the job, although at 46 he may not want that pressure after 15 years academy coaching. Although his background does sound very similar to Kevin MacDonalds appointment after he had spent 17 years as Villas reserve manager.

I would be happy with Delaney anyway.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #2691 on: Saturday, June 18, 2022, 17:36:14 »

I think Caddis might be somewhere around and involved in the club next season. Don't think that's too far fetched. Even if he joins peacock in the yoof setup or something. If the Scott's go we could replace them with the Scots of Caddis and Ferry  Cheesy
Ferry has taken up his first managerial role already.

Sent from my CLT-L09

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #2692 on: Saturday, June 18, 2022, 18:23:49 »

Hypothetical scenarios

How much would a league 2 manager be on £80k maybe? Say we offered Delaney the job but he wanted £100k per annum would Clem break the wage structure to seal the deal. Similarly with any potential coaches he may want to bring we may offer them 40k but they may demand 60k.

I would take an educated guess that these are the dilemmas chairman must face. Do we break the bank or move on to the next on the list hence no stone unturned!

football has always baffled me in terms of manager salary v player salary and the huge imbalance.
its a little chicken and egg but surely the manager position is one of the most important positions at a football club.

at elite level you can find players that can be on £250- 500k per week being managed by jose mourinho (as an example) a £100k per week manager. no wonder the players rule the dressing room

you would never really find this scenario in any normal job where the management are vastly unpaid to the other employees.

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #2693 on: Saturday, June 18, 2022, 18:38:36 »

football has always baffled me in terms of manager salary v player salary and the huge imbalance.
its a little chicken and egg but surely the manager position is one of the most important positions at a football club.

at elite level you can find players that can be on £250- 500k per week being managed by jose mourinho (as an example) a £100k per week manager. no wonder the players rule the dressing room

you would never really find this scenario in any normal job where the management are vastly unpaid to the other employees.

Players are just more in demand I guess. Clubs have one manager but 30+ senior pros.

Plus the players will bring a lot more income into the club via sponsorship & merchandise sales.
Just as an example City have signed Haaland - how many extra shirts and shirts with name and number on the back has that signing alone made? Not to mention maybe an increased part time following in Norway because…

That alone would be more additional income than Pep probably brings in, in several years
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #2694 on: Saturday, June 18, 2022, 18:55:37 »

Stevenage have just made their 7th signing.

We don't even have a manager. It's passed the twitchy stage now.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #2695 on: Saturday, June 18, 2022, 19:15:09 »

It's what Evans does it dosen't mean their any good!

So, give no fucks
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #2696 on: Saturday, June 18, 2022, 19:25:42 »

Stevenage have just made their 7th signing.

We don't even have a manager. It's passed the twitchy stage now.
Oh no not Stevenage! How many players have they snatched from us?!

Sent from my CLT-L09

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #2697 on: Saturday, June 18, 2022, 19:37:01 »

Oh no not Stevenage! How many players have they snatched from us?!

Sent from my CLT-L09

It was more of a reference to how teams are shaping up their squads already for pre season whilst we don't even have a head coach.

But if you want to downplay Stevenage go ahead. Are you suggesting under our current regime we'd blow them out of the water if competing for a player?

Dan Sweeney has just joined them. He won the league with FGR in a possession system. Their other signings are pretty solid too.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #2698 on: Saturday, June 18, 2022, 19:40:32 »

We'll finish above Stevenage next season.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Formerly Drummer Boy

Ignore
« Reply #2699 on: Saturday, June 18, 2022, 19:41:13 »

It was more of a reference to how teams are shaping up their squads already for pre season whilst we don't even have a head coach.

But if you want to downplay Stevenage go ahead. Are you suggesting under our current regime we'd blow them out of the water if competing for a player?

Dan Sweeney has just joined them. He won the league with FGR in a possession system. Their other signings are pretty solid too.

Stevenage recruitment has been pretty decent to be fair. Would consider them a playoff contender on the face of it

I used to be that kid with the drum in the Nationwide and Town End - Be nice to me or I'll tell my Mum Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 177 178 179 [180] 181 182 183 ... 203   Go Up
Print
Jump to: