Pages: 1 ... 162 163 164 [165] 166 167 168 ... 203   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new, new manager thread. Thread closed.  (Read 280216 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #2460 on: Thursday, June 16, 2022, 12:42:04 »

Indifferent to it. About what I expected, a youth coach with no head coach track record and just have to wait and see.

How much difference in footballing terms is there between being a youth coach and a head coach when DoF/TD etc do a large part of what was the traditional managers role now?
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #2461 on: Thursday, June 16, 2022, 12:49:17 »

How much difference in footballing terms is there between being a youth coach and a head coach when DoF/TD etc do a large part of what was the traditional managers role now?

Good question. Probably not a lot.

Which makes it confusing as to who should take the majority of the flak if and when things go tits up. I think the set up can work, but I much prefer a manager to decide his backroom staff of coaches and scouts to take certain roles because then everyone knows where they stand.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #2462 on: Thursday, June 16, 2022, 12:52:34 »

I still think the backroom staff is probably causing a bit of an issue. I spoke with someone yesterday who thinks we are still negotiating with Charlton for the 2 Scotts
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2463 on: Thursday, June 16, 2022, 13:03:52 »

I think Sandro said as much on Monday, 'conversations ongoing' or similar
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #2464 on: Thursday, June 16, 2022, 13:05:43 »

I suppose with the two Scotts, its probably more of a game of chicken between now and preseason when they'd actually be due to start work.

Its good we're not just rolling over and letting them pay us whatever they want, but probably wise to get it done and dusted soon and not over negotiate. We don't want to be stuck with two coaches we no longer really want.
Lambo75

Ignore
« Reply #2465 on: Thursday, June 16, 2022, 13:11:16 »

It seems logical to me that these guys are holding the rest of the news up.

In the absence of a solution, it must be within the clubs power to move these guys and put them to work doing youth development or something else low key (assuming they are not wanted in their current positions).

new man could them come in and install his backroom, and these guys either rot on a salary of x number month or they move on when a sufficient compensation value is met. Not exactly a win win but shows that we won't roll over, also preserves an upfront payment to get rid of....the hope being they leave of their own free will sooner rather than later.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #2466 on: Thursday, June 16, 2022, 13:19:36 »

In the absence of a solution, it must be within the clubs power to move these guys and put them to work doing youth development or something else low key (assuming they are not wanted in their current positions).

new man could them come in and install his backroom, and these guys either rot on a salary of x number month or they move on when a sufficient compensation value is met. Not exactly a win win but shows that we won't roll over, also preserves an upfront payment to get rid of....the hope being they leave of their own free will sooner rather than later.

That would leave us paying more coaches than we want and sounds remarkably like constructive dismissal which could cost us a fortune at an employment tribunal.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2467 on: Thursday, June 16, 2022, 13:24:21 »

Either the new manager is in, or he isn't.

We can't afford to wait for "I'll come if I can bring my own coaches".

I don't see the point of holding anything up just so we can announce all in one go. 
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #2468 on: Thursday, June 16, 2022, 14:42:29 »

This was from James Spence on June 7th

‘Issue is with compensation on the 2 scotts. We need Charlton to agree this before announcements can occur. We have preferred replacements (HC and no 2), as well as players signed (current and new ones) ready to go. Lets hope it all gets agreed asap.’

Says players old and new have signed. I don’t understand how haggling over not very much for the 2 Scotts prevents announcing what has occurred.

Seems fucking flaky to me.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #2469 on: Thursday, June 16, 2022, 14:48:27 »

This was from James Spence on June 7th

‘Issue is with compensation on the 2 scotts. We need Charlton to agree this before announcements can occur. We have preferred replacements (HC and no 2), as well as players signed (current and new ones) ready to go. Lets hope it all gets agreed asap.’

Says players old and new have signed. I don’t understand how haggling over not very much for the 2 Scotts prevents announcing what has occurred.

Seems fucking flaky to me.

Me neither. Who is James Spence?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #2470 on: Thursday, June 16, 2022, 14:49:58 »

Fella from the Trust who posts on here - JanAirplaneMan
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #2471 on: Thursday, June 16, 2022, 14:59:45 »

James Spencer

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #2472 on: Thursday, June 16, 2022, 15:08:11 »

James Spencer

New Manager Cheesy
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #2473 on: Thursday, June 16, 2022, 15:16:39 »

He's 4/1 already
Posh Red