Pages: 1 ... 172 173 174 [175] 176 177 178 ... 203   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new, new manager thread. Thread closed.  (Read 280273 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #2610 on: Saturday, June 18, 2022, 08:01:36 »

Tbf, most thought Garner had bought into the ‘project’.

Surely, the most important thing is the best person possible not someone who may be inferior but likes the project a bit more.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #2611 on: Saturday, June 18, 2022, 08:03:21 »

If we get a new man in on Monday it still won’t sit right with me about how we’ve gone about it - especially the stuff about people being ready to go just as soon as Garner was sorted. Why the bullshit. We had enough of that with Power.

That line about people ready came from a chap from the Trust. I think that little snippet of information (which has proven to be incorrect) has got peoples hopes up and added to the frustration and perception of being misled.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #2612 on: Saturday, June 18, 2022, 08:03:47 »

Back onto the manager, I think we will end up with our first choice again for some reason. Not seen any of the names linked get other jobs yet. I'll be shocked if new guy wasn't announced any day now

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #2613 on: Saturday, June 18, 2022, 08:04:24 »

Very true and I'm just doing the same I suppose, I just find it mad how the flippancy of figures etc gets banded around and then gets compared to the power era. The club explained last week the legal situation and as it stands the compo for the others clearly hasn't been done. To accuse the club of being no different to the power era I thinks the bit that is wrong, I apologise for personal insults though there was no need for that. It was a flippant comment but you are right, no need
I’m in no way comparing Clem et al to Power. I still can’t understand how the compo for Scott x 2 impacts on announcing which players may or may not have signed or re-signed.

Not even sure how it prevents employing a new Head Coach, tbh.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #2614 on: Saturday, June 18, 2022, 08:06:15 »

I guess most knew it but I found it interesting to read what Angus said about the 2 Scotts still under employment at STFC. I'm sure if Charlton really wanted both of them they would pay the asking price? (which can't be a King's ransom surely)

Then of course you get the new candidates that possibly will want their own staff, are they being put off by having our coaches in place? Angus' words don't suggest anyone being appointed imminently unfortunately.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #2615 on: Saturday, June 18, 2022, 08:08:04 »

Yeah wasn't helpful, I think the club do need to have a word with a few who have not helped through this process. I'm a huge fan of the trust but they can't be posting things like that and now people like that being cryptic... Angus and Morfuni are going about it the right way and having to field complaints etc on here and elsewhere based on what other people are saying
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #2616 on: Saturday, June 18, 2022, 08:12:02 »

Yeah wasn't helpful, I think the club do need to have a word with a few who have not helped through this process. I'm a huge fan of the trust but they can't be posting things like that and now people like that being cryptic... Angus and Morfuni are going about it the right way and having to field complaints etc on here and elsewhere based on what other people are saying

I think that was also the criticism made by the guys on the LS Pod that the Trust has to be seen to be as an individual entity rather than an extension of the club. Don't think James Spencer and others on the Trust took that very well.

I guess the term loose lips sink ships has come to pass here a little.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #2617 on: Saturday, June 18, 2022, 08:12:23 »

I guess most knew it but I found it interesting to read what Angus said about the 2 Scotts still under employment at STFC. I'm sure if Charlton really wanted both of them they would pay the asking price? (which can't be a King's ransom surely)

Then of course you get the new candidates that possibly will want their own staff, are they being put off by having our coaches in place? Angus' words don't suggest anyone being appointed imminently unfortunately.
I don’t think it’s just the compo for those 2, though. Charlton already have coaching staff which, I presume, will have to be paid off as well.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #2618 on: Saturday, June 18, 2022, 08:15:16 »

Did Swindon actually report that £80,000 compensation had been agreed?  Surely if he had 2 more years left on his contract you would want double the figure that's been quoted otherwise you wouldn't agree to him leaving

Leaving no stone unturned could also mean we're starting to get desperate and running out of options!

So, give no fucks

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #2619 on: Saturday, June 18, 2022, 08:20:32 »

Total Sport reported it. I suppose you either believe them or not. Negotiating compo is different from a specific buy out clause. Obviously both clubs were happy with the amount.

Charlton fans are also wondering what’s happening with the 2 Scotts.

And that fella from the South London Press has reported there is no substance to Louis Barry going on loan there. Someone reckons 1 of our players is joining Garner - might be Conroy, though.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #2620 on: Saturday, June 18, 2022, 08:34:38 »

Total Sport reported it. I suppose you either believe them or not. Negotiating compo is different from a specific buy out clause. Obviously both clubs were happy with the amount.

Charlton fans are also wondering what’s happening with the 2 Scotts.

And that fella from the South London Press has reported there is no substance to Louis Barry going on loan there. Someone reckons 1 of our players is joining Garner - might be Conroy, though.

I think Barry might be going to Franchise. Conroy or Jack Payne I'd imagine might be the player they allude to (if that is indeed true)

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #2621 on: Saturday, June 18, 2022, 08:39:44 »

So, if was a choice of losing Payne or Reed, which one would you pick?
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #2622 on: Saturday, June 18, 2022, 08:45:30 »

Payne as Reed is younger

So, give no fucks
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #2623 on: Saturday, June 18, 2022, 08:53:34 »

So, if was a choice of losing Payne or Reed, which one would you pick?

That question is like being told you are being killed but have to choose drowning or being suffocated.

Both are hugely important players, and both are key to making the side tick. It's literally 50/50 but if pushed I'd keep Reed.

Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #2624 on: Saturday, June 18, 2022, 08:53:38 »

Hearing from a few places that the new man is now done, don’t know who it is, but that must be positive news for a potential announcement on Monday.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Pages: 1 ... 172 173 174 [175] 176 177 178 ... 203   Go Up
Print
Jump to: