Pages: 1 ... 176 177 178 [179] 180 181 182 ... 203   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new, new manager thread. Thread closed.  (Read 280224 times)
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #2670 on: Saturday, June 18, 2022, 13:08:16 »

Well I can confirm that as of Thursday evening, Caddis hadn't spoken to anyone at the club since his interview nearly 2 weeks prior.  He was not expecting to get the job.

Interesting as Andrew Hawes, who was his commentary partner most away games this season, said Caddis has definitely spoken to the club. This was on SDM OSC live
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #2671 on: Saturday, June 18, 2022, 13:10:22 »

Interesting as Andrew Hawes, who was his commentary partner most away games this season, said Caddis has definitely spoken to the club. This was on SDM OSC live

He has - he had an interview a week last Monday, but he has heard nothing back since then, not even a thank you but no thank you.  He drove down from his home just for the interview.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #2672 on: Saturday, June 18, 2022, 13:20:13 »

Always feel for clubs in this situation. Not just Caddis but if they didn't even acknowledge him regarding an interview they would get shit for that.

In regards to Caddis specifically, i would like to see him go for it after a few years coaching experience even if that's here then move up.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #2673 on: Saturday, June 18, 2022, 13:26:02 »

Always feel for clubs in this situation. Not just Caddis but if they didn't even acknowledge him regarding an interview they would get shit for that.

Agreed, but it was Clem that asked him to come down for the interview.  A thanks but no thanks isn't too much to ask for, so that he can move on to other opportunities.

In regards to Caddis specifically, i would like to see him go for it after a few years coaching experience even if that's here then move up.

Agree 100%

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #2674 on: Saturday, June 18, 2022, 13:36:17 »

It’s normal in recruitment to not let candidates know they’ve failed until a new hire is agreed?

Things get better but they never get good
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #2675 on: Saturday, June 18, 2022, 13:40:36 »

He has - he had an interview a week last Monday, but he has heard nothing back since then, not even a thank you but no thank you.  He drove down from his home just for the interview.

Apologies, read your post as if Caddis hadn’t been spoken too.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2676 on: Saturday, June 18, 2022, 13:43:22 »

the trialist games are the best ones.

not sure I can be arsed with the Cardiff types though
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2677 on: Saturday, June 18, 2022, 13:48:17 »

Quote from: Bogus Dave
It’s normal in recruitment to not let candidates know they’ve failed until a new hire is agreed
fify

no need for a question mark
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #2678 on: Saturday, June 18, 2022, 14:13:06 »

fify

no need for a question mark
What the hell is fify  Smiley
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #2679 on: Saturday, June 18, 2022, 14:18:01 »

Agreed, but it was Clem that asked him to come down for the interview.  A thanks but no thanks isn't too much to ask for, so that he can move on to other opportunities.

Agree 100%
I am sure they will once it's done. He should be thanking them anyway, lucky to get an interview with 6 months experience  Wink
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #2680 on: Saturday, June 18, 2022, 14:22:01 »

Sometimes it would be nice to go back to pre-internet times in situations like this.

I remember in 1989 i'd been on holiday, got back, checked Ceefax and saw Ossie Ardiles had been appointed manager. Living away from Swindon i had no access to local media so that came completely out of the blue for me. No constantly checking for updates etc.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #2681 on: Saturday, June 18, 2022, 14:31:33 »

What the hell is fify  Smiley

Fixed it for you Pint

So, give no fucks
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #2682 on: Saturday, June 18, 2022, 14:33:10 »

Sometimes it would be nice to go back to pre-internet times in situations like this.

I remember in 1989 i'd been on holiday, got back, checked Ceefax and saw Ossie Ardiles had been appointed manager. Living away from Swindon i had no access to local media so that came completely out of the blue for me. No constantly checking for updates etc.

Ceefax was magical😀

So, give no fucks
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #2683 on: Saturday, June 18, 2022, 16:27:24 »

Hypothetical scenarios

How much would a league 2 manager be on £80k maybe? Say we offered Delaney the job but he wanted £100k per annum would Clem break the wage structure to seal the deal. Similarly with any potential coaches he may want to bring we may offer them 40k but they may demand 60k.

I would take an educated guess that these are the dilemmas chairman must face. Do we break the bank or move on to the next on the list hence no stone unturned!

So, give no fucks
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #2684 on: Saturday, June 18, 2022, 16:42:00 »

I think Caddis might be somewhere around and involved in the club next season. Don't think that's too far fetched. Even if he joins peacock in the yoof setup or something. If the Scott's go we could replace them with the Scots of Caddis and Ferry  Cheesy
Pages: 1 ... 176 177 178 [179] 180 181 182 ... 203   Go Up
Print
Jump to: